Cristiano Ronaldo (107 Viewers)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
CR7 was very crap in the final against Liverpool, but come on, 15 (?) goals in a CL campaign should guarantee receiving that prize. Wondering if this means that Modrič wins the Ballon d'Or as well, as it should actually take into account the WC unlike this prize.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
CR7 was very crap in the final against Liverpool, but come on, 15 (?) goals in a CL campaign should guarantee receiving that prize. Wondering if this means that Modrič wins the Ballon d'Or as well, as it should actually take into account the WC unlike this prize.
Of course Modric will win, he plays for the Holy Real Madrid.

ColloRosso

Jul 16, 2018

And Real always have a good press and image and they "made" a campaign for Modric. This award could be more like a consolation prize as it's the only awards that doesn't go to Ronaldo or Messi. Both FIFA and France Football awards for a decade now only go to the two chronic winners.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
Such bullshit Modrić got the prize. Don't get me wrong, i always wanted other players to get some silverware beside Messi & CR, but let's not kid ourselves, had Cristiano still be in Real he'd win this 100%.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
If the World Cup was taken into consideration along with club campaign, then Modric deserves the award more than Ronaldo. He was instrumental for Croatia reaching the final in the most important football competition. ofc he was always going to get it, if criteria is set that way. I hoped it only included European based competition, which would then mean Ronaldo is a safe bet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 90)