Cricket (6 Viewers)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
yeah, I wouldn't read too much into our last innings collapse. It was a combo of brilliant bowling and panicky batting. i don't think it should affect the first innings at the oval.

Cool avatar by the way and welcome to the forums, if i haven't welcomed you already :)

Buy on AliExpress.com

neath_lad

Jun 25, 2004
great some cricket fans on here. england gotta win the final test or draw to get the ashes off the big headed aussies. they havnt had it their way with one of them claiming to win the series 5-0.

the bad news is that friday and saturday rain is forecast, there is so much hype over here in the papers about the last test hope it isnt a rained off.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
hey, winning the ashes series is a once in a lifetime thing for us, its like winning the rugby world cup, the whole country is getting behind them!

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
rain being forecast for saturdaya and friday will work to england's advantage.they'll be exposed less to the aussies which'll help them in not losing the match and winning the series.but yea,i wud want the english to win the 5th match to too and really give the aussies a kick in their balls.
5-0 my ass.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Chappell has nothing to do with Axl. He's inherited what Wright has left behind so he's got his work cut out for him, and thats a good thing. The problem is quite clearly lying in the fact that the stalwarts Sehwag, Ganguly and now Dravid are just not firing. Tendulkar isnt around. So the problem to me is in the batting and to a great extent in our confidence. No worries though, its only a matter of time before we're up there again. Pakistan went through that phase, so you know what I mean.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
373 all out; not bad considering, but the aussies are 112-0. We look lost without Simon Jones to be honest. Thankfully the bad light/rain have come at the right time. I'm praying for more.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Need at least another day washed out or bad light to interfere, if this one can be considered safe. 112 for no loss is too dicey, with 373 on the board and 3 days to play. If the Aussies even get a sniff of the upper hand, they'll grab the chance. Lets hope the weather gods have a say in this one. My personal take on this one, England should've had another 30 runs on the board to give themselves a shot in this one. Its rain or bust as far as Im concerned. Go Poms, go.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by axlrose85 ] ++
is there any chance of rain tomorrow?
its forecast everyday for the rest of the test, with heavier rain tomorrow then light showers afterwards.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
Its rain or bust as far as Im concerned. Go Poms, go.
Thanks for the support :D

but I don't see it as "rain or bust" - I don't think its that straightforward. Getting the Aussies out is going to be a major ask for an out of form Harmison, Hoggard who's only good with the new ball, Giles who obviously can't spin the ball unless he gets lucky and collingwood who's not really that good a bowler anyway. Its all up to Freddy and he ain't gonna get more than 5.

Having said that our batting lineup with Collingwood is pretty strong on paper, AJ Strauss, Tres, Vaughan, Bell, KP, Freddy, GO Jones and Colly is pretty strong. If they had to bat through a long period tomake the game safe they should be able to do it if they go about it the right way.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Tom ] ++

Thanks for the support :D

but I don't see it as "rain or bust" - I don't think its that straightforward. Getting the Aussies out is going to be a major ask for an out of form Harmison, Hoggard who's only good with the new ball, Giles who obviously can't spin the ball unless he gets lucky and collingwood who's not really that good a bowler anyway. Its all up to Freddy and he ain't gonna get more than 5.

Having said that our batting lineup with Collingwood is pretty strong on paper, AJ Strauss, Tres, Vaughan, Bell, KP, Freddy, GO Jones and Colly is pretty strong. If they had to bat through a long period tomake the game safe they should be able to do it if they go about it the right way.
Tom Ive said it before, England dont have it in them if theyre made to bat again. This unit has all the firepower in the bowling, but the batting is where the chinks lie. And Im afraid they only get wider in the second innings. Sure they've scored 400 plus often enough in the series, but lets not forget, those scores have all come batting first. If any of those tests involved the Aussies batting first, it would've been a different story. So when England bats again, theyre going to have to be in a position where the test is nothing but a mere formality. If theyre up against a first innings deficit, and it doesnt rain, then my friend, there would be trouble. Im having this feeling though, that rain is going to wash out tomorrow as well. Which should pretty much seal the deal for me.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
play due in 10 minutes apparently, F1 qualifying starts at 11.30. What the hell am I supposed to do, I have the biggest two exams of my life on monday and tuesday and I'm hooked on sport. Goddam television!

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by axlrose85 ] ++
screw the exams.
u can always retake them.
yeah but I'll have to pay £150 for each of them, and about £400 for each revision course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)