Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (68 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I'll move discussion from WAYDRN thread. Wasn't omicron supposed to be very mild? Holland has like 70% vaccinated and it's now closed for entire month. So is it mild? Or vaccines are shit? If it's very mild then how come vaccinated folk goes to hospitals? Shouldn't it be filled with unvaccinated? But if it's mild then how come this collapse happened?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I'll move discussion from WAYDRN thread. Wasn't omicron supposed to be very mild? Holland has like 70% vaccinated and it's now closed for entire month. So is it mild? Or vaccines are shit? If it's very mild then how come vaccinated folk goes to hospitals? Shouldn't it be filled with unvaccinated? But if it's mild then how come this collapse happened?
Simple math.

Let's use the following numbers.
delta : R number is 2, 1.5% of infected people require hospital treatment (as far as I know, these numbers are fairly accurate, give or take).
omicron: R number is 4 (as in twice as contagious as delta), 0.5% of infected people require hospital treatment, 66% less "serious" you could say (these numbers are still very unclear).

Let's start with 100 infections

delta
Week 1 : 100 infections * 1.5% = 1.5 hospitalisations
Week 2 : 200 infections * 1.5% = 3 hospitalisations
Week 3 : 400 infections * 1.5% = 6 hospitalisations
Week 4 : 800 infections * 1.5% = 12 hospitalisations
Week 5 : 1600 infections * 1.5% = 24 hospitalisations
Week 6 : 3200 infections * 1.5% = 48 hospitalisations
Week 7 : 6400 infections * 1.5% = 96 hospitalisations
Week 8 : 12800 infections * 1.5% = 192 hospitalisations

omicron
Week 1 : 100 infections * 0.5% = 0.5 hospitalisations
Week 2 : 400 infections * 0.5% = 2 hospitalisations
Week 3 : 1600 infections * 0.5% = 8 hospitalisations
Week 4 : 6400 infections * 0.5% = 128 hospitalisations
Week 5 : 25600 infections * 0.5% = 512 hospitalisations
Week 6 : 102400 infections * 0.5% = 2048 hospitalisations
Week 7 : 409600 infections * 0.5% = 8192 hospitalisations
Week 8 : 1638400 infections * 0.5% = 32768 hospitalisations

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Simple math.

Let's use the following numbers.
delta : R number is 2, 1.5% of infected people require hospital treatment (as far as I know, these numbers are fairly accurate, give or take).
omicron: R number is 4 (as in twice as contagious as delta), 0.5% of infected people require hospital treatment, 66% less "serious" you could say (these numbers are still very unclear).

Let's start with 100 infections

delta
Week 1 : 100 infections * 1.5% = 1.5 hospitalisations
Week 2 : 200 infections * 1.5% = 3 hospitalisations
Week 3 : 400 infections * 1.5% = 6 hospitalisations
Week 4 : 800 infections * 1.5% = 12 hospitalisations
Week 5 : 1600 infections * 1.5% = 24 hospitalisations
Week 6 : 3200 infections * 1.5% = 48 hospitalisations
Week 7 : 6400 infections * 1.5% = 96 hospitalisations
Week 8 : 12800 infections * 1.5% = 192 hospitalisations

omicron
Week 1 : 100 infections * 0.5% = 0.5 hospitalisations
Week 2 : 400 infections * 0.5% = 2 hospitalisations
Week 3 : 1600 infections * 0.5% = 8 hospitalisations
Week 4 : 6400 infections * 0.5% = 128 hospitalisations
Week 5 : 25600 infections * 0.5% = 512 hospitalisations
Week 6 : 102400 infections * 0.5% = 2048 hospitalisations
Week 7 : 409600 infections * 0.5% = 8192 hospitalisations
Week 8 : 1638400 infections * 0.5% = 32768 hospitalisations
With or without vaccines?

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Does it matter?
I mean, according to you, vaccines don't help anyway. So they shouldn't have an impact on those numbers. :boh:
According to those who took the vaccine, numbers do matter. So I was wondering if 80% vaccinated actually means anything, since it drastically lowers hospitalization and death rate. I see hospitals filled in Holland and other countries so I was wondering if that's the dirty unvaccinated people filling hospitals. Surely, those who took the amazing juice, plus considering the very mild variant, are totally safe in their home. So the tyranny over 80% of the population, or those vaccinated, must be quite frightening.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
How many of the people who require hospital treatment are young people though? 1,5% overall for delta and 0,5% for omicron?

And that's average numbers, how high is the number for the young (...and not even that young) people? Surely it's basically 0 right? And that's both, vaxxed and unvaxxed.

Those who have to go are VERY likely old people. And that's the group that should have 100% taken the vaccine a long time ago.

Can't lock away everyone because of that mild disease forever. I've defended lockdowns long enough initially, but years gone by and shit needs to end.

That Colorado governor was absolutely right. Hopefully omicron sweeps through the population quick.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
According to those who took the vaccine, numbers do matter. So I was wondering if 80% vaccinated actually means anything, since it drastically lowers hospitalization and death rate. I see hospitals filled in Holland and other countries so I was wondering if that's the dirty unvaccinated people filling hospitals. Surely, those who took the amazing juice, plus considering the very mild variant, are totally safe in their home. So the tyranny over 80% of the population, or those vaccinated, must be quite frightening.
Hate to repeat myself over and over. But I am genuinely interested in what you believe would be the right course of action. Because its easy to poke holes in how the pandemic was handled, not saying that's wrong. But to me what's interesting is what other courses of action would you take if not vaccination and lockdown.

I don't enjoy the lockdowns or waiting in long lines to get a needle in my arm. But i see no other alternatives

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
:agree:
Besides, that's how you convince people to adopt a product
-You don't want it? Sucks to be you lol

Not by hysterically screeching at everybody to adopt it
Speaking of it, how are they planning to get the unvaccinated vaxxed at this point?

If the original variant wasn't of concern to them, why would they take a shot now with omicron being even less severe?

Makes no sense on a personal level to change that stance now.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Hate to repeat myself over and over. But I am genuinely interested in what you believe would be the right course of action. Because its easy to poke holes in how the pandemic was handled, not saying that's wrong. But to me what's interesting is what other courses of action would you take if not vaccination and lockdown.

I don't enjoy the lockdowns or waiting in long lines to get a needle in my arm. But i see no other alternatives
This is what is really starting to bug me. People acting as if they've got all the answers. It's a pandemic. There is no easy solution.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Congrats on the Dutch by the way, it is a very tough language. Though consider yourself lucky you're in the Netherlands. In Belgium we all speak dialect and they can sound completely different just 15 km further down the road.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
This is what is really starting to bug me. People acting as if they've got all the answers. It's a pandemic. There is no easy solution.
For starters, refrain from selling all things uncertain as definitive facts, only to 180 on them three months later. Secondly, don't undermine fundamental civil rights. Thirdly, this pandemic rather than being an issue by itself, is like a low tide exposing all the potholes and drains which the ruling class have been digging into our society. Healthcare exposed (impoverish health workers lol), digitalization exposed (nobody prepared for home office and remote teaching lol), public transport (trains are bursting because cars are evil and gas is 1.6€ lol) So the damage you are seeing is not the damage the pandemic is doing. It's the damage which has already been done before and can't be swept under the rug anymore. The thieves and frauds of course hide behind the unvaxxed.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Congrats on the Dutch by the way, it is a very tough language. Though consider yourself lucky you're in the Netherlands. In Belgium we all speak dialect and they can sound completely different just 15 km further down the road.
Haha tbh, i got a new job a month ago and stopped lessons ever since. I finished A2 level. I can read, write simple things and understand a bit. But I'm terrible at speaking. One advantage i have over lots of foreigners is the G in Dutch easy for us Arabs to pronounce hahaha

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Last time we went into a lockdown we did so because we had no vaccines. If we go into lockdown again, what are we waiting for this time?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 55)