Cristiano Ronaldo (115 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
It seems that the best striker award always goes to the Capocannoniere. Not sure if a player can get the positional award and the overall MVP award in the same season but looking at previous seasons it hasn't happened. Lukaku seems pretty certain to win the overall MVP.
Id be surprised if it's not Lukaku actually, unless they try to be cute about it

Buy on AliExpress.com

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Makes sense for him to win the MVP for best forward...and he missed a fair few games as well..probably could have 35 plus goals. And imagine if he could take free kicks lol.

He is gone...no way he stays. All the best.

Agree MVP overall to Barella...to think 12 months ago Dybala won this award.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Yeah, he worked in RM's setup with gazillions of quality players, but he's not in his prime anymore and here the club caters to him to such an extent since we don't have the same club stature. That hinders us.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Benzema for sure suffered :)
Yes, I'm sure he's devastated winning 4 CL trophies and being best friends with CR.

Yeah, he worked in RM's setup with gazillions of quality players, but he's not in his prime anymore and here the club caters to him to such an extent since we don't have the same club stature. That hinders us.
That is not Ronaldo's problem. The mentality of the club and players around him needs to change. Chiesa worked beautifully with him because he doesn't care, he just plays football. More guys like that the better.

Jun 6, 2015
The biggest mistake for me was that after signing Ronaldo we for some reason hired two coaches that wanted us to morph into a team that presses high. Ronaldo certainly is not the player for that. So if Moggi means playing as a collective without the ball then I agree. On the attacking side I feel the problems lie elsewhere, it would be extremely harsh to blame our most productive attacking player for those problems.

Last edited:

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Real Madrid 2014-2018 was a team so stacked that they could pick and choose between prime Isco and prime Bale, depending on the opponent in the Champions League. A team so stacked that prime James Rodriguez, who had 35 goal involvements in 2014/15, was benched indefinitely from 2015-2017 because he wasn’t as good as the other midfielders they had.

Outside of Ronaldo, our best players this season have been Chiesa and Cuadrado. Neither would get a look in that Real Madrid side that won 4 CL in 5 years. This Juventus team is so far away from that Real Madrid team that any comparison is pointless. What worked for Madrid will not necessarily work for Juventus.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
S
Yes, I'm sure he's devastated winning 4 CL trophies and being best friends with CR.

That is not Ronaldo's problem. The mentality of the club and players around him needs to change. Chiesa worked beautifully with him because he doesn't care, he just plays football. More guys like that the better.
Spot on.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Moggi knows football but this is just stating the obvious.

- - - Updated - - -

Makes sense for him to win the MVP for best forward...and he missed a fair few games as well..probably could have 35 plus goals. And imagine if he could take free kicks lol.

He is gone...no way he stays. All the best.

Agree MVP overall to Barella...to think 12 months ago Dybala won this award.
He can and that's why he does. He just can't score them.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Of course he hasn't...cuz they know the ridiculous amount of money he costs cant be sustained.

If we had billionaire owners they may think differently.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
First off alot of people care and secondly he's not wrong
We will see more fluidity, better teamplay, more goals from winger and midfield, unpredictable movement without him on the teamsheet
We only need to ensure our CF is top goalscorer material, someone who can promise 25+ goals then we will never feel the lose of him
(Vlahovic currently getting 21 goals, but I am sure he will be contender for top goalscorer for years to come)
His muscle, his height, his fst movement, he is born to be a target man

The discrepancy of goals will be covered by more goals from our trident (wingers and CAM) , each of them only need to make 2 goals more (Chiesa , Kulu , Dybala) With this setup, I can really see more goals especially from Dybala. And that is good if we want to sell him when he already 29
Maybe we can do like Hazard to Madrid move valuation (or slightly below that) if Dybala getting around 10+ goals and 10+ assists. Barca and Madrid will come to us to poach him, especially Barca when Messi is no more relevant for them

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
We will see more fluidity, better teamplay, more goals from winger and midfield, unpredictable movement without him on the teamsheet
We only need to ensure our CF is top goalscorer material, someone who can promise 25+ goals then we will never feel the lose of him
(Vlahovic currently getting 21 goals, but I am sure he will be contender for top goalscorer for years to come)
His muscle, his height, his fst movement, he is born to be a target man

The discrepancy of goals will be covered by more goals from our trident (wingers and CAM) , each of them only need to make 2 goals more (Chiesa , Kulu , Dybala) With this setup, I can really see more goals especially from Dybala. And that is good if we want to sell him when he already 29
Maybe we can do like Hazard to Madrid move valuation (or slightly below that) if Dybala getting around 10+ goals and 10+ assists. Barca and Madrid will come to us to poach him, especially Barca when Messi is no more relevant for them
Ensuring our CF being top scorer material with +25 in years to come is going to cost alot of money. In this whole footballing world, there ain’t many players scoring +25 goals a season year in, year out. Let alone scoring 25 goals in Serie A, so for example when was the last time Juve player scored 25 league goals before Ronaldo?

Wingers scoring or someone else scoring is not guaranteed thing. Chiesa and Morata going near 20 league goals each? Or are we going to have 5 different players scoring +10 each? Kulu, Chiesa, Morata, Dybala are all kind of inconsistent, little bit injury prones if playing every single minute every night. In a perfect world, they could but will they? Instead, it’s way better to have one player literally guaranteeing those 25 league goals alone. Do we have him? Yes and do we really want to get rid of him? I don’t know. We can, but if we sign someone to add the goals it will cost shit load of money regardless. I’d seriously get rid of the question marks(ala Dybala) because he doesn’t guarantee anything. If something is guaranteed, you can count on it. Can you count on Dybala? I don’t think so + he will cost alot of money as well.

Im completely fine with Ronaldo, Morata, Chiesa, Kulusevski as our attacking options. Experience and youth, hunger and speed. It ain’t our problem, so let’s not fix anything that is not broken.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 93)