Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (166 Viewers)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
What? There was talk from the very beginning of flu-season type boosters… why you making things up lgor? Doesn’t mean they aren’t BS, but they certainly weren’t randomly spring upon everyone. There was always talk of this becoming endemic, with seasonal booster to keep IFR low. Mandating a booster is certainly BS though
Did you also know that 'fully vaccinated' would come to mean having a 3rd (for now) shot?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Americans: did you travel out of the country since the pandemic started? If yes, how did you do your PCR test? Most places can’t guarantee 72 hours.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
As a South African I can tell you, we have now ALL had Omicron (in spite of the fact that no one is really testing anymore), no one in my entire social and family group have become very sick (only cold symptoms). My brother is a dr in South Africa and he tells me the people they are admitting now for COVID would have been sent home in previous waves and in his medium sized hospital not one covid case is on a ventilator. All in all we are feeling positive and ready for Christmas.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
:lol: money money money

Think of all them boosters you gonna take til 2024. Beautiful.
Revenue Boosters, yo

Yes, and 1 year ago 3rd&4th vaccination shots *planned by a random company in NY* were a conspiracy theory :agree:
You mean like the flu shot that has been offered annually for decades?

Did you also know that 'fully vaccinated' would come to mean having a 3rd (for now) shot?
Completely expected it myself. If you're surprised, you're just naive in my book. Nobody vaccinated for last year's flu is considered vaccinated, ever.

Americans: did you travel out of the country since the pandemic started? If yes, how did you do your PCR test? Most places can’t guarantee 72 hours.
Well, I am a weird answer. Yes and no. I am an American. But for two years I didn't leave Portugal. That said, I've been back in the US for the past 6 weeks now.

In Portugal they're completely set up for tests. Even the sidewalk testing labs will give you an electronic turnaround result within 1-3 hours, sometimes even in minutes. Better still: if you're a Portuguese resident or citizen, it's free.

In the U.S., I'm not entirely sure. I've heard others with lots of headaches trying to find a place that could do 72, let alone 48-hour. turnarounds as some nations require. Worst case scenario you have to pay through the rectum at an airport or nearby one.

All EPL matches suspended due to vaccines being great.
All it takes is a summer with British tourists vomiting in your streets to know that vaccines are no match for the British will towards self-destruction.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Revenue Boosters, yo

You mean like the flu shot that has been offered annually for decades?

Completely expected it myself. If you're surprised, you're just naive in my book. Nobody vaccinated for last year's flu is considered vaccinated, ever.

Well, I am a weird answer. Yes and no. I am an American. But for two years I didn't leave Portugal. That said, I've been back in the US for the past 6 weeks now.

In Portugal they're completely set up for tests. Even the sidewalk testing labs will give you an electronic turnaround result within 1-3 hours, sometimes even in minutes. Better still: if you're a Portuguese resident or citizen, it's free.

In the U.S., I'm not entirely sure. I've heard others with lots of headaches trying to find a place that could do 72, let alone 48-hour. turnarounds as some nations require. Worst case scenario you have to pay through the rectum at an airport or nearby one.

All it takes is a summer with British tourists vomiting in your streets to know that vaccines are no match for the British will towards self-destruction.
I did travel back in April and had to pay a lab in queens $225 to get the results within 24 hours. But that was when traveling had reopened recently. I wonder if anything has changed now.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Again with the flu shot comparisons...

In the early stages I suggested it could be like this but mostly received dismissive replies. Even some Tuzzers said they will take the initial doses but will not be taking boosters. Yet here we are.

But yes, maybe I am naive, and so is everyone else who was coaxed into taking the initial doses with the belief that they would get back their freedoms. If knowledgeable people like yourself informed the plebs that they would have to take shots every 3 months for freedom, hesitancy would've been a lot higher in the beginning. But it's all for their own good anyway.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

In the early stages I suggested it could be like this but mostly received dismissive replies. But yes, maybe I am naive, and so is everyone else who was coaxed into taking the initial doses with the belief that they would get back their freedoms. If knowledgeable people like yourself informed the plebs that they would have to take shots every 3 months for freedom, hesitancy would've been a lot higher in the beginning. But it's all for their own good anyway.
Where is this being said? I got my second shot 5+ months ago and I’m considered fully vaxxed everywhere. Haven’t been contacted or told I need a booster yet or anything of the sort.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Where is this being said? I got my second shot 5+ months ago and I’m considered fully vaxxed everywhere. Haven’t been contacted or told I need a booster yet or anything of the sort.
And you think your example is the right one? Loads of people here took 3rd dose long ago and they are already talking about taking the 4th one after the winter ends. 4th one is surely not something official, but it usually ends like that once they start talking about it.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
3 months may be an exaggeration, I don't know what the timeframe is for vaccine efficacy to expire nowadays. But many countries are saying that they may have to change to meaning of vaccinated to include boosters. So you can bet that will happen.

When it happens just don't come and say that's how it was supposed to be all along.

In other news, our glorious PM just allowed us to go to the beaches between 5am and noon :weee:

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Here you do need the booster to be fully vaxxed.

At first it was two shots. Now three.

How long til you need 4 and so on?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Again with peeps who keep on saying that's it's just the flu.

In the early stages I suggested it could be like this but mostly received dismissive replies. Even some Tuzzers said they will take the initial doses but will not be taking boosters. Yet here we are.

But yes, maybe I am naive, and so is everyone else who was coaxed into taking the initial doses with the belief that they would get back their freedoms. If knowledgeable people like yourself informed the plebs that they would have to take shots every 3 months for freedom, hesitancy would've been a lot higher in the beginning. But it's all for their own good anyway.
I have taken flu shots annually for a decade or so, so this is routine for me. The various docs I've had over the years have recommended it for me, which isn't surprising given my "preexisting conditions".

Facts are it's all about what you want to tolerate to manage risks. People who expect zero risks, and guarantees about it, are unrealistic and living in fantasyland. And whether you have two or three shots, either way you're statistically likely to lead a more "normal" life than most. So congrats for allowing yourself to operate with fewer risks.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
And you think your example is the right one? Loads of people here took 3rd dose long ago and they are already talking about taking the 4th one after the winter ends. 4th one is surely not something official, but it usually ends like that once they start talking about it.
3 months may be an exaggeration, I don't know what the timeframe is for vaccine efficacy to expire nowadays. But many countries are saying that they may have to change to meaning of vaccinated to include boosters. So you can bet that will happen.

When it happens just don't come and say that's how it was supposed to be all along.

In other news, our glorious PM just allowed us to go to the beaches between 5am and noon :weee:
Here you do need the booster.
Wow, y’all are living enslaved by your governments. Scary.

My province said just the other day they are gonna stick to the 6-8 month timeframe after second dose to start “offering” general populace booster shot. I assume it may become required to be considered fully vaxxed sometime in the spring/summer next year. But that also gives time to see how omicron plays out. @kao_ray posts and what I’ve read about it in South Africa seem to show a much more mild variant. So I shall bide my time on this booster silliness.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Here you do need the booster to be fully vaxxed.

At first it was two shots. Now three.

How long til you need 4 and so on?
Yeah, it completely sucks that society faces a pandemic and they keep reformulating and distributing defenses for a mutating virus. What kind of sh*thole world is this?

Wow, y’all are living enslaved by your governments. Scary.

My province said just the other day they are gonna stick to the 6-8 month timeframe after second dose to start “offering” general populace booster shot. I assume it may become required to be considered fully vaxxed sometime in the spring/summer next year. But that also gives time to see how omicron plays out. @kao_ray posts and what I’ve read about it in South Africa seem to show a much more mild variant. So I shall bide my time on this booster silliness.
I was reading a noted but somewhat uncredentialed philosopher this week make analogies between Western government Covid rules and being bullied as a child. It was the dumbest argument he's made yet. Never once have I had a childhood bully who was trying to keep me out of the hospital ... they were always trying to put me in it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 150)