Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (7 Viewers)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
It is the most important thing. But for most people that is nowhere near good enough. Your life will still suck, you will just get to be healthy. It is a huge leap from "I'm protected" to "I can jump on a plane and fly to a concert where I'll hug my grandma".

Yes, nobody wants to go to the hospital, or die. But what you call "getting on with life" for most people doesn't include having to continue wearing masks, socially distance, not being able to go to DJ shows, not being able to travel, not being able to hug relatives, etc. It's still a massively debilitating social pain in the ass, let alone the hamstrung economics.

Your personal vaccine makes incremental headway, but it doesn't solve the rest.

Much of the world seems a bit deluded that once they get their vaccine, life returns to normal.
Isn't the idea more like once enough people have received their vaccine, life returns to normal? Assuming of course they are as efficient as has been communicated.
That's what I always understood, at least.

Me, as an individual, being vaccinated doesn't make much of a difference. And right now, it obviously shouldn't either.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Isn't the idea more like once enough people have received their vaccine, life returns to normal? Assuming of course they are as efficient as has been communicated.
That's what I always understood, at least.

Me, as an individual, being vaccinated doesn't make much of a difference. And right now, it obviously shouldn't either.
Yes. But none of us can control the rate at which our neighbors, families, friends, and coworkers also get vaccinated. Not to mention restaurant staff, musicians, theater ushers, fellow stadium punters, and the Thai ladyboys at the Phuket beach bar.

This is what makes it a public health crisis and thus it needs public health solutions. Individualism doesn't work. And yes, that even includes the personal choice of opting out of vaccines.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Numbers out of Israel are extremely promising, this should be brought up when discussing these things. Something like 2/3rds of the country has received at least one dose so far.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/israel-covid-vaccine-rollout-shows-signs-of-dramatic-success/
Meanwhile, Bill Gates' GPS-powered live feed COVID dashboard seems to show lots of data from the West Bank and Gaza. :klin: No signs if the placebo, I mean vaccine, has had any positive health effects there yet.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Meanwhile, Bill Gates' GPS-powered live feed COVID dashboard seems to show lots of data from the West Bank and Gaza. :klin: No signs if the placebo, I mean vaccine, has had any positive health effects there yet.
No worries, they'll just cut the water supply again and that problem will solve itself. Need more land for settlements of course.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
But you're surely allowed to walk away if that's the one you don't want?
yes

and i find myself at the back of the queue

btw i have a good relationship with my doctor, she'll be able to tell me what kind of vaccine they will have at their disposal, so i am not worried about the vaccine itself. the schedule is unacceptable though

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Nobody should get a vaccine. Im dead serious. When you have Serbia as Europe's second best country and top 5 worlds, then you have something very fishy in that business. Very fishy.
Or the government did something right :snoop:

Serbs are amazing. No vaccines? Fuck you. European leader in vaccines? Fuck you more.

Sendt fra min CMR-AL09 med Tapatalk

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Or the government did something right :snoop:

Serbs are amazing. No vaccines? Fuck you. European leader in vaccines? Fuck you more.

Sendt fra min CMR-AL09 med Tapatalk
Chances are 0% we can be better than all of top EU countries. Literally 0%. If it's something bad then we'd do great. Otherwise no. So this doesn't seem normal in any case, despite us getting vaccines from the east as well.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I lost my sense of taste over night :shifty:

is this how it begins folks?

Or is it just a side effect of watching Juve trying to play football?
I'd bet that you have it, I don't think there's much else out there that makes you lose taste or smell completely. It's for a while too usually, I had Covid end of Jan and my ability to smell is still not back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)