Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (98 Viewers)

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
For those complaining about the US and Iran, spare a thought for the Indians. Police violently attacking people who are out and about - mainly the poor and homeless, migrants sprayed with disinfectants like dogs, poor and hungry people will die even before COVID reaches them. Its a crime in itself.
Bro India consist of 1.3 Billion people and they only have 1,251 cases. If anything you want us to spare a thought for brutality against the poor, spare a thought for Yemen.

Buy on AliExpress.com

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Bro India consist of 1.3 Billion people and they only have 1,251 cases. If anything you want us to spare a thought for brutality against the poor, spare a thought for Yemen.
because they are not testing the masses. there must be plenty of infected people besides the confirmed cases in india. (and since most infected people show mild or no symptoms, that refers to most countries with a low number of tests.)

look at north korea. ZERO confirmed cases.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Bro, I'm always thinking about them and the Syrians but this is not the place for it, don't even get me started on MBS. Arabs and religion need to be eradicated for peace on Earth according to this forum.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
because they are not testing the masses. there must be plenty of infected people besides the confirmed cases in india. (and since most infected people show mild or no symptoms, that refers to most countries with a low number of tests.)

look at north korea. ZERO confirmed cases.
How many Chinese peeps normally travel to North Korea? I believe the number is very close to 0 so where would they've gotten the virus?

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
How many Chinese peeps normally travel to North Korea? I believe the number is very close to 0 so where would they've gotten the virus?
It’s a Hermit Kingdom, so I believe that ZERO number holds a lot more validity then to our figures around the rest of the world.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
it's not about casual tourists. china is one of the very few countries north korea maintains a commercial and diplomatic relationship with. it's literally impossible for them to keep the country isolated, and even if they did close the country very early, there were plenty of infected people due to the 2-week incubation period.

https://www.businessinsider.com/almost-200-north-korean-soldiers-died-coronavirus-2020-3

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
For those complaining about the US and Iran, spare a thought for the Indians. Police violently attacking people who are out and about - mainly the poor and homeless, migrants sprayed with disinfectants like dogs, poor and hungry people will die even before COVID reaches them. Its a crime in itself.
@swag said it best: a crisis like this is like holding a mirror to the society.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Crazy. European country, so much money from EU and he is doing what he wants.
Orban is trying to be the Hungarian Bolsonaro. Hungary was so promising in the 90s. Like Brazil, it's now f'ed with a capitial F.

They just issued the mandatory stay at home in Virginia... for 2.5 months. Fuck, that's a long time. :sad:
I'm a believer in setting expectations for bad news early. Beats trickling out week after week and then nobody believes you had a clue all along.

This would suck economically for many nations. Honestly though...I wouldn't be too upset about it. Tourism has become so parasitic in so many places I feel.
Tourism was unsustainable. I mean, how AirBnB was destroying local communities with no locals able to afford the rents to shops that catered to tourist crap instead of local markets to the relentless flights.

My peak tourism moment had to be when Instagrammers got naked on top of national and religious monuments as a big middle finger to the entire planet of tourism:

https://www.marieclaire.co.uk/opini...ers-don-t-get-naked-on-sacred-mountains-72302
https://nypost.com/2015/05/21/why-are-people-getting-naked-at-historic-monuments/
https://www.vice.com/en_in/article/g5xde9/couple-sparks-outrage-myanmar-sex-video-sacred-temple

That was the hedonistic apex that marked the pending death of tourism.

Congrats, millennials ... you also killed travel. ;)

It's possible, considering it's one of the most densely populated countries in the world with bad infrastructure, but the number you listed is just ridiculous.
India is insane. They are saying that they will be under social distancing until April 14, but they will call no lockdowns after that. That's suicidal. Millions of Indians are going to die when you assume you have 100% control over a virus and how a population reacts to meet a project management deadline.

@swag said it best: a crisis like this is like holding a mirror to the society.
Some really f'ed up societies out there, that's for sure. And now we're getting a look at them without their Instagram filters and plastic surgery.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Dude let's get real do you think India can test many people? Italy prolly has 10times the reported cases as that gov official said but limited number of tests is done daily

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
there's nothing democratic in it. the lack of time limit is worrying indeed: orbán declared an "immigration emergency" a couple of years ago, and despite the significantly lower number of immigrants (and the fact that hungary is just a transit country for the vast majority of that crowd, basically nobody wants to permanently remain here), he never declared the end of that emergency. he just needs that for his "war" vs everyone (mainly civil organizations, eu, soros). there are no factual conditions for the end of this state of emergency. it's a fucking joke that really grants the government absolute power.

here's the english google translation of the act itself:
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=hu&tl=en&u=https://net.jogtar.hu/jogszabaly?docid=00009790.tvj
art. 8 is the key: the parliament should decide when to repeal the act. and since orbán has a 2/3 majority in the parliament, it's completely up to him when to end the emergency. there's absolutely nothing that would prevent him of keeping the country in this situation for the next couple of years. and since there's emergency and the parliament is suspended, you can't go to the streets to protest, you can't ask an opposition delegate to make his voice heard.

a longer recap for those interested:
https://index.hu/english/2020/03/30...orban_fidesz_sweeping_powers_indefinite_term/

so yeah, it's quite fucked up. all we can hope is that orbán still has some decency. otherwise, it means absolute power for him until he gets bored of it.
Can he suspend elections too, as that tweet suggests?

- - - Updated - - -

:sergio:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 97)