Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (45 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
true, self awareness as far as health goes is really lacking here
No time to be self-aware when you can move about with a golf cart as an appendage of your 300-kilo body.

Face masks are now mandatory in Texas.
Some of them are butt ugly. That might improve things.

Arizona new number 1 now.
I never trust the NCAA preseason polls.

Damn glad I could visit before this damn virus , i really liked Phoenix,Scottsdale.
Do you like golf? Or do you like hanging out with 90-year-olds?

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
It seems early intervention might be the key with it. It also says their dosage differed than other studies though, and "part of a combination of interventions that were done in supportive care of patients," whatever that is supposed to be.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
No time to be self-aware when you can move about with a golf cart as an appendage of your 300-kilo body.

Some of them are butt ugly. That might improve things.

I never trust the NCAA preseason polls.

Do you like golf? Or do you like hanging out with 90-year-olds?
I like desert

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
So here's an update my in country. It's a fucked up situation totally.

We had measures taken off 2 or 3 weeks before the elections. Of course, to me that was a huge red light because dictatorship over here just looked to win the elections by surpressing the opposition since they had no chance to fight it during the pandemic. They went to push the election and lied about the numbers. All of a sudden they stopped talking about it, numbers went down, and no news covered covid (before that we had it 24/7 on tv). Now, after elections finished, we have numbers increased. Not only that but our hospitals are filled and we're driving out of Belgrade patients since capacities are full in majority of the hospitals. Unlike in the first wave, I know plenty of people who have been exposed and those whos friends have corona.

I also have been exposed. This morning my boss called me to say that their son was hospitalized. He had temperature for 4-5 days, his lungs were clean, then over night his condition fucked up and went to hospital to find out he has pneumonia. He's kept there. I was in contact with him, just like 2 girls I work with, and I have no idea what's going to happen. They used their connections to get him into our best hospital (that's 99% filled). I also heard the hospital has some "secret medication" that's being kept for serious cases BUT also those who have connections. It's one-time-use medicine that costs 900e, so majority of people couldn't even pay that shit (have in mind that majority works for 300e per month).

Masks became mandatory and they will start fining those without it in busses and closed spaces. Day by day situation is becoming worse and worse. We're opening new temporary hospitals again. Some doctors say that the virus mutated. Right now majority of the cases are people who are 30-50yo and not the elders.

Also, like 10 days ago, I found out that my ex-colleague had it and barely survived. My friends dad as well. After that, I heard about dozens of cases, mostly young people.

Last edited:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

We had measures taken off 2 or 3 weeks before the elections. Of course, to me that was a huge red light because dictatorship over here just looked to win the elections by surpressing the opposition since they had no chance to fight it during the pandemic. They went to push the election and lied about the numbers. All of a sudden they stopped talking about it, numbers went down, and no news covered covid (before that we had it 24/7 on tv). Now, after elections finished, we have numbers increased. Not only that but our hospitals are filled and we're driving out of Belgrade patients since capacities are full in majority of the hospitals. Unlike in the first wave, I know plenty of people who have been exposed and those whos friends have corona.

I also have been exposed. This morning my boss called me to say that their son was hospitalized. He had temperature for 4-5 days, his lungs were clean, then over night his condition fucked up and went to hospital to find out he has pneumonia. He's kept there. I was in contact with him, just like 2 girls I work with, and I have no idea what's going to happen. They used their connections to get him into our best hospital (that's 99% filled). I also heard the hospital has some "secret medication" that's being kept for serious cases BUT also those who have connections. It's one-time-use medicine that costs 900e, so majority of people couldn't even pay that shit (have in mind that majority works for 300e per month).

Masks became mandatory and they will start fining those without it in busses and closed spaces. Day by day situation is becoming worse and worse. We're opening new temporary hospitals again. Some doctors say that the virus mutated. Right now majority of the cases are people who are 30-50yo and not the elders.

Also, like 10 days ago, I found out that my ex-colleague had it and barely survived. My friends dad as well. After that, I heard about dozens of cases, mostly young people.
Im sorry to hear the situation has spiraled so badly. I hope you stay well and avoid the worst of it. Keep us posted on your situation. I don’t know what we can do other than wish you the best.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005

Sorry to hear, D!
Besides wearing a mask and keeping your distance, having a healthy immune system is your best ally vs covid. I would suggest boosting your immune system by increasing your vitamin C and D intake to about 3-4000 mg and 3000 Units daily, respectively. That's on top of what you get from your regular diet. Unless you have vitamin D deficiency, 2-3000 Units a day would be sufficient, otherwise you can go to 5000 Units a day. Would be best to split these amounts in 2-3 doses throughout the day to ensure more efficient absorption.
Just to be safe, consult a doctor to make sure this will be safe for you, especially if you have any underlying conditions. Unlikely there would be a problem as those are generally considered safe amounts, but still ...

Some time ago, I posted a list of suggestions for how to prep should the health-care system get strained to the point where it can no longer provide proper care for patients. Maybe you can find some useful tips in there:
https://www.juventuz.com/threads/coronavirus-covid-19-outbreak.44264/page-232#post-6126772

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)