Cristiano Ronaldo (124 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Ronaldo requests extra security
By Football Italia staff

Cristiano Ronaldo has reportedly asked Juventus for at least three bodyguards to look after him and his family in Turin.

According to the Corriere di Torino newspaper, the Ballon d’Or winner is concerned that his villa in the Gran Madre park is too exposed.

He asked Juve to organise two security guards, one for his family and one to keep an eye on the villa at all times, plus a third bodyguard to accompany him everywhere he goes.

It's very possible the decision from local authorities to bring in an anti-terror unit to cover his debut Serie A game at the Stadio Bentegodi in Verona against Chievo prompted some anxiety.

Ronaldo is setting down roots in Turin, as his son Cristiano Jr has started training in the Juventus youth academy.

Mar 10, 2009

The controversy rumbles on after Cristiano Ronaldo bailed on the Champions League draw, as Luka Modric was named Best Player.
The Juventus star won the award for Best Champions League Midfielder of the Season, part of a Real Madrid clean sweep that also saw Keylor Navas, Sergio Ramos and Modric win trophies.
However, the ultimate prize for Player of the Season went to Croatia international Modric.
According to Tuttosport, Ronaldo decided at the last minute to cancel his private plane and not attend the ceremony in Monte Carlo because he heard rumours Real Madrid President Florentino Perez was pressuring UEFA to reward Modric instead.
“Why didn’t Ronaldo come? Only Ronaldo knows, you should ask him. We expected him to come but then, a couple of hours before, Juve told us he wouldn’t,” UEFA President Aleksander Ceferin told La Gazzetta dello Sport.
“l’ll only say this: there was a vote by 55 journalists and 80 Coaches, so they decided the winner and therefore the result must be accepted.
“However, I don’t know about Ronaldo and perhaps there were other reasons behind his absence. It’s better to be optimistic…”

https://www.football-italia.net/127418/cr7-blames-perez-modric-win

The point isn't whether Ronaldo won a pointless award, the point is that UEFA clearly has favourites.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Let's not pretend Ronaldos personality changed because he is our player now. He has a huge ego and is narcissistic, he is used to visibly get angry when a teammate got a goal instead of passing him, not celebrating, so it's hardly a suprise he won't show up for an award he expected to win.

He should have won, and reasons doesn't matter, couldn't care less for UEFA, imo he should sucked it up, his behaviour is disrespectful to his former teammate and friend in Modric. Rest is gravvy.

Any ways hope he scores today, can't wait to see the dam break and make Italy cry in weekly basis.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Ferrara: 'Ronaldo won't score as much' | Football Italia

Legendary defender Ciro Ferrara is confident Cristiano Ronaldo “won’t get more than 30 goals” this season for Juventus. “It’s different in Italy.”

There were bets being made on the former Real Madrid star shattering the all-time Serie A record, having scored 26 in 27 Liga games last season, with 15 goals in 13 Champions League appearances.

“I think he’ll get maximum 25-26 goals this season, but certainly fewer than he’s accustomed to scoring in Spain,” Ferrara told Il Corriere di Torino newspaper.

“He won’t get more than 30 goals, in my view. It’s different in Italy and I am not saying that just because of the defenders we have here, but also the style of football. It’s more tactical and even the smaller teams are more organised.

“Having said that, you cannot criticise Ronaldo, as he is a phenomenon and a great professional. This is why it makes me smile to see this apprehension over when he’ll score his first goal.”

Juve take on Parma this evening and there are reports Paulo Dybala will be dropped to the bench again.

“I think at this moment it’s more an issue of finding the right tactical shape. Dybala can’t really play wide in a 4-3-3, while if you go 4-2-3-1 then it means removing a midfielder. Miralem Pjanic does far better with three in the middle.

“As is only natural, Massimiliano Allegri is studying his players and trying to find the right system. He proved over the years that he has always excelled at this aspect of coaching.”

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Long as he is turning up big in the Champions League and moving all that Juve merchandise who cares what he scores in Serie A
The more he scores in league, the better practice and confidence builder it will be for CL. This is a new team for him, can't operate on auto pilot in CL like he did in Real, it has to be worked on, more free flowing way to find each other in the attack, so defenitely scoring alot in league will go long way to facilitate that.

ColloRosso

Jul 16, 2018

The controversy rumbles on after Cristiano Ronaldo bailed on the Champions League draw, as Luka Modric was named Best Player.
The Juventus star won the award for Best Champions League Midfielder of the Season, part of a Real Madrid clean sweep that also saw Keylor Navas, Sergio Ramos and Modric win trophies.
However, the ultimate prize for Player of the Season went to Croatia international Modric.
According to Tuttosport, Ronaldo decided at the last minute to cancel his private plane and not attend the ceremony in Monte Carlo because he heard rumours Real Madrid President Florentino Perez was pressuring UEFA to reward Modric instead.
“Why didn’t Ronaldo come? Only Ronaldo knows, you should ask him. We expected him to come but then, a couple of hours before, Juve told us he wouldn’t,” UEFA President Aleksander Ceferin told La Gazzetta dello Sport.
“l’ll only say this: there was a vote by 55 journalists and 80 Coaches, so they decided the winner and therefore the result must be accepted.
“However, I don’t know about Ronaldo and perhaps there were other reasons behind his absence. It’s better to be optimistic…”

https://www.football-italia.net/127418/cr7-blames-perez-modric-win

The point isn't whether Ronaldo won a pointless award, the point is that UEFA clearly has favourites.

Can you imagine after what happened Ronaldo and Florentino on the same room? I can't.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Let's not pretend Ronaldos personality changed because he is our player now. He has a huge ego and is narcissistic, he is used to visibly get angry when a teammate got a goal instead of passing him, not celebrating, so it's hardly a suprise he won't show up for an award he expected to win.

He should have won, and reasons doesn't matter, couldn't care less for UEFA, imo he should sucked it up, his behaviour is disrespectful to his former teammate and friend in Modric. Rest is gravvy.

Any ways hope he scores today, can't wait to see the dam break and make Italy cry in weekly basis.

:agree: While I think Ronaldo has matured somewhat (probably having four kids) over the past few years he is still the same person. Not at all surprised he skipped the ceremony but hopefully it provides the motivation for him to go all out to win it next year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 113)