Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (36 Viewers)

Jun 8, 2021
New Zealand has had only 3400 cases and 26 deaths in the entire pandemic… 5 deaths/million when much of the western world is up around 2000 deaths/million. Maybe the rest of the world could learn something… :boh:

- - - Updated - - -

Given what he posts here in this thread:lol2:
U realise that only you are laughing on your jokes, do you?

Buy on AliExpress.com

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
@Quetzalcoatl

Previous Covid Prevents Delta Infection Better Than Pfizer Shot

People who recovered from a bout of Covid-19 during one of the earlier waves of the pandemic appear to have a lower risk of contracting the delta variant than those who got two doses of the vaccine from Pfizer Inc. and BioNTech SE.

The largest real-world analysis comparing natural immunity -- gained from an earlier infection -- to the protection provided by one of the most potent vaccines currently in use showed that reinfections were much less common. The paper from researchers in Israel contrasts with earlier studies, which showed that immunizations offered better protection than an earlier infection, though those studies were not of the delta variant.

The results are good news for patients who already successfully battled Covid-19, but show the challenge of relying exclusively on immunizations to move past the pandemic. People given both doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine were almost six-fold more likely to contract a delta infection and seven-fold more likely to have symptomatic disease than those who recovered.

“This analysis demonstrated that natural immunity affords longer lasting and stronger protection against infection, symptomatic disease and hospitalization due to the delta variant,” the researchers said.

The analysis also showed that protection from an earlier infection wanes with time. The risk of a vaccine-breakthrough delta case was 13-fold higher than the risk of developing a second infection when the original illness occurred during January or February 2021. That’s significantly more than the risk for people who were ill earlier in the outbreak.

Giving a single shot of the vaccine to those who had been previously infected also appeared to boost their protection. The long-term benefit of a booster dose of the inoculation, which has just recently begun in Israel, is unknown.

The data was posted as a preprint article on medRxiv, and hasn’t yet been reviewed by other researchers.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...vents-delta-infection-better-than-pfizer-shot

Though the way things are looking at this point, I would think that further significant mutations beyond this would affect both groups significantly.

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
Kosovo. We have a populist pm, a month ago he gave himself credit for dropping cases of dead people to 0. Now he blames the people :lol:
Oh, It's always like that. They only take credit when thing are looking up.

Also just came back 4 days ago from a 3 day trip to N. Macedonia. All it took for me to get back with Covid

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #12,085
    I’m back to wearing a mask everywhere I go now. The grocery store was a madhouse with stupid kids everywhere touching shit. Can’t even buy my organic red kale without some anti-Vaxxer family hovering around.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I'm still stuck at Caleb. Every Caleb in the news is usually a mass murderer.

I just laugh at people.
    That will never let you down. :D

Kosovo. We have a populist pm, a month ago he gave himself credit for dropping cases of dead people to 0. Now he blames the people :lol:
    Yeah, all government officials will take credit for crap that had nothing to do with them and then blame something else when it goes south. In the end, most have little control or impact.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
    Aug 22, 2007
    New Zealand has had only 3400 cases and 26 deaths in the entire pandemic… 5 deaths/million when much of the western world is up around 2000 deaths/million. Maybe the rest of the world could learn something… :boh:
    That's really nice for them. Wish we could all try to stop death as much as possible. I mean there are so many things we can all do to get as close as possible to Zero Death.

Jun 8, 2021
    That's really nice for them. Wish we could all try to stop death as much as possible. I mean there are so many things we can all do to get as close as possible to Zero Death.
    Such are?
    - send all unjabbed to conc.camps?
    - fobid them to edjucate?
    - forbid them to go to work?
    - jab them in their homes with the help of special forces?
    - forbid them to go to shop?
    - mark them with arm band?...

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Just heard that 3 out of 4 Americans are either overweight or obese. Well there you have it.
    Just heard? Did you put your ear to the ground as they were coming?

Such are?
    - send all unjabbed to conc.camps?
    - fobid them to edjucate?
    - forbid them to go to work?
    - jab them in their homes with the help of special forces?
    - forbid them to go to shop?
    - mark them with arm band?...
    If you're living in a cabin in a burning forest fire and you refuse to evacuate, that's your choice. You can bitch all you want that Dominos will no longer deliver to you, but that's the deal you chose. Cardboard pizza delivery to your door within 30 minutes ain't a right in a forest fire.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    Lol. What a clown. Got exactly what he deserved. The world is a better place without him.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...lace-anti-mask-protests-freedom-dies-covid-19
    I think a lot of this is social media and the grab for attention, he found his niche and it ended up literally killing him. 30 years old. But it's hard to feel sad because he influenced a lot of similarly likeminded and uneducated people, and most likely helped kill them or their friends or relatives.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I have to hand it to the t-shirt company. If someone is willing to pay for that bumper sticker nonsense, I'd fleece them for all they've got.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)