Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (36 Viewers)

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
https://www.denverpost.com/2021/03/18/biden-us-100-million-covid-vaccines-goal/

who would had ever thought that the US would be the first country managing this crisis. I think it's the only country thad made reasonable good choices well. There were no national lockdowns, kids could go to school, shops maintained open and the biggest debate was mask wearing,

Quite contrary we have a had a set of restrictions that are much harder: lockdown, 21 pm curfew, only 1 social contact, no alcohol after 20.00, schools were closed until last week, high schools will remain closed and non-essential stores are closed;

The numbers out of the US are better than ours and the worst thing is, unless cases magically disappear we will have these sets of restricrions

Last edited:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

who would had ever thought that the US would be the first country managing this crisis. I think it's the only country thad made reasonable good choices well. There were no national lockdowns, kids could go to school, shops maintained open and the biggest debate was mask wearing,

Quite contrary we have a had a set of restrictions that are much harder: lockdown, 21 pm curfew, only 1 social contact, no alcohol after 20.00, schools were closed until last week, high schools will remain closed and non-essential stores are closed;

The numbers out of the US are better than ours and the worst thing is, unless cases magically disappear we will have these sets of restricrions
Who would have thought that the richest country in the world with the largest political sway and great infrastructure would purchase and distribute large amounts of vaccines very quickly? Quite a lot of people, I'd imagine. This doesn't really gloss over the Trump-led shitshow that the US response was for a long time, which blossomed at the fragmented state and local government level.

Still, I suppose anything looks good compared to what has happened in many EU countries.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

What? While the shutdown wasn’t national, shops shutdown in a majority of states multiple times, including in GOP controlled states when community spread got out of control. Schools were also closed at times in multiple states. And there were lockdowns/shelter in place orders too.

It’s just that the federal government abdicated any responsibility it may have had during the Covid and told the states to deal with it themselves. So they did. Some better than others.

Trump and his admin did a very good job pushing the vaccine development at a rapid pace, multiple vaccines done by the end of 2020, even if their initial vaccine rollout was a complete disorganized mess. Biden and his admin have cleaned that up and done a fantastic job coordinating a mass vaccination campaign.

‘Murica has the infrastructure and manufacturing capacity to leave most of the world in their dust on this, the only question was whether they could get it organized and done, and convince most people to take it. They’ve done a good job.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
hungary has over 10k new cases and 200 deceased, both are the worst numbers since day 1

i registered for the vaccination back in december. never got a confirmation, but government communicated that it's normal, everyone gets registered regardless. yesterday i messaged my doctor to get an estimated date for the first dose. she said my name is not even in the system :baus: so i registered with 3 other emails. fucking country, can't even buy a functioning system when it comes to those overpriced public procurements.

i can't wait till it's over.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
All things considered we had plenty of vaccines given. Situation is getting worse and worse, though. We had 5500 cases over the last 2 days, hospitals getting filled. We'll probably continue with restrictions.

Horrible. So many people are going to lose and close their job because of this.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
We were doing (surprisingly) well, with the cases going down over the past few months. However, the state of Maharastra (and specifically the city Mumbai) has been seeing a drastic increase. Yesterday they had the highest number of cases registered in a day since the pandemic started. January to Feb they were registering 2-3k cases per day. Yesterday it was 25k. Hopefully the rest of the country doesn't follow suit (The state with the second highest daily cases is at ~3k). At least vaccinations are getting better, 2.5-3m a day at the moment. We apparently have capacity to do 6m a day.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
So I had my 1st vaccination on Weds morning at 7am, I was in and out in 3 minutes and the doctor jabbed me when I wasn't even looking, sneaky bastard. It was AstraZeneca. About 20 mins later at home I felt a weird sensation in my right leg, then kind of had mild tingling like pins and needles in my legs for a little while, they felt heavy, but nothing really worth noting tbh.

By about 5pm I started getting really tired and also felt cold even though it wasn't especially, by 8pm I was shivering and felt a bit light-headed. At 10pm I was shaking like a shitting dog, headaches, hot and cold, full on fever symptoms that a lot of people get. I woke up every two hours and it felt like I had had a full night's sleep each time, bit trippy. By the time I got up in the morning the feeling of being hot and cold had gone but I still had some headaches and felt light-headed and a bit dizzy. By 5pm on Thurs basically no symptoms at all. All I have now is slight soreness in the upper arm, feels like the day after a hard deltoid workout.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
So I had my 1st vaccination on Weds morning at 7am, I was in and out in 3 minutes and the doctor jabbed me when I wasn't even looking, sneaky bastard. It was AstraZeneca. About 20 mins later at home I felt a weird sensation in my right leg, then kind of had mild tingling like pins and needles in my legs for a little while, they felt heavy, but nothing really worth noting tbh.

By about 5pm I started getting really tired and also felt cold even though it wasn't especially, by 8pm I was shivering and felt a bit light-headed. At 10pm I was shaking like a shitting dog, headaches, hot and cold, full on fever symptoms that a lot of people get. I woke up every two hours and it felt like I had had a full night's sleep each time, bit trippy. By the time I got up in the morning the feeling of being hot and cold had gone but I still had some headaches and felt light-headed and a bit dizzy. By 5pm on Thurs basically no symptoms at all. All I have now is slight soreness in the upper arm, feels like the day after a hard deltoid workout.
Have you had an overwhelming urge to purchase Microsoft products?

Last edited:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
hungary has over 10k new cases and 200 deceased, both are the worst numbers since day 1

i registered for the vaccination back in december. never got a confirmation, but government communicated that it's normal, everyone gets registered regardless. yesterday i messaged my doctor to get an estimated date for the first dose. she said my name is not even in the system :baus: so i registered with 3 other emails. fucking country, can't even buy a functioning system when it comes to those overpriced public procurements.

another chapter in this shitshow: i don't have messenger installed on my phone. my doctor tried to contact me via messenger to tell me she had a free slot for today. she has my phone number since like 15 years, but she didn't call me, only on fucking messenger. when i didn't return the messenger call (which i obviously couldn't) she called someone else.

:D :D :D

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
another chapter in this shitshow: i don't have messenger installed on my phone. my doctor tried to contact me via messenger to tell me she had a free slot for today. she has my phone number since like 15 years, but she didn't call me, only on fucking messenger. when i didn't return the messenger call (which i obviously couldn't) she called someone else.

:D :D :D
Your doc doesn’t wanna have sex with you. That’s why she ain’t looking after you well. :(

- - - Updated - - -

All things considered we had plenty of vaccines given. Situation is getting worse and worse, though. We had 5500 cases over the last 2 days, hospitals getting filled. We'll probably continue with restrictions.

Horrible. So many people are going to lose and close their job because of this.
I hope you become destitute and can never watch Juve match again. @Lion

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007

Sounds like you are Hungary for a solution

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)