Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (106 Viewers)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Might as well just kill myself

- - - Updated - - -

13 months into the pandemic still going to restaurants and having dinner parties and the like and the only time I end up feeling sick at all is getting a fucking vaccine.
Nah man, you'll be fine. One night of discomfort that becomes manageable with some Tylenol.

- - - Updated - - -

I find it simply amazing that it's legal to administer a vaccine that gives you a near death experience and then to penalize your refusal to get it.
It was nowhere close to a near death experience :lol:

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
My dad is going to test tomorrow. His lungs hurt quite a lot...
Best of luck to him, mate.

BJ did his announcement, in case you are interested: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56641596

Officials were examining the potential role of Covid status certificates, he told a Downing Street briefing.

Pilot events will take place from mid-April to trial the system, with later events checking vaccinations.

Speaking alongside the government's chief scientific adviser, Sir Patrick Vallance and England's chief medical officer, Prof Chris Whitty, the prime minister also said the government was "hopeful" international travel could resume in the next stage of lockdown easing on 17 May, but cautioned against the effects of the surge of coronavirus in other parts of the world.

He said the government would set out "well before 17 May what is reasonable" and aim to give the aviation industry "as much notice as possible".

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
You're not allowed to enter bars, cinemas, attend matches, because you might spread corona if you don't have a vaccine. Fair enough. But the thing is, even if you're vaccinated, you still spread corona.

Of course that's not normal and that's not optional. Basically you're telling everyone who doesn't get a vaccine that he can only stay home and walk down the street. You think that's normal considering the above?

It's literally blackmailing people. Next step is when companies say you can't work if you didn't have one. It's actually very stupid and insane.
Exactly.

They made decision while science hasn't said anything official. The last official thing that I heard is that a vaccinated person should still wear a mask, distance himself and still be able to transmit the virus. So even if you took a vaccine and you sit next to the person who's in a risk category, you mist still infect him because, as you know, masks provide no guarantee. So right now there's literally no difference between a person who took it and those who didn't because both can kill the person next to you, no?

Some people say vaccinated people don't transmit the virus. But I think it's just a fresh rumour. Like they tested that. Live tests are going-on right now as whole planet is a test field.

As for that passport, I read it today in our newspapers here. Dunno, you might be right, but it said it's going to happen and includes bars, restaurants, cinemas, football matches etc.
Your reasoning here is very odd, to say the least.

The entire idea behind vaccines right now is pretty simple: Chances of ending up in the hospital if you have been vaccinated are very slim.
So if enough people have been vaccinated, the number of seriously sick people will decrease & pressure on your hospitals will be relieved: problem solved :xfinger:
If the group of people who are not vaccinated remains too large, the situation will stay as it is right now with all sorts of annoying rules.

So yes, if you have been vaccinated, you can still spread it (though to much lesser degree it seems).
But think of yourself as a super spreader & put yourself in a room of 100 people. If all of them are vaccinated, there shouldn't be any real problems. If none of them are vaccinated, a small percentage will end up in hospital & a very small percentage will die.

My dad is going to test tomorrow. His lungs hurt quite a lot...
Best of luck.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
First my dad got ill. Then 4-5 days later me. And yesterday night it was my brother.

Both my father and my brother went this morning to test. Dad got negative, brother positive. I believe it was false negative. They took another test from my dad just in case to check because it's strange, and that result will be known tomorrow. But yeah, I think we all got it. I lost 95% of scent this morning.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
The evidence suggests that it is causally related because of low platelet levels, but it's strange because from a sample of 18 million people there are 30 cases and 7 deaths, and depending on the stats you use those are normal deaths for CVT without the vaccine.
If I was at risk of blood clots, I'd go off label and take the damn vaccine. Your odds of dying of blood clots are actually better with the vaccine than without.

We have just as many cases though and not vaccinated nearly as much as the UK.

It's the vaccination commission that once again pulled the plug here after medical institutions looked into it. Media merely picking it up, and why wouldn't they.

We keep giving it to people over 60.
Basically saying if you young it's not worth the risk - If you old/in a risk group you may as well wing it as it's better than getting the Rona. I agree with that notion.
Now the impacts of COVID are more than just deaths. But if you give 100 vaccines to people over 80 years old, you save about 13 lives. For people aged 20-29, you have to give out about 100,000 vaccines to save one life. That's a little of what's going on.

Well the vaccine has to a maximum of 95% efficiency so there is always a chance that if you don't develop antibodies, then you can always spread the virus of you become ill.
That 95% number is measured against the likelihood of developing mild symptoms. That's it. It's not severe symptoms, it's not deaths, it's not hospitalizations. It's not transmission. It's not even infection.

Part of the reason for that is the sheer numbers of the study are faster for reaching statistical significance and the ability to test them are pretty reliable. The rest of the data takes longer or is a much harder thing to test in isolation.

It's critical to be clear about what the numbers represent when you quote 'em, because people are infusing them with lots of false assumptions.

"Because I am only 5% likely to show mild symptoms, that means I'm only 5% likely to get infected." Uh, no.

I can't twitter. I wish I could. i literally can't now. Been banned too often. :D

Here's my experience with the second vaccination, though it has been told countless times by countless amounts of people :p.

Around 10 hours after the time of vaccination, I began experiencing chills. Within the next hour, they became pretty extreme. I felt like I had a fever, some nausea, and pretty bad neck and head pain. My arm was John McCain level, I couldn't even lift it. Couldn't sleep at all, so I got up, took some tylenol and tried to eat some ice, which made me feel well enough to sleep for exactly as long as the tylenol was supposed to last. The next morning I was completely exhausted and still felt terrible, but still couldn't sleep. It was a weird feeling, basically if I wanted to get up I had to plan it 5 minutes in advance to mentally and physically prepare myself. Took more tylenol and within the hour felt mostly like I just had a really bad cold. Woke up this morning and I now feel completely fine, roughly 24 hours after symptom onset.

I know 4 others that got the second dose the same day as me. 3 just had some chills and feelings of malaise for a night and were fine, 1 was like me. All were moderna, as was mine.
Damn. That's one helluva experience. Hope you are better now.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
First my dad got ill. Then 4-5 days later me. And yesterday night it was my brother.

Both my father and my brother went this morning to test. Dad got negative, brother positive. I believe it was false negative. They took another test from my dad just in case to check because it's strange, and that result will be known tomorrow. But yeah, I think we all got it. I lost 95% of scent this morning.
You going to take the test to confirm?

I hope you all get better soon

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Dunno. Might be a regular flu. This is how I feel pretty much every time I'm sick. Oh and I have taste of smell.

I posted how I know about a guy who's 10-11 years older than me, he got Pfizer and he died. A couple of days ago I heard about a guy who died and he got astrazeneca. He's even younger than the first guy. They don't classify it as death by vaccine, might not be related, just sayin'. Doctor said to the family members it's most likely because of the vaccine, though.
Apparently Badass doesn't want you to get better so he disliked my post wishing you to get better :D

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Btw, Yaneer Bar-Yam is one of the heroes of complexity research. Makes an interesting case with data suggesting that having a zero-tolerance Covid strategy - as NZ, Australia, etc. have -- is far better for both health and the economy than the half measures most countries have had with butter-hands commitment levels.

https://www.institutmolinari.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/17/2021/03/etude-zero-covid2021_en.pdf
No doubt. Then you end up with multiple lockdowns/stay-at-home orders with breaks of a few weeks of "freedom" in between :sergio:

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-...me-order-beginning-thursday-sources-1.5377410
@Post Ironic

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Well, this sucks.

EU drug regulator finds link between AstraZeneca vaccine and blood clots

Europe’s drug regulator on Wednesday found a possible link between AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 vaccine and rare blood clotting issues in adults who had received the shot and said it had taken into consideration all available evidence.

“One plausible explanation for the combination of blood clots and low blood platelets is an immune response, leading to a condition similar to one seen sometimes in patients treated with heparin,” the European Medicines Agency (EMA) said.

The findings come as a major hurdle in the global fight against the pandemic and a shift in the stance of the regulator, which had last week backed the vaccine and said there was no increased risk of blood clots in general from the shot.

It is also a blow to AstraZeneca, which was a frontrunner in the race for making an effective vaccine against COVID-19 ever since it began working with the University of Oxford.

The EMA’s safety committee, which was assessing the vaccine, has requested for more studies and changes to the current ones to get more information.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...azeneca-vaccine-and-blood-clots-idUSKBN2BU242

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 100)