Cristiano Ronaldo (302 Viewers)

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
:agree:

The issue with our attack last year for Ronaldo was we didn’t create enough chances, but Ronaldo had the freedom to basically do as he pleased in attack and play almost exclusively in and around the box. Which is why he had a pretty good season goal+assist wise even with our poor chance creation after October-November.

Sarri’s tried to put Ronaldo into a tactical system that doesn’t suit him and doesn’t allow him to expend the majority of his energy on that final product.
Allegri and even Zidane were also smart enough to use Ronaldos aerial prowess when we struggled to create anything on the ground which is 30+ Ronaldos major advantage, under sarri everything is sideways crap football and funneled through the middle and barely ever cross the ball in to the box, even the corners are short.

How many big CL ties has Ronaldo decided with headers and with Sarri he doesnt even use it total waste. Sarri was supposed to be this genius attacking coach yet hes stunk the joint out at chelsea and now juve with hes cure for insomnia tactics.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Allegri and even Zidane were also smart enough to use Ronaldos aerial prowess when we struggled to create anything on the ground which is 30+ Ronaldos major advantage, under sarri everything is sideways crap football and funneled through the middle and barely ever cross the ball in to the box, even the corners are short.

How many big CL ties has Ronaldo decided with headers and with Sarri he doesnt even use it total waste. Sarri was supposed to be this genius attacking coach yet hes stunk the joint out at chelsea and now juve with hes cure for insomnia tactics.
@Post Ironic

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I don't think this recent strawman argument against Sarri is particularly strong because if you want to use the barometer of players' performances increasing or decreasing to evaluate Sarri then surely that argument goes heavily in his favour, considering the rejuvenations being felt all across our squad.

I think if Ronaldo misses a header from the 6 yard box in the Juventus shirt, you should just blame Ronaldo and try not to think too much.
Of course this is your argument. Ronaldo misses 1 or 2 good chances and it’s his fault that we aren’t scoring more lol.

Player rejuvenations? Is this why our attack is on pace for 63 goals this year?

Perhaps alongside getting those players to look better on the pitch, he should get them working on final product in the box. :lol3:

- - - Updated - - -

Inter 2 Parma 2
Parma 0 Juve 1.
Your point?
Inter attack still better. They play more beautiful football :sigh:

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Inter 2 Parma 2
Parma 0 Juve 1.
Your point?
juve with ronaldo can score 1 or 2 but without him we can score only from penalty spot. Juve was always a very conservative team when it came to scoring goals, surprised you don't know that.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course this is your argument. Ronaldo misses 1 or 2 good chances and it’s his fault that we aren’t scoring more lol.

Perhaps alongside getting those players to look better on the pitch, he should get them working on final product in the box. :lol3:

- - - Updated - - -

Inter attack still better. They play more beautiful football :sigh:
Juve have always been a 1-0 side... Unlike Madrid,barca,mancity and bayern... So the frustration there is obvious....

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008

Who said this? You or me?

Of course we should score more goals. I kill Sarri all the time for this shit formation we're using. I have to be a broken record at this point.

But if Ronaldo misses chances in the box, it's Ronaldo missing the chances. If Bonucci is smashing Lukaku to the ground and sending Higuain on a breakaway, it's Bonucci doing that, not Sarri. If it's Cuadrado suddenly being a top class RB, then it's Cuadrado doing that, not Sarri.

My argument is if you want to put all the praise or blame on the coach, then I should see praise for him in a lot of other threads.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 280)