Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (56 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
So the mass shootings are the objects fault not of the person whose disturbed or insane causing that issue and using that object for the massacre. You know the gun woke up that morning and decided to go kill people not the asshole behind the gun. Typical nonsense logic. Let’s not cure the issue that is either societal moral decline, mental illness etc no let’s blame the gun. What utter trash
Is the ability to apply fault and blame more important than the lives of innocents?

Look, I know some people have a personal compass that detests outcomes-based rationality, because they have to resist the temptation to moralize or assign blame. Moralizing and assigning blame is part of the fun, alright? This is why we tell people on food stamps what they can or cannot eat and we tell women what they should wear in public around men.

But is that thrill of moralizing and assigning blame really worth more than the lives of innocents?

In my bizarro world, assigning blame and fault doesn't outweigh the the value of keeping innocent people alive. Think of it like no fault insurance in the auto business. The fact is that if you're assaulting each other with knives versus plentiful firearms, escalation means your chances of death -- and mass death at scale -- are much higher. There's clearly a choice in believing that dead innocents are the collateral damage price worth paying so that someone can own all the firearms they can eat and believe that makes them feel safe.

Buy on AliExpress.com

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Is the ability to apply fault and blame more important than the lives of innocents?

Look, I know some people have a personal compass that detests outcomes-based rationality, because they have to resist the temptation to moralize or assign blame. Moralizing and assigning blame is part of the fun, alright? This is why we tell people on food stamps what they can or cannot eat and we tell women what they should wear in public around men.

But is that thrill of moralizing and assigning blame really worth more than the lives of innocents?

In my bizarro world, assigning blame and fault doesn't outweigh the the value of keeping innocent people alive. Think of it like no fault insurance in the auto business. The fact is that if you're assaulting each other with knives versus plentiful firearms, escalation means your chances of death -- and mass death at scale -- are much higher. There's clearly a choice in believing that dead innocents are the collateral damage price worth paying so that someone can own all the firearms they can eat and believe that makes them feel safe.
The problem is the USA doesn’t take mental illness and personal responsibility seriously. So yes it is important. We constantly shift the blame on everything else. The mass shooter it’s not his fault if only the gun wasn’t available. The drunk driver it’s not his fault if only he wasn’t over served. The child molester it wasn’t his fault he was molested when he was young. The gang member it’s not his fault it is where he lives etc etc. It’s all a bunch of sad a moralistic bullshit. If we start fixing the issues that are the real problems , mental illness, poverty, education and actually let people be accountable for their actions things will change. We keep putting band aids on the issues and think it fixes the issue.
Why doesn’t a normal gun owner go out and kill people?
A normal person doesn’t molest
A normal person doesn’t drink and drive
A normal person betters themselves and leaves the ghetto instead of joining a gang etc
Why ? Personal responsibility, and or no mental illness and morality

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I had some oldies but goodies to catch up on...

Vaccines are vaccines. They are tested against symptoms. It's a lot faster and easier to reach statistical significance in their efficacy on that. It takes forever to do things like figure out how much it might prevent deaths. And transmission is a whole other testing apparatus entirely.

But meanwhile, you seem to think that masks and distancing should be 100% effective. Even your condom isn't that effective.

Mos def. Which is why we love the tradeoff of killing off a dozen innocents and family members with guns just as long as there's the chance we might catch one bad guy with one. Self-styled Rambo hero up this beyoootch.

The only fear related to politicians is the fear for their jobs. You don't know much about politicians, no?

:lol: Love the Disney one. Definitely belongs.

So you're suggesting that national borders are the only independent variables in that statistical test?

You really need to work on your stats background, bruh.

The vaccines might reduce infection. That's all we know right now.

I'm not sure you can say the lockdowns aren't working when universally there's a clear cause-and-effect of lower infection rates in pretty much every country when they take place. I'm not sure what other evidence you expect to see if they have an impact.

Gee, we have police and women are still getting raped, places are being robbed, and people are getting shot in the streets. Maybe the police aren't working. Defund, right?

If making a living were convenient, it largely depends on your dad.

Yep it's not racism keeping blacks down, it's that guy that went out for smokes and never came back.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
The problem is the USA doesn’t take mental illness and personal responsibility seriously. So yes it is important. We constantly shift the blame on everything else. The mass shooter it’s not his fault if only the gun wasn’t available. The drunk driver it’s not his fault if only he wasn’t over served. The child molester it wasn’t his fault he was molested when he was young. The gang member it’s not his fault it is where he lives etc etc. It’s all a bunch of sad a moralistic bullshit. If we start fixing the issues that are the real problems , mental illness, poverty, education and actually let people be accountable for their actions things will change. We keep putting band aids on the issues and think it fixes the issue.
Why doesn’t a normal gun owner go out and kill people?
A normal person doesn’t molest
A normal person doesn’t drink and drive
A normal person betters themselves and leaves the ghetto instead of joining a gang etc
Why ? Personal responsibility, and or no mental illness and morality
My point is what's the value of fault when it's your sister going to the office who is now dead?

If enforcing morality were sufficient to prevent bad outcomes, there would be no teen pregnancies. Birth control and the prevention of STDs would be superfluous.

Wouldn't it be better to optimize to keep your sister alive, or is it more important to assign blame? Should policy be driven by whatever mechanisms it takes to keep your sister from being killed in the crossfire, or should it instead be driven by the empty comfort of assigning fault and blame for why she's now dead? What's ultimately more important? Keeping innocents alive, or being able to wave the moralizing stick and point fingers?

But we also have to be honest though. For a lot of people, it's more important to be right than to "win" by some other definition. Democrats do this all the time in politics with their circular firing squads. For a lot of people, the risk of being a dead innocent on the street is a worthy price to pay for the ability to weaponize against a governmental incursion on their rights and the Hollywood belief that they are their own action hero against the bad guy criminals in life.

Yep it's not racism keeping blacks down, it's that guy that went out for smokes and never came back.
Not that white people don't go out for smokes and never come back...

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
My point is what's the value of fault when it's your sister going to the office who is now dead?

If enforcing morality were sufficient to prevent bad outcomes, there would be no teen pregnancies.

Wouldn't it be better to optimize to keep your sister alive, or is it more important to assign blame? Should policy be driven by whatever mechanisms it takes to keep your sister from being killed in the crossfire, or should it instead be driven by the empty comfort of assigning fault and blame for why she's now dead? What's ultimately more important? Keeping innocents alive, or being able to wave the moralizing stick and point fingers?

But we also have to be honest though. For a lot of people, it's more important to be right than to "win" by some other definition. Democrats do this all the time in politics with their circular firing squads. For a lot of people, the risk of being a dead innocent on the street is a worthy price to pay for the ability to weaponize against a governmental incursion on their rights.

The problem is regulation on the wrong problem hurts doesn’t help. If the problem isn’t solved, the person who wants to do harm will find something else to use don’t you get it ? So you cut out the “ assault weapons” and they will use a shot gun or rifle or hand gun or home made bomb. Confront the real problems not the results of those problems.

Also whites going out and not coming back is a mere fraction of blacks in the US doing kind.

https://afro.com/census-bureau-higher-percentage-black-children-live-single-mothers/

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

If enforcing morality were sufficient to prevent bad outcomes, there would be no teen pregnancies. Birth control and the prevention of STDs would be superfluous.

But we also have to be honest though. For a lot of people, it's more important to be right than to "win" by some other definition. Democrats do this all the time in politics with their circular firing squads. For a lot of people, the risk of being a dead innocent on the street is a worthy price to pay for the ability to weaponize against a governmental incursion on their rights and the Hollywood belief that they are their own action hero against the bad guy criminals in life.

Doubt it's anywhere close to 70%

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Just saying your statements aren’t valid. Add to that the hypocrisy of calling out white people for the mass shootings while black on black murder happens in mass in cities like Chicago, Detroit, flint to name a few and all over Africa but hey that doesn’t fit the narrative
Calm your tits, fake Cristiano. I wasn't just referring to this incident.

I don't buy into the whole woke shit but hey, white folks do love their mass shootings.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/476456/mass-shootings-in-the-us-by-shooter-s-race/

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
Calm your tits, fake Cristiano. I wasn't just referring to this incident.

I don't buy into the whole woke shit but hey, white folks do love their mass shootings.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/476456/mass-shootings-in-the-us-by-shooter-s-race/
Ok now compare that to black on black murders by guns and see the difference.
Add to that mass shootings are few and far between. Black on black murder is daily all day long

Ps I’m older than Cristiano so I had the middle name before

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
Yes, that's undebatable.

Why would you want so many terrifying black people owning guns then?
My man the people doing those murders aren’t buying guns the legal way. They’re not going through the background checks etc so gun control doesn’t stop them. This is the issue and complete misunderstanding by leftists. Gun control only harms law abiding citizens. Criminals, crazy people and gang members don’t follow laws

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
My man the people doing those murders aren’t buying guns the legal way. They’re not going through the background checks etc so gun control doesn’t stop them. This is the issue and complete misunderstanding by leftists. Gun control only harms law abiding citizens. Criminals, crazy people and gang members don’t follow laws
That’s why western countries with stricter gun control have equal gun crime rates to Murica. :lol2:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 49)