Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (56 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Had my second AZ vaccination last night. It's weird how I could just walk straight out and Pfizer people had to wait 15 mins.

So far this time just feeling a bit cold and tired. First one kicked my ass a bit but was gone in a few hours.

My doctor made me laugh (he's Indian, surprisingly) when he said "God be with you" after he did it. I had lots of questions. Which god did he mean? Was he being kind? Was it an ominous warning for having AZ?

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
One can't be in ze middle of things anymore. You either a right-wing racist or a leftist with pronouns in your bio. Both sides will make sure to push you into a corner, even if you don't belong in it.

Most annoying thing ever.

Edit: AliG triggered.
I've decided my pronouns need to be "gho/ghost" or "vamp"/"vampself".

Finally getting my first dose of Moderna next weekend, after that it’ll take 5 weeks for my second dose. Somewhere in the end of June I should be all good.

If everything goes well, I’ll have a vaccine passport in July and be ready for travelling without quarantaine to the US where most restrictions will be gone as well.
I got Pfeizered Wednesday. Shot #1, so just a sore arm the next day.

And gigantic ballz.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Had my second AZ vaccination last night. It's weird how I could just walk straight out and Pfizer people had to wait 15 mins.

So far this time just feeling a bit cold and tired. First one kicked my ass a bit but was gone in a few hours.

My doctor made me laugh (he's Indian, surprisingly) when he said "God be with you" after he did it. I had lots of questions. Which god did he mean? Was he being kind? Was it an ominous warning for having AZ?
Good for you :tup:

My Dad got bis first AstraZeneca as well. Doc told him with AstraZeneca the first shot is the bad one in terms of side-effects, with the 2nd one being more harmless. Vice versa with the biontech one he said.

No idea if that's true or not.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Good for you :tup:

My Dad got bis first AstraZeneca as well. Doc told him with AstraZeneca the first shot is the bad one in terms of side-effects, with the 2nd one being more harmless. Vice versa with the biontech one he said.

No idea if that's true or not.
I've also had Covid, and studies here show that there is a huge improvement in negating effects of the virus even after just the first vaccination if you've already had the virus. But I might as well have it if it's on offer.

Not sure how it works in every country but I just called up randomly to check when I was likely to get the second one and they said I just made the date cut-off and could come in on the same day. Basically it is worth calling as they sporadically have batches of the vaccines in.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
I've also had Covid, and studies here show that there is a huge improvement in negating effects of the virus even after just the first vaccination if you've already had the virus. But I might as well have it if it's on offer.

Not sure how it works in every country but I just called up randomly to check when I was likely to get the second one and they said I just made the date cut-off and could come in on the same day. Basically it is worth calling as they sporadically have batches of the vaccines in.
We use an app that gives access once you are eligible going by age ranges for the first shot and you get a notification when you can go for the 2nd shot.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
My uncle died a couple days ago from a heart attack, thought to have possible been brought on by Covid. He got a negative test result prior but his son got a positive. No known heart or health problems before. Also, he got his first dose of Astra two weeks ago.

I guess we'll have to wait to see if it was Covid, if we ever find out.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
My uncle died a couple days ago from a heart attack, thought to have possible been brought on by Covid. He got a negative test result prior but his son got a positive. No known heart or health problems before. Also, he got his first dose of Astra two weeks ago.

My condolences my friend

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013

My condolences bro, my prayers are with you and your family.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I got my second moderna shot a couple weeks ago and was perfectly fine. One of the lucky ones I suppose.
And you were all worried :p

I'm very sorry for your loss.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

Sorry to hear that, mate. How old was he?

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002

My condolences to you and your family.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007

Sorry to hear that. My condolences.

Friends (or better ex-colleague) mom had a heart attack after Covid. She never had heart issues (and is generally a healthy person), though, and they all wonder if it was caused by Covid. They won't be able to figure that out. She survived.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)