Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (151 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
My uncle died a couple days ago from a heart attack, thought to have possible been brought on by Covid. He got a negative test result prior but his son got a positive. No known heart or health problems before. Also, he got his first dose of Astra two weeks ago.

I guess we'll have to wait to see if it was Covid, if we ever find out.
My condolences bro!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Some manager from my moms company just called to ask how she's doing with covid, and to say how he has it as well. Shortly, the guy is like 40-45, he looks like a rock and he's generally healthy. Pneumonia got 90% of his lungs, only top part was saved. He didn't have temperature at all. A couple of days ago he went to the doctor and they said pneumonia is fading away, luckily, BUT... as a covid consequence he has holes on his lungs. Doctor said some might shrink a bit but not all, and they are there to stay :shifty:

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Possibly then. Though the way things are looking, it's going to be more than "as many as 12,250" in a year. The possible impact on the circulatory system is something to watch as well, and then there are those with neurological symptoms as well though I'm sure at least some of those could easily be down to other factors.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Possibly then. Though the way things are looking, it's going to be more than "as many as 12,250" in a year. The possible impact on the circulatory system is something to watch as well, and then there are those with neurological symptoms as well though I'm sure at least some of those could easily be down to other factors.
Yep way too soon to know extent of any of this.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
How are European countries currently doing? Are there still lockdowns for you guys or are things starting to open up now?
The UK has been doing great. Almost every single form of indoor entertainment has reopened. I even went to a trampoline park yesterday.

Things still seem on track to ease all restrictions on June 21... If the Indian variant doesn't fuck things up.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
My uncle died a couple days ago from a heart attack, thought to have possible been brought on by Covid. He got a negative test result prior but his son got a positive. No known heart or health problems before. Also, he got his first dose of Astra two weeks ago.

I guess we'll have to wait to see if it was Covid, if we ever find out.
Sorry to hear the news of your loss, man. :dule:

That's the thing with Covid, people talk about deaths but there are several times as many people with life-altering consequences of having a bad case of it.
Yep. A lot of younger people have survived alright, but they've been unable to work for months. I know a few with long Covid symptoms.

How are European countries currently doing? Are there still lockdowns for you guys or are things starting to open up now?
It's a mixed bag. Portugal is coming out pretty well. But that's going to change now that there's a D-Day invasion of British tourists because we're on their "green list". (Never mind that nobody asked if we'd let them into the country in the first place.) So last night I heard the once-familiar sound of blotto British morons vomiting in the street and whooping to let everyone know they have no shame at 4am. Ah, good times.

Spain is coming out of things, as is France and more of Germany. It feels a little like a seasonal swing too... priming us for damage later in the year. Vaccines are getting out there, but the variants are here and coming more so now that travel restrictions are being relaxed.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I still don't get how people believe that a Chinese bioweapons lab would come up with a virus that most people would say is "just the flu" and primarily killed the elderly and people with co-morbidities. You may as well accuse a Chinese bio-weapons lab of creating "Sex in the City".
Why not? No one's saying it was intentionally released btw

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Why not? No one's saying it was intentionally released btw
If you're in a secret bioweapons lab dealing with ebola, what is even the point of playing around with a flu?

Researcher: "General... we're working on this new bioweapon. It will give the enemy in the field a bad cough."

General: "My god! Whatever you do, make sure that doesn't escape. No one can find out about this.
By the way, where did you store the ebola we got from Canada?"

Researcher: "In the shared employee fridge, next to Chen's ramen from last night."

General: "Good, good.."

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
If you're in a secret bioweapons lab dealing with ebola, what is even the point of playing around with a flu?

Researcher: "General... we're working on this new bioweapon. It will give the enemy in the field a bad cough."

General: "My god! Whatever you do, make sure that doesn't escape. No one can find out about this.
By the way, where did you store the ebola we got from Canada?"

Researcher: "In the shared employee fridge, next to Chen's ramen from last night."

General: "Good, good.."
Hm, okay...

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I still don't get how people believe that a Chinese bioweapons lab would come up with a virus that most people would say is "just the flu" and primarily killed the elderly and people with co-morbidities. You may as well accuse a Chinese bio-weapons lab of creating "Sex in the City".
You could argue that an influenza virus is highly contagious, which would make it a decent weapon. Try to make it more lethal than it normally is, but don't go overboard. Ebola for example might be too deadly too quickly so it wouldn't have a chance to spread. All in all you could say that this coronavirus was an attempt that was released unvoluntarily.

I don't believe any of it though.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 132)