Cristiano Ronaldo (188 Viewers)

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Sarri if leaving players like Dybala, Costa and Rabiot on the bench whist expecting ronaldo to perform miracles on the pitch. Matuidi, Khedira and Bernardeschi are hard working but a million miles from being as creative as the players on the bench. If you have one threat on the pitch, how difficult will it be for the opposition to ameliorate it.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
I think its the pressure, in Real Madrid he knew that he would get 5-6 chances to score and in Portugal also their team mates create him 4-5 chances per match so he is cool in his head thats why his finishing is icecold here. In Juve match he gets only 1-2 chances and so the pressure is very high to score.
Ronaldo's ice-cold finishing is a myth that refuses to die for some reason.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Credit where credit is due, he seems to have improved Dybala and Higuain. But thus far it does look like his tactics don't suit Ronaldo, unless we haven't mastered it yet.
Ronaldo needs a free role in attack like he had under both Zidane and Allegri. He creates a huge number of goals and assists in and around the box given the freedom to play his game.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Ronaldo needs a free role in attack like he had under both Zidane and Allegri. He creates a huge number of goals and assists in and around the box given the freedom to play his game.
How was his relationship with Hazard again?

“I have spoken to him in the last two days, yesterday I told him for me he can score 40 goals. But spend less energy far from the goal and play in the last 25 metres.”

Play for Sarri -> score 40. It's that easy.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Hes playing different roles at club and country tho at juve hes dropping deep trying to pick the ball up from midifield or penalty box and sarri sideways crab football. At portugal hes plays a striker usually flanked by felix/silva or someone else.Just look at the heatmap differences from Sarri to allegri hes barely in the box at all.
:agree:

The issue with our attack last year for Ronaldo was we didn’t create enough chances, but Ronaldo had the freedom to basically do as he pleased in attack and play almost exclusively in and around the box. Which is why he had a pretty good season goal+assist wise even with our poor chance creation after October-November.

Sarri’s tried to put Ronaldo into a tactical system that doesn’t suit him and doesn’t allow him to expend the majority of his energy on that final product.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
:agree:

The issue with our attack last year for Ronaldo was we didn’t create enough chances, but Ronaldo had the freedom to basically do as he pleased in attack and play almost exclusively in and around the box. Which is why he had a pretty good season goal+assist wise even with our poor chance creation after October-November.

Sarri’s tried to put Ronaldo into a tactical system that doesn’t suit him and doesn’t allow him to expend the majority of his energy on that final product.
Allegri looks at the players available to him and picks a system that suits them best.
He literally was the perfect coach for our opportunity-signing transfer strategy.

Can't say the same about Sarri.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
How was his relationship with Hazard again?

“I have spoken to him in the last two days, yesterday I told him for me he can score 40 goals. But spend less energy far from the goal and play in the last 25 metres.”

Play for Sarri -> score 40. It's that easy.
Didn’t N96 also say Dybala would score 40-50 under Sarri and win ballon d’Or? :shifty:

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I don't think this recent strawman argument against Sarri is particularly strong because if you want to use the barometer of players' performances increasing or decreasing to evaluate Sarri then surely that argument goes heavily in his favour, considering the rejuvenations being felt all across our squad.

I think if Ronaldo misses a header from the 6 yard box in the Juventus shirt, you should just blame Ronaldo and try not to think too much.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
I don't think this recent strawman argument against Sarri is particularly strong because if you want to use the barometer of players' performances increasing or decreasing to evaluate Sarri then surely that argument goes heavily in his favour, considering the rejuvenations being felt all across our squad.
Especially Berna. Hands down the most rejuvenated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 162)