Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (163 Viewers)

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Yeah, it completely sucks that society faces a pandemic and they keep reformulating and distributing defenses for a mutating virus. What kind of sh*thole world is this?
Mutating into being more harmless now with Omicron, but they are still gonna hype up every new variant like it's the end of the world regardless of how severe it is.

At what point you'd advocate for all that to end and start to live with it like we do with the seasonal flu?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Mutating into being more harmless now with Omicron, but they are still gonna hype up every new variant like it's the end of the world regardless of how severe it is.

At what point you'd advocate for all that to end and start to live with it like we do with the seasonal flu?
But seasonal flu has boosters every year… not mandated of course, but recommended.

We should absolutely be entering that endemic phase right now with reports showing omicron being much less severe. Make a seasonal booster available to the vulnerable, live with virus.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Hyping it up like the end of the world??

I mean...

How is everyone not sitting in a sky high pile of soiled underpants with this level of panic?

This latest variant is making me question who are the drama queens here. It used to be the usual MSM trope. Now it's the reactionaries who see any news about a variant as an alarmist doomsday scenario.

Not that I'm in charge, but when we stop seasonally over-flooding hospitals would be a good marker.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Hyping it up like the end of the world??

I mean...

How is everyone not sitting in a sky high pile of soiled underpants with this level of panic?

Not that I'm in charge, but when we stop seasonally over-flooding hospitals would be a good marker.
That seems to have happened already in heavily vaccinated areas regardless of Dusan trying so hard to change the narrative to “vaccine doesn’t work”.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong they Swag.
I miss the days of “Barack Ebola.”

Faux news and the right talking about MSM fear mongering is just so delicious. All time classic this video.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Again with the flu shot comparisons...

In the early stages I suggested it could be like this but mostly received dismissive replies. Even some Tuzzers said they will take the initial doses but will not be taking boosters. Yet here we are.

But yes, maybe I am naive, and so is everyone else who was coaxed into taking the initial doses with the belief that they would get back their freedoms. If knowledgeable people like yourself informed the plebs that they would have to take shots every 3 months for freedom, hesitancy would've been a lot higher in the beginning. But it's all for their own good anyway.
Who were you trying to quote and respond to here? Because that wasn't my post :shifty:

- - - Updated - - -

It seems that UK hospitalization are between 7,000 - 8,000 since November. The next week or so will be very telling and should be monitored closely.

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
@kao_ray

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coron...om-those-of-other-covid-19-variants-1.5712918

Most common symptoms of omicron are cold symptoms. Runny nose, sneezing, head ache, sore throat. Fever symptoms and cough less common.

So there are 3 or 4 old coronaviruses that are responsible for a percentage of common colds during the winter each year. Seems all evidence is pointing to omicron being the same, yet here we are talking about new shutdowns and multiple boosters for it. Lol

Last edited:

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
@kao_ray

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coron...om-those-of-other-covid-19-variants-1.5712918

Most common symptoms of omicron are cold symptoms. Runny nose, sneezing, head ache, sore throat. Fever symptoms and cough less common.

So their are 3 or 4 old coronaviruses that are responsible for a percentage of common colds during the winter each year. Seems all evidence is pointing to omicron being the same, yet here we are talking about new shutdowns and multiple boosters for it. Lol
It's weird. At the start of the pandemic almost everybody was "Nah, don't stop travel from other countries, this virus looks like it's not a big deal, we can deal with another flu."
And now: "Everybody needs a booster for a runny nose, declare a state of emergency". :lol:

After two months it will be almost everywhere and I can't imagine there will be a reason for restrictions or even masks anymore. Then people have to accept that this pandemic is over.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
It's weird. At the start of the pandemic almost everybody was "Nah, don't stop travel from other countries, this virus looks like it's not a big deal, we can deal with another flu."
And now: "Everybody needs a booster for a runny nose, declare a state of emergency". :lol:

After two months it will be almost everywhere and I can't imagine there will be a reason for restrictions or even masks anymore. Then people have to accept that this pandemic is over.
Agreed. But given the current climate here (in germany, no idea how it is in other countries) I can't see this happening at all. They've been indoctrinated very well.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
We'll see in two months. I'm optimistic that even Germany will relax. :spliff:
Relax? Germans? :p

Even IF the virus turns into something that isn't more than a common cold anymore, you'd have the hardliners among the vaccinated be like "I've taken 3 shots, where my benefits at now?" They still gonna push the rest to get the jab instead of giving up on the restrictions alltogether as this isn't only about safety anymore.

But one can still hope I guess :xfingers:

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
:tup:
The reason I asked is that your post could be read as “risk of myocarditis from Moderna is higher than catching the virus itself “.
I see now. It should be “risk of myocarditis from two doses of Moderna is higher than myocarditis from catching the virus itself “.

Thank you for pointing that out. :wine:

Last edited:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
@kao_ray

So there are 3 or 4 old coronaviruses that are responsible for a percentage of common colds during the winter each year. Seems all evidence is pointing to omicron being the same, yet here we are talking about new shutdowns and multiple boosters for it. Lol
That would make sense if people weren’t getting hospitalized anymore with it about. Nobody really gets hospitalized for common colds.

So let’s see how empty the world’s hospitals become

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

I think the main problem is health care capacity. Unfortunately Covid is more severe than the seasonal flu, and at the rate countries in North Europe are going now, hospitals are barely able to cope.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I think the main problem is health care capacity. Unfortunately Covid is more severe than the seasonal flu, and at the rate countries in North Europe are going now, hospitals are barely able to cope.
In Belgium politicians, scientists and phycisians all say this is the issue. No one is claiming that Covid is dangerous for the majority of people. But if you have a very contagious virus, the absolute numbers of people needing IC are still going to be high.

Oh and if everyone got the flu at the same time, that would still be a huge strain on the healthcare system.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
In Belgium politicians, scientists and phycisians all say this is the issue. No one is claiming that Covid is dangerous for the majority of people. But if you have a very contagious virus, the absolute numbers of people needing IC are still going to be high.

Oh and if everyone got the flu at the same time, that would still be a huge strain on the healthcare system.
This is exactly it. The issue with the Covid virus is it's transmissibility. So even though when you look at the percentage of infected that end up being hospitalized might be a small one, the absolute number can overwhelm healthcare systems if you don't keep it under control.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 147)