Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (44 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Probably the guy who eats fried rice and pangolin?
Pangolin fried rice is my favorite. :dusan:

The article isn't about letting China virus escape but about the supposed sham of an investigation by WHO.
WHO trusted China's information without taking it at face value, and China was clearly trying to cover stuff up. I don't think there's any legitimate debate about that. But the horses have been out of the barn for a year now.

I honestly don't think that ultimately made any difference. This pandemic was going to play out as it's playing out regardless. Too many global interests in commerce, trade, tourism, business travel, etc., to realistically prevent its global spread. And WHO basically takes its orders from its member countries, who payroll its existence.

There was complicity across the board, and different nations are trying to excuse themselves of culpability by scapegoating.

DON'T CARE - GOT FRISEURTERMIN ON 1ST OF MARCH at 8AM :tuttosport:
LgorYeti out

60x the population density plus your immigrats are asians, not savages

it's not rocket science, since even Fidel Jr managed as you said
It's turning out to be interesting how Asians are being blamed and harassed worldwide as COVID creators/carriers, and yet some of the scientific research is showing that many Asians lack the protein mutations that make them as susceptible to the disease as Europeans and North Americans:
https://www.livemint.com/science/ne...n-asia-11612936622101.html#box_11612936622101

Now if I was a conspiracy guy, I'd say this was pan-Asian bioterrorism against the Western world. :D

That article is more about origin of the virus

WHO continues to be servile to CCP
That ship sailed a year ago. The only people left who don't think Wuhan was at the epicenter of its origins are conspiracy theorists.

And WHO is ultimately servile to everybody funding it. You literally get what you pay for.

Buy on AliExpress.com

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
You make it sound like Chinese authorities falsifying W.H.O. investigation about the origin of the virus is no big deal. It's not about finding a scapegoat, but to prevent future similar pandemics. Now CCP know they owe zero accountability and can do whatever they want. No big deal.

Last edited:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
You make it sound like Chinese authorities falsifying W.H.O. investigation about the origin of the virus is no big deal. It's not about finding a scapegoat, but to prevent future similar pandemics. Now CCP know they owe zero accountability and can do whatever they want. No big deal.
The WHO isn't set up to succeed at policing the likes of China or the US for that matter. So why are we expecting it to be able to police nation states like China or the US?

This is a bit like blaming the theater usher for not preventing the Aurora, CO mass shooting during The Dark Knight Rises.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Are you there now? I had no idea they were doing that anywhere but Quebec in the country. We were out in Ontario in the autumn raising a little timber frame house, and there was nothing then, but I guess things got significantly worse there after that.
Our premier has asked us at various times to avoid non-essential travel, but never made it an order. Even in Vancouver. The only thing they’ve really enforced is fining people for throwing/attending big parties. We had a school shutdown for a couple weeks in the spring, but nothing since. Every thing has been allowed to stay open all fall/winter at reduced occupancy levels.
yeah I'm here now but this started before I arrived, since early December I think. They're now beginning to relax restrictions in some parts but already there's talk of a big third wave coming in April so... :rolleyes:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
yeah I'm here now but this started before I arrived, since early December I think. They're now beginning to relax restrictions in some parts but already there's talk of a big third wave coming in April so... :rolleyes:
Yeah. It’s really hard to tell what’s going on right now. I’m supposed to be working out there in cottage country for a few weeks in April, so really hoping they don’t keep going with this nonsense. Don’t want to have to quarantine when I return to BC either. Lol

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Yeah. It’s really hard to tell what’s going on right now. I’m supposed to be working out there in cottage country for a few weeks in April, so really hoping they don’t keep going with this nonsense. Don’t want to have to quarantine when I return to BC either. Lol
It looks like the rural and suburban areas are doing better (as you'd expect) so hopefully it won't affect you

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
@DAiDEViL @swag re virus load of vaccinees that we mentioned the other day: https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.02.06.21251283v1

Beyond their substantial protection of individual vaccinees, it is hoped that the COVID-19 vaccines would reduce viral load in breakthrough infections thereby further suppress onward transmission. Here, analyzing positive SARS-CoV-2 test results following inoculation with the BNT162b2 mRNA vaccine, we find that the viral load is reduced 4-fold for infections occurring 12-28 days after the first dose of vaccine. These reduced viral loads hint to lower infectiousness, further contributing to vaccine impact on virus spread.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
@DAiDEViL @swag re virus load of vaccinees that we mentioned the other day: https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.02.06.21251283v1

Beyond their substantial protection of individual vaccinees, it is hoped that the COVID-19 vaccines would reduce viral load in breakthrough infections thereby further suppress onward transmission. Here, analyzing positive SARS-CoV-2 test results following inoculation with the BNT162b2 mRNA vaccine, we find that the viral load is reduced 4-fold for infections occurring 12-28 days after the first dose of vaccine. These reduced viral loads hint to lower infectiousness, further contributing to vaccine impact on virus spread.
It's critical and promising. But it's nothing like the 95% we hear for symptoms. Fingers crossed. Without addressing transmission, the whole idea of vaccine passports doesn't make much sense unless everyone is vaccinated. Your vaccine passport otherwise just signals your lower likelihood of being personally hospitalized.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
I really wonder what the czech are doing over there.

incidences over 1000 :lol:

Keep them away ffs.

- - - Updated - - -

And they even end their lockdown :lol:

Last edited:

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I can get the vaccine Friday if I want. I haven't done too much research into it so was wondering that was the general opinion about it? Is it safe/ worth taking.

It's the Astrazeneca vaccine.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
It's critical and promising. But it's nothing like the 95% we hear for symptoms. Fingers crossed. Without addressing transmission, the whole idea of vaccine passports doesn't make much sense unless everyone is vaccinated. Your vaccine passport otherwise just signals your lower likelihood of being personally hospitalized.
But isn’t that the most important thing?

If the vaccines prevent hospitalisations and death from covid, they’ll have done their job. Bringing COVID to the level of the common cold will allow us to open up and get on with life.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I can get the vaccine Friday if I want. I haven't done too much research into it so was wondering that was the general opinion about it? Is it safe/ worth taking.

It's the Astrazeneca vaccine.
yes, absolutely. do it.

i'm likely to get one around september-december, and it can either be some eu/usa vaccine or the chinese one, i'll find out on location :rofl:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
But isn’t that the most important thing?

If the vaccines prevent hospitalisations and death from covid, they’ll have done their job. Bringing COVID to the level of the common cold will allow us to open up and get on with life.
It is the most important thing. But for most people that is nowhere near good enough. Your life will still suck, you will just get to be healthy. It is a huge leap from "I'm protected" to "I can jump on a plane and fly to a concert where I'll hug my grandma".

Yes, nobody wants to go to the hospital, or die. But what you call "getting on with life" for most people doesn't include having to continue wearing masks, socially distance, not being able to go to DJ shows, not being able to travel, not being able to hug relatives, etc. It's still a massively debilitating social pain in the ass, let alone the hamstrung economics.

Your personal vaccine makes incremental headway, but it doesn't solve the rest.

Much of the world seems a bit deluded that once they get their vaccine, life returns to normal.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
It is the most important thing. But for most people that is nowhere near good enough. Your life will still suck, you will just get to be healthy. It is a huge leap from "I'm protected" to "I can jump on a plane and fly to a concert where I'll hug my grandma".

Yes, nobody wants to go to the hospital, or die. But what you call "getting on with life" for most people doesn't include having to continue wearing masks, socially distance, not being able to go to DJ shows, not being able to travel, not being able to hug relatives, etc. It's still a massively debilitating social pain in the ass, let alone the hamstrung economics.

Your personal vaccine makes incremental headway, but it doesn't solve the rest.

Much of the world seems a bit deluded that once they get their vaccine, life returns to normal.
It will take quite a long time before things are back to pre covid normal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)