Cristiano Ronaldo (42 Viewers)

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Stop with this GOAT shit.

It's cringe as hell.
GOAT conversation is subjective. I don't see what's wrong if someone considers him as the greatest player of all time.

Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean others can't have that opinion. Besides this is a Juventus forum and we're involved in a discussion of an ex-Juventus player who also happens to be a great player.

If this agitates you so much, maybe you can head over to the Bayern forum and rant about it as much as you like.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
GOAT conversation is subjective. I don't see what's wrong if someone considers him as the greatest player of all time.

Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean others can't have that opinion. Besides this is a Juventus forum and we're involved in a discussion of an ex-Juventus player who also happens to be a great player.

If this agitates you so much, maybe you can head over to the Bayern forum and rant about it as much as you like.
To me it just becomes too much with Messi and Ronaldo. You can consider them GOAT's I just find it too much at times. Seems I'm not the only one on this forum, does that mean @Bianconero81 also have to leave and rant somewhere else? :shifty:

I mean, you're free to call him the GOAT all you want. But at the same time others are free not to consider him the GOAT. Saying "stop with this GOAT shit" is not meant as you can't talk about it.

Last edited:
May 26, 2016
The opposite is true, him not being the GOAT is your opinion, as he clearly is in every measurable way. And youre entitled to have your opinion, just have the courtesy of owning up to the fact that its your opinion and with no evidence to support the claim other than how you feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lol this is some interesting mental gymnastics for sure. So any other opinion compared to yours on a subject of taste is know "false" , gotcha

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Only because he doesn't have a dick.
So you do admit to sucking Rodildo's dick? Thank you for the confirmation.

- - - Updated - - -

:rofl:

Worshipping this cack player while bagging on the GOAT. Mental illness.

I don't worship him. I just happen to really like him as a player because of the element of fantasy he brings. You're obviously free to disagree, because unlike you, I'm not trying to forcibly shove my erroneous opinion down someone's throat. You're free to hate Dybala all you want.

Claiming your opinion is fact is some mental gymnastics and aggrandizement at its finest. Who's got the mental illness now chump?

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
To me it just becomes too much with Messi and Ronaldo. You can consider them GOAT's I just find it too much at times. Seems I'm not the only one on this forum, does that mean @Bianconero81 also have to leave and rant somewhere else? :shifty:

I mean, you're free to call him the GOAT all you want. But at the same time others are free not to consider him the GOAT. Saying "stop with this GOAT shit" is not meant as you can't talk about it.
B81 is not a good example tho. Guy is a certified pussyfag lover and seems to hate legendary sporting icons of the current generation for some reason. Old man is caught up too much in nostalgia :p

In all seriousness, I don't consider him the GOAT but I honestly don't have a problem if people do consider him to be the GOAT. Same with Messi. Both deserve all the respect at this stage in their respective careers.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
B81 is not a good example tho. Guy is a certified pussyfag lover and seems to hate legendary sporting icons of the current generation for some reason. Old man is caught up too much in nostalgia :p

In all seriousness, I don't consider him the GOAT but I honestly don't have a problem if people do consider him to be the GOAT. Same with Messi. Both deserve all the respect at this stage in their respective careers.
Here we agree.

Both are big legends and some of the best to ever play the game, there's no doubt there. But to me it's hard to find a single GOAT because there has been so many great players over the years...

May 26, 2016
Here we agree.

Both are big legends and some of the best to ever play the game, there's no doubt there. But to me it's hard to find a single GOAT because there has been so many great players over the years...
Point is the Goat discussion is a matter of taste and what you decide to focus on: there is no 100% correct answer. Its like arguing whether you like Pizza or Hamburgers more. People could argue about such things until the end of time and still not agree: its not based purely on logic

The romans Had a saying for it:

De gustibus non est disputandum

Last edited:

Strickland

May 17, 2019
The opposite is true, him not being the GOAT is your opinion, as he clearly is in every measurable way. And youre entitled to have your opinion, just have the courtesy of owning up to the fact that its your opinion and with no evidence to support the claim other than how you feel.
The origins of football (that can be historically proven) date back to 200-300 years before Christ. I'm pretty certain we have 0 measurable ways to compare enthusiasts, amateurs and professional players in this 2200-2300 year timespan.

I'm also pretty certain that we have 0 measurable ways to do it in the last ~100 years since professional football has taken its place as king of sports.

Perhaps we could cover the past 20 or at most 40 years, but even 40 is too much, the data from a footie game in 1982 and in 2022 is vastly different and the memories of a 12yo in 1982 vs now 52yo are not reliable either. We could do massive polling of fans or put together a group of esteemed experts + analysts, maybe that could provide something tangible, but that could cover only a few decades at most. Greatest of all time? Can't be done, that title shouldn't exist.

May 26, 2016
Re-read my post, then compare it to what you responded with.

"The opposite is true, him not being the GOAT is your opinion, as he clearly is in every measurable way"

This implies that the measurements of the discussion are set to your liking or taste : i could find measures that dispute this and brings up the contrary.

Speaking of mental gymnastics, it can be done in a lot of ways: it will depend on what you choose to focus on.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
"The opposite is true, him not being the GOAT is your opinion, as he clearly is in every measurable way"

This implies that the measurements of the discussion are set to your liking or taste : i could find measures that dispute this and brings up the contrary.

Speaking of mental gymnastics, it can be done in a lot of ways: it will depend on what you choose to focus on.
Have at it.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
The origins of football (that can be historically proven) date back to 200-300 years before Christ. I'm pretty certain we have 0 measurable ways to compare enthusiasts, amateurs and professional players in this 2200-2300 year timespan.

I'm also pretty certain that we have 0 measurable ways to do it in the last ~100 years since professional football has taken its place as king of sports.

Perhaps we could cover the past 20 or at most 40 years, but even 40 is too much, the data from a footie game in 1982 and in 2022 is vastly different and the memories of a 12yo in 1982 vs now 52yo are not reliable either. We could do massive polling of fans or put together a group of esteemed experts + analysts, maybe that could provide something tangible, but that could cover only a few decades at most. Greatest of all time? Can't be done, that title shouldn't exist.
Are you saying that Jesus Christ isn’t the GOAT?

@Hust

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009

You filthy chapati munching motherfucker :p :b81:

I love Vidal, Tevez, Zidane, Baggio, The Original Ronado, Del Piero, Licht, Nedved and Davids. None of them are pussyfags.

There are only two legendary icons of the current generation, so the sample size is small.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)