Cristiano Ronaldo (227 Viewers)

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
If the World Cup was taken in consideration along with club campaign, than Modric deserves the award more than Ronaldo. He was instrumental for Croatia reaching the final in the most important football competition. ofc he was always going to get it, if criteria is set that way. I hoped it only included European based competition, which would then mean Ronaldo is a safe bet.
This :tup:

ColloRosso

Jul 16, 2018

- - - Updated - - -

If the World Cup was taken into consideration along with club campaign, then Modric deserves the award more than Ronaldo. He was instrumental for Croatia reaching the final in the most important football competition. ofc he was always going to get it, if criteria is set that way. I hoped it only included European based competition, which would then mean Ronaldo is a safe bet.

Modric was alright in WC but never spectacular as Ronaldo was against Spain which was the best individual performance by any player by far. Also the most watched game by far in the WC. And lets not forget he scored 4 goals only behind Harry Kane which made an hattrick against Panama :lol:

Croatia played through the "hot" bracket of the tournament hopping between penalty shootouts until the final when they got to play against a real team :lol:

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011

- - - Updated - - -

Modric was alright in WC but never spectacular as Ronaldo was against Spain which was the best individual performance by any player by far. Also the most watched game by far in the WC. And lets not forget he scored 4 goals only behind Harry Kane which made an hattrick against Panama :lol:

Croatia played through the "hot" bracket of the tournament hopping between penalty shootouts until the final when they got to play against a real team :lol:
His " best performance by far" was In a group stage which doesnt hold the same weight as knockout games. To bring this up is laughable :p. Modric had spectacular game in SF and QF, especially against England when he dominated the midfield and was pivotal for Croatia turning the game around.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Is this really that much of an issue for him? It's his fucking former teammate for years. What a whiny bitch :disagree:

No way, that'd be Cavani vs Portugal. Two of Ronaldo's goals there were absolute gifts. I will take nothing away from him for the freekick though, that was great.

ColloRosso

Jul 16, 2018
His " best performance by far" was In a group stage which doesnt hold the same weight as knockout games. To bring this up is laughable :p. Modric had spectacular game in SF and QF, especially against England when he domiatated the midfield and was pivotal for Croatia turning the game around.

Just noticed you are from Croatia now :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Is this really that much of an issue for him? It's his fucking former teammate for years. What a whiny bitch :disagree:

No way, that'd be Cavani vs Portugal. Two of Ronaldo's goals there were absolute gifts. I will take nothing away from him for the freekick though, that was great.

I will be your Cavani and you will be my Suarez? Portugal doesn't have another one unfortunately.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011

- - - Updated - - -

I will be your Cavani and you will be my Suarez? Portugal doesn't have another one unfortunately.
That has nothing to do with it. I wanted Ronaldo to win the award bc hes a Juve player. But criteria is set this way that WC is considered the pinacle of every players career.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
There's no denying Modric is the best midfielder in the world for the past 4 years. But If Ronaldo is still in Madrid, I doubt they'd give it to Modric when Ronaldo is sitting next to him. Ronaldo was clearly the driving force behind Madrid's CL triumph last season.

The Ballon d'Or will be considered for the entire 2018. If the Cristiano go on beast mode the next 3 months, Modric has no chance winning the award. Reaching the World Cup final is forgotten by that time. It happened before when Iniesta won the Euro's with Spain and shortly after he was crowned UEFA's best player over Ronaldo and Messi, but ended up third behind Messi and Ronaldo for the Ballon d'Or.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011

- - - Updated - - -

Lol hes super competitive and wants to win all the time. Finishing 2nd isnt an option and I bet he was working out while the ceremony took place :lol: Dont hold it against him. His drive and determintation is a perfect fit for Juve. This reply was directed at poster above you.

ColloRosso

Jul 16, 2018
That has nothing to do with it. I wanted Ronaldo to win the award bc hes a Juve player. But criteria is set this way that WC is considered the pinacle of every players career.

I see. Ain't saying Modric wouldn't deserve the prize, but if Ronaldo would still be in Real he would win it for sure. All the Madrid press voted for the Madrid player and now even all the antis and rivals turned white so it even added more votes in to Modric :lol:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
His " best performance by far" was In a group stage which doesnt hold the same weight as knockout games. To bring this up is laughable :p. Modric had spectacular game in SF and QF, especially against England when he dominated the midfield and was pivotal for Croatia turning the game around.
I bet the same people who are bitching now also complained about Sneijder not winning the Balon D’or over Messi in 2010

ColloRosso

Jul 16, 2018
There's no denying Modric is the best midfielder in the world for the past 4 years. But If Ronaldo is still in Madrid, I doubt they'd give it to Modric when Ronaldo is sitting next to him. Ronaldo was clearly the driving force behind Madrid's CL triumph last season.

The Ballon d'Or will be considered for the entire 2018. If the Cristiano go on beast mode the next 3 months, Modric has no chance winning the award. Reaching the World Cup final is forgotten by that time. It happened before when Iniesta won the Euro's with Spain and shortly after he was crowned UEFA's best player over Ronaldo and Messi, but ended up third behind Messi and Ronaldo for the Ballon d'Or.

Real are fucked up now. Besides losing Ronaldo. This guy here is their coach:

Modric noticed and wanted to escape to Inter also to play with friends but couldn't make it :lol:

About the rest it's all true. There are only two players in the world and when one is not on the shortlist they vote for the one with most chances to make it so that the other doesn't get it :lol:

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Lol hes super competitive and wants to win all the time. Finishing 2nd isnt an option and I bet he was working out while the ceremony took place :lol: Dont hold it against him. His drive and determintation is a perfect fit for Juve. This reply was directed at poster above you.
Regardless of wanting to win everything, it's incredibly childish and makes him look like a baby throwing a tantrum because he didn't get the toy he wanted.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
If the World Cup was taken into consideration along with club campaign, then Modric deserves the award more than Ronaldo. He was instrumental for Croatia reaching the final in the most important football competition. ofc he was always going to get it, if criteria is set that way. I hoped it only included European based competition, which would then mean Ronaldo is a safe bet.
2014 Messi reaches WC final and doesnt win it. Germans dont win it either. Instead Ronaldo wins it. Despite Portugal exit in group stage!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 212)