Cricket (2 Viewers)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
anyway, the aussies took the light again, its 277-2, 96 runs behinf with 8 wickets in hand. New ball is due after one or two overs tomorrow morning.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
so england've lost it?
Depends, If australia contiue batting for a big total... then we may be able to batt defensively for the draw...

If the aussies are sensible and declare early... we are in trouble...

Of course theres also the possibility of rain which throws it back to us... Unfortuanately nature seems to be against us on this one...

Way weve played today and yesterday afternoon we dont deserve it anyway

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
England have been defensive from the onset, and that usually hurts when you're playing Australia. However, I dont think all is lost. If the weather interferes play tomorrow and day after as it has done today, then I can safely say England have it in the bag. But if tomorrow goes all the way through, then Warne is going to be feasting on the Poms come Monday. I'm just hoping mother nature beats Warne to it.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Tom ] ++
its not school, its professional qualification, will get me a starting wage of £30k p/a once qualified, hopefully in 2 years when I'll be 22-23.
30k, jeez thats impressive. What is the line being pursued here?

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++

Depends, If australia contiue batting for a big total... then we may be able to batt defensively for the draw...

If the aussies are sensible and declare early... we are in trouble...

Of course theres also the possibility of rain which throws it back to us... Unfortuanately nature seems to be against us on this one...

im not quite sure what you said here but good luck anyway.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Of course we deserve it, we've been on top for three tests, the aussies have been on top in the first test, and are on the balance of it playing better in this test too. Thats 3-2, we've been overall the better team.

Where's your enthusiasm :D

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
30k, jeez thats impressive. What is the line being pursued here?
Accountancy at the minute but I'll probably branch out into other areas once qualified, you can do a hell of a lot with a professional qualification and letters after your name. :cool:

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by axlrose85 ] ++
do you study too baggio?
how old are you btw?im just curious.

I'll have no qualms about answering that, just as long as you tell me what prompted the curiosity? ;)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
@Shadowfax: I think you're being a bit harsh. I think England have outplayed Australia not only in 3 tests out of 5, but also in almost all the sessions of each of those matches. That alone, is creditable enough. And surely, everybody loves to see the underdog kick ass. At least I do. No doubt in my mind, England are deserving winners of this series.

@ Tom: Accountancy, I guess its ok to start with as long as you intend to branch out in due time because that could be one helluva boring profession. Keep at it though, good on you. While Im at it, how big is advertising in the UK? Been looking at getting some experience abroad, and the UK would be one of the destinations Ive shortlisted, however, if only the sun would shine there more often. And I just wish I didnt have to leave my lovely India, but I think its important to get an experience away from the comforts of home.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Brilliant Freddie this morning... 356 for 6 at lunch
The flipside to that is, if Australia lost 4 wickets in such conditions, you can only imagine what Warne and McGrath will do to England. Still hoping bad light or rain stop play. In fact, England should keep Australia out there to bowl more overs to reduce the number of overs to be bowled today and let their run rate move real slow which is what will happen once the lower order kicks in. Getting them all out would mean batting for a decent total over two days which wont happen with the likes of McGrath and Waugh and the Aussies would have enough time to gun that down. Bring down the rain already!

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by axlrose85 ] ++
ill eat my foot if flintoff doesnt win the man of the series award.
He should do.. but i wouldnt be surprised if warne got it seeing as its his last appearance at a test in england

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Noway, Warne cant win the man of series award unless Australia level it on the last day and he gets the remaining 9 wickets. Its Freddie all the way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)