Country's All Time Greatest Player (2 Viewers)

Alex66

Jul 14, 2006
Algeria Madjer and Belloumi
Argentina Maradona and the rest
Austria Krankl and Proshaka
Australia Kewell
Belgium Scifo and Ceulemans(spelling)
Bulgaria Stoichkov then maybe Balakov
Bolivia Etcheverry
Brazil Pele, Garrincha, Didi, Zico, Romario, Ronaldo and Ronaldinho
Chile Zamorano, Salas
Croatia Boban, Suker
Czech republic Panenka and Nedved
Colombia Valderama
Costa Rica Wanchope
Cameroun Milla and Etoo
Denmark M Laudrup, AlanSimonsen, Shmeichel and Elkjaer
England Moore, Charlton, Keegan
Finland Litmannen
France Zidane, Platini
Germany Beckenbauer, Muller, Rumenigge and Mattheus
Ghana Abedi Pele
Holland Cruyff and Van basten
Hungary Puskas
Italy Baresi, Scirea, Rossi, Baggio and Maldini
Ireland Brady and Roy Keane
Iceland Gudjohnsen
Liberia Weah
Mexico Sanchez
Northern Ireland Best and Jennings
Nigeria Okocha
Peru Cubillias
Poland Boniek, Lato and Deyna
Portugal Eusebio and Figo
Romania Hagi
Russia Yashin and Dassaev
Scotland Law and Dalglish
Spain Suarez, Raul and Butragueno
Sweden Brolin and Laarsson Henrik
Switzerland Chapuisat and maybe Sutter
Trinidad and Tobago Yorke
Ukraine Blokhin and Sheva
Uruguay Francescoli
Wales Charles and Rush
Yugoslavia Stoijkovic(sorry dont know which country he is now from)
And what about Slovakia?:D

Buy on AliExpress.com

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I would not know which of the past great players who played for former czechslokovakia are slovakian or czech as i am not sure where skhuravy or the great nehoda of the 80s and kubala, i have no idea if they are slovakian or czech. Same problem with USSR, i have no idea where Alexandre Chivadze and Ramaz Shengelia are from

Geof

May 14, 2004
Belgium: Preudhomme
Bulguaria: Stoichkov
I'd go for Enzo Schifo, lets see what 7 thinks??
I prefer Pfaff...
Belgium Scifo and Ceulemans(spelling)
Belgium's best player ever has to be Paul Van Himst.

Wikipedia:
Paul Van Himst (born in Sint-Pieters-Leeuw, October 2, 1943) was a talented Belgian football midfielder and a football manager. He is now retired, and still supports R.S.C. Anderlecht, his former team. He was nicknamed Polle Gazon (Polle is Paul in Brussels dialect and Gazon means lawn in French) due to the large number of fouls committed on him. He played in the match Belgium-Netherlands in 1964 with 10 fellows from the Anderlecht team after the substitution of goalkeeper Delhasse by Jean Trappeniers.

Van Himst won the Belgian championship 8 times, all of them with Anderlecht. He played his first professional season in 1959-60, with that club, for which he scored 233 goals in 457 matches (16 seasons). He then played for RWDM (another club from Brussels) in 1975-76 and for Eendracht Aalst (then in second division) the next season.

"Polle Gazon" scored 30 goals in 81 matches (between 1960 and 1974) for the Belgian national team, which make him Belgium topscorer with Bernard Voorhoof and the fifth most capped player. He made his debut on October 19, 1960 in Sweden and was part of the team who qualified for the 1970 World Cup. Van Himst then helped Belgium to reach the third place of the Euro 1972. He also holds the record of Golden Shoe awards (with 4).

As a manager, Van Himst worked notably for Anderlecht and the national team which he led to the 1994 FIFA World Cup.

In November 2003, to celebrate UEFA's Jubilee, he was selected as the Golden Player of Belgium by the Belgian Football Association as their most outstanding player of the past 50 years.

EDIT: And while I'm at it, here's the list made by UEFA for it's 50th birthday:

To celebrate the Union of European Football Associations (UEFA)'s 50th anniversary in 2004, each of its member associations was asked by UEFA to choose one of its own players as the single most outstanding player of the past 50 years (1954-2003). The 52 players were known as the Golden Players. The list of players was released in November 2003, and were recognized at UEFA's headquarters in Nyon.

1. ^ a b In the press release on 29 November 2003, Sergey Kvochkin and Pat Jennings were listed as the Golden Players of Kazakhstan and Northern Ireland respectively [1]. However, in the player profiles posted by UEFA.com in 2004, Evgeni Jarovenko [2] and George Best [3] were listed instead. It is not clear what are the reasons for the discrepancies.

K0STA

Jul 12, 2006
I would not know which of the past great players who played for former czechslokovakia are slovakian or czech as i am not sure where skhuravy or the great nehoda of the 80s and kubala, i have no idea if they are slovakian or czech. Same problem with USSR, i have no idea where Alexandre Chivadze and Ramaz Shengelia are from
:)))

Alexandre Chivadze and Ramaz shengelia, David Kipiani and many more are GEORGIANS ;) They all had offers from abroad, from greatest teams, but you know what period it was:)

Dinamo Tbilisi won against Carl-Zeiss in Cup-Winners cup! This is 5'000'00 country... It has won against teams like Inter 1-0 ;) Great Liverpool 3-0; West Ham in England 4-1 :) etc.

P.S. Great Articles in Wikipedia about Georgia for further reference; Also I had some threads in Hangout;

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
:)))

Alexandre Chivadze and Ramaz shengelia, David Kipiani and many more are GEORGIANS ;) They all had offers from abroad, from greatest teams, but you know what period it was:)

Dinamo Tbilisi won against Carl-Zeiss in Cup-Winners cup! This is 5'000'00 country... It has won against teams like Inter 1-0 ;) Great Liverpool 3-0; West Ham in England 4-1 :) etc.

P.S. Great Articles in Wikipedia about Georgia for further reference; Also I had some threads in Hangout;
David Kipiani, that was the bald headed guy right? Now that brings back some memories, played for 1 of the dinamo clubs might actually have been tbilisi. He was a gifted midfielder looked somewhat like letchkov of Bulgaria. I didnt know he and the other 2 were Georgians, but whatever they were all excellent players

K0STA

Jul 12, 2006
David Kipiani, that was the bald headed guy right? Now that brings back some memories, played for 1 of the dinamo clubs might actually have been tbilisi. He was a gifted midfielder looked somewhat like letchkov of Bulgaria. I didnt know he and the other 2 were Georgians, but whatever they were all excellent players
Where are you from denco?

Yeah bald with mustache, his style of play was somewhat like Zidanes ;) Truly great players;

There always were Many Georgians in USSR team; The Soviet regime wouldn't allow transfers; also there were political desicions about who should play in USSR team:) It was forced to have many players from Russia otherwise it could've been at least 50% Georgian Team;

Dinamo Tbilisi mostly dominated in Soviet Union; And Can you imagine How difficult that period was and how tough you had to be to win Cup Winners Cup (At that time this cup was most difficult to win);

I remember Fachetti (you know him) said that David Kipiani went through him so amazingly that he HAD NO RIGHT to foul and he scored :)

We played 0-0 in Italy and won 1-0 here in Tbilisi against our beloved Inter;

Many don't even know where Georgia is located on the map; And its a tiny country with only 5 million (less) people and managed to produce some many great talents in every field; Compare Russia for example such a huge country football was very popular, and we always had better players:)

Its really interesting country in many Dimensions - Nature (Black Sea, lakes, Mountains, Hot, warm, cold places, etc) People (One of the most Hospitile and Non-rasist people on earth), Culture, Tradition etc. its a 3'000 year old country- and the oldest Human skull in europe is found in Georgia:) Always every country wanted to conquer and occupy Georgia... but none managed!!! Because of everything above listed and its Geopolitical location;

I suggest to come over some time...

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Where are you from denco?

Yeah bald with mustache, his style of play was somewhat like Zidanes ;) Truly great players;

There always were Many Georgians in USSR team; The Soviet regime wouldn't allow transfers; also there were political desicions about who should play in USSR team:) It was forced to have many players from Russia otherwise it could've been at least 50% Georgian Team;

Dinamo Tbilisi mostly dominated in Soviet Union; And Can you imagine How difficult that period was and how tough you had to be to win Cup Winners Cup (At that time this cup was most difficult to win);

I remember Fachetti (you know him) said that David Kipiani went through him so amazingly that he HAD NO RIGHT to foul and he scored :)

We played 0-0 in Italy and won 1-0 here in Tbilisi against our beloved Inter;

Many don't even know where Georgia is located on the map; And its a tiny country with only 5 million (less) people and managed to produce some many great talents in every field; Compare Russia for example such a huge country football was very popular, and we always had better players:)

Its really interesting country in many Dimensions - Nature (Black Sea, lakes, Mountains, Hot, warm, cold places, etc) People (One of the most Hospitile and Non-rasist people on earth), Culture, Tradition etc. its a 3'000 year old country- and the oldest Human skull in europe is found in Georgia:) Always every country wanted to conquer and occupy Georgia... but none managed!!! Because of everything above listed and its Geopolitical location;

I suggest to come over some time...
Really they better return it to Geremi as its his skull
Kipiani, yes , he had a moustache, very distinctive , just like chivadze as well, almost like the thompson twins of tin tin fame
I think the game that stood out for me was against carl jeiss of east germany where kipiani played very well

K0STA

Jul 12, 2006
Yeah What a game 1-0 down, and managed to win it:) 2 great goals;

Also as I see you have london in loacation; The game against West Ham in Englad 4-1 win was one of the Greatest too.

And of course against Liverpool here in Tbilisi:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)