Country's All Time Greatest Player (1 Viewer)

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Rossi returned just in time for 1982 FIFA World Cup, but Italian journalists and tifosi lamented he was in very poor shape. This view seemed to be confirmed by Italy's first, appalling three matches, in which he was allegedly described as a ghost wandering over the field aimlessly.

Bearzot, however, stauncely confirmed Rossi for the decisive round robin, in which his team was to face Argentina, the reigning World Champions, and Brazil, then considered the No. 1 favourite for the final title. After defeating Argentina 2-1, Rossi scored three memorable goals to shock Brazil 3-2 to qualify for the semi finals against Poland. Here his two goals again won the match for Italy against Poland. He also scored the first of the three goals with which Italy beat Germany in the final, giving his team their third World Cup.

Italian fans hung banners proclaiming him "Man of the match". Rossi's accomplishments in Spain gained him the title of European Footballer of the Year and World Player of the Year in 1982.
Hmmm, where have I read this same exact article before??:disagree:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Rossi returned just in time for 1982 FIFA World Cup, but Italian journalists and tifosi lamented he was in very poor shape. This view seemed to be confirmed by Italy's first, appalling three matches, in which he was allegedly described as a ghost wandering over the field aimlessly.

Bearzot, however, stauncely confirmed Rossi for the decisive round robin, in which his team was to face Argentina, the reigning World Champions, and Brazil, then considered the No. 1 favourite for the final title. After defeating Argentina 2-1, Rossi scored three memorable goals to shock Brazil 3-2 to qualify for the semi finals against Poland. Here his two goals again won the match for Italy against Poland. He also scored the first of the three goals with which Italy beat Germany in the final, giving his team their third World Cup.

Italian fans hung banners proclaiming him "Man of the match". Rossi's accomplishments in Spain gained him the title of European Footballer of the Year and World Player of the Year in 1982.
How does that make him the greatest Italian of all time? :confused:

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
aye sorry bisco mate but if you are gonna post an article you must quote it as such,its just good forum etiquette

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
I know, I read that article a couple of days ago, can't remember where...but the thing is, trying to pass it as your own is un-cool.
aye sorry bisco mate but if you are gonna post an article you must quote it as such,its just good forum etiquette
i didnt try passing it out as my own, it was just a big article so i copied the bits that were relevant and posted it. i just forgot to say it was from wikipedia.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
i didnt try passing it out as my own, it was just a big article so i copied the bits that were relevant and posted it. i just forgot to say it was from wikipedia.
while most people willr ecognise that it is an article many other will actually believe that you wrote it. the same goes for capellos diary, many people think it is all my imagination when the reality is that its all true......

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
while most people willr ecognise that it is an article many other will actually believe that you wrote it. the same goes for capellos diary, many people think it is all my imagination when the reality is that its all true......
hehehe capellos diary is out of this world :agree: :toast:

yeah u r right about the rossi article its true it would be hard to recognize whether it was my own word or not.

Alex66

Jul 14, 2006
Brazil: Pele or Romario

Slovakia: Masopust, Moravcik, Dobovsky(r.i.p) or Mintal

Italy: Baggio or Zoff

France: Platiny or Zidane

Germany: Beckenbauer or Rummenige but i liked Ulf Kirsten much

Egnland: Charlton or Sheringham:D

Argentina: Kempes or Batistuta or Esnaider:lol:

Holland: van Basten or Haan

Portugal: Eusebio

Spain: alfredo Di Stefano

Poland: Boniek

Uruguay: Montero (I thank bout Fonseca:D )

Czech Repubic: Nedved

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)