Cricket (6 Viewers)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Well going to Australia is a dream of mine also. In fact its the first port of call when I take a year out on qualification. The weather, the people, the sights the sounds .. its gotta be done to be honest.

You'll get a fairly decent starting wage I'd have though.. would be higher if you had a degree though, forgive me I don't know your background that well but you should be ok, and you're right it would be a very interesting career move should you be involved in the ad campaigns particularly.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
What was important here however, is that now that Australia have lost, the chopping and changing is whats going to lead to the shift in the balance of power. How far west I wonder? India and Pakistan in transition, England have risen from the Ashes, literally speaking. England, India, Pakistan? Is that the big 3?
I wouldn't count the Aussies out of the big three just yet, though personally I think England and India have got to be considered 1 and 2 in the world at the minute. I can;t wait for the winter test matches to start, will hopfully be another close and exciting series, though must admit I'm a bit concerned that

Harbaijan Singh + Anil Kumble >>>> Ashley Giles + ?

slightly one sided and you've got spinners wickets all over the shop

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
Unbelievable stuff. Crazy innings by Pietersen, perhaps his greatest innings ever, no matter what he does from hereon in. Too bad it came so early in his career. What was important here however, is that now that Australia have lost, the chopping and changing is whats going to lead to the shift in the balance of power. How far west I wonder? India and Pakistan in transition, England have risen from the Ashes, literally speaking. England, India, Pakistan? Is that the big 3?
I like how that sounds.....just remove the first two countries..:D j/k!

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Tom ] ++

I wouldn't count the Aussies out of the big three just yet, though personally I think England and India have got to be considered 1 and 2 in the world at the minute. I can;t wait for the winter test matches to start, will hopfully be another close and exciting series, though must admit I'm a bit concerned that

Harbaijan Singh + Anil Kumble >>>> Ashley Giles + ?

slightly one sided and you've got spinners wickets all over the shop

England and India as the top two sides in cricket? Not just yet, not India at least. We're currently in transition, so this phase is going to be far from our best. Although you're right the winter series might prove to be a one sided affair because of the turn the players can extract. Having said that though, it could still make for some great one on one contests. Flintoff made the difference the last time you guys were here and won the one day series. Interesting to see what it would be this time around. The reason I say Australia are going to fall from their throne is because the team has just been so good over the last few years that there's been no place to nurture younger talent in the squad. With the veterans on their way out, there seems to be very little in terms of talent waiting in the wings. Time will tell.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Indeed, but you have a point. The average age of the aussies in the last test was about 5 years older than ours, I think it was 31. Warne, McGrath, Ponting, Hayden etc have all been around for some time. The only youngster in the team is Tait and he comes across as a right arrogant cock so if thats the future god help them.

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Tom ] ++
Indeed, but you have a point. The average age of the aussies in the last test was about 5 years older than ours, I think it was 31. Warne, McGrath, Ponting, Hayden etc have all been around for some time. The only youngster in the team is Tait and he comes across as a right arrogant cock so if thats the future god help them.
true tait is arrogant, but he has a deadly inswinging yorker if he ever gets it going. The aussie squad is far from dead, they will throw it all at us when we go over in 18months,

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by axlrose85 ] ++
tait has go to have the most pathetic bowling action in world cricket.
u wouldnt be saying that if u were on the end of one of his inswinging yorkers.

neath_lad

Jun 25, 2004
i havnt keep up to date with this thread but i watch the 5 tests except the 3rd one because i was in italy and it was great and very nervous but we got the ashes back home and its great for the game.

but for me what made it eve greater to watch you could see the rivalry of both teams but the sportmanships was awesome.

it said 7 million tuned in for the final test in the uk

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Ahh, a game of Cricket requires way too much time and energy to set up. I'd much rather stick to my football skills. Unfortunately though, I dont know 22 fit people in my life, so I guess I'm going to have to stick to playing against the wall. :down:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)