Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (74 Viewers)

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Wear your masks, says the Korean doctor ... A rather different message than the one we hear here in the West. Might be because in Korea they actually have masks and we don't ... the masks are on the way, though, and they are very beautiful :baus:

Here is a similar message from a US doctor based in New York.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
I was reading a piece that was saying surveillance in many countries and more authoritative measures might end up being more accepted in the future as a result of the pandemic. As a result there could also be a price hike for traveling since what is happening is unprecedented for that industry and people would probably do it less than before for a few years at least.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Where your masks, says the Korean doctor ... A rather different message than the one we hear here in the West. Might be because in Korea they actually have masks and we don't ... the masks are on the way, though, and they are very beautiful :baus:

Trump suggested nurses/health care workers might be stealing masks in his briefing yesterday.

“Where are the masks going? Are they going out the back door? How do you go from 10,000 to 300,000... I just don’t see, from a practical standpoint, how you go from that to that... ...I don’t think it’s hoarding. I think maybe it’s worse than hoarding.”

:sergio:

- - - Updated - - -

4050 new cases in Italy, the lowest since March 17th.
812 new deaths. High, but still below the peak.
1590 patients recovered, the highest number since the start of the crisis.
1648- increase in the number of active cases. The lowest since March 10th.
All in all, promising numbers.

- - - Updated - - -

Daily new cases in Spain are below their peak for the fourth consecutive day.
I’m hopeful Italy is going to start to see a significant drop too, but want to wait a little longer first before thinking they are in the clear from the worst. From their high of 6557 new cases on March 21, they dropped to 4789 new cases on March 23, before spending the last week above 5000 new cases a day. The next couple days should tell us whether they actually have the spread of this under control.

Last edited:

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I was reading a piece that was saying surveillance in many countries and more authoritative measures might end up being more accepted in the future as a result of the pandemic. As a result there could also be a price hike for traveling since what is happening is unprecedented for that industry and people would probably do it less than before for a few years at least.
Shouldn’t it get cheaper if the demand drops?

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4,088
    Maryland locked down, Virginia to follow.
    Looks I'm gonna be stuck at home for a while.
    They just issued the mandatory stay at home in Virginia... for 2.5 months. Fuck, that's a long time. :sad:

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry to hear that, Andy. Diabetes is a complication, but not a lot of diabetics are good at managing their health in general. So if he does take care of himself, hopefully it's more of a crapshoot for how his immune system responds (or not).
    Thanks man, other than that he seems to be in OK health, so hoping for the best.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011
    This would suck economically for many nations. Honestly though...I wouldn't be too upset about it. Tourism has become so parasitic in so many places I feel.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
    They just issued the mandatory stay at home in Virginia... for 2.5 months. Fuck, that's a long time. :sad:

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks man, other than that he seems to be in OK health, so hoping for the best.
    It is. They should have kept it for 3 weeks and kept on extending it. I feel that is easier to get through mentally.

Hope your cousin gets well soon.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006

- - - Updated - - -
    Interesting that they've leapt straight to saying 2.5 months.

Here they aren't really putting a timescale on things and just saying it's being reviewed every few weeks.

Don't know which is easier for folk to hear.

In my own head, I'm working on the basis of nothing much changing until June, which would pretty much tie in with the Virginia timescale.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4,092
    It is. They should have kept it for 3 weeks and kept on extending it. I feel that is easier to get through mentally.

Hope your cousin gets well soon.
    Thanks, and I agree. It's less stressful on the psyche to announce it incrementally like that, at least to me. I guess we have to hope that by then the measures will have worked...

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting that they've leapt straight to saying 2.5 months.

Here they aren't really putting a timescale on things and just saying it's being reviewed every few weeks.

Don't know which is easier for folk to hear.

In my own head, I'm working on the basis of nothing much changing until June, which would pretty much tie in with the Virginia timescale.
    I guess they are confident in the data they're looking at. Not sure exactly.

Apparently some folks are crossing over into Maryland and already getting pulled over with troopers asking for mandatory travel paperwork. We have family who live right on the border and apparently can't cross state lines now unless they have "papers." This sounds like martial law to me.

All this shit is driving me to drink.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
    Jan 16, 2013
    So my wife just told me she got an email from her hospital that says all doctors (except ICU) will assess their patients thru video calls on iPads from the safety of their homes while the nurses risk their lives. :baus: fan fucking tastic!! What a system!!

Apr 17, 2013
    I feel like my day is about eating and then waiting until it's okay to eat again.
    The advantage with all that we eat is that in a week, we will be able to greet each other safely without a handshake or hug, just by doing a belly five.

Jul 13, 2010
    I feel like my day is about eating and then waiting until it's okay to eat again.
    The advantage with all that we eat is that in a week, we will be able to greet each other safely without a handshake or hug, just by doing a belly five.
    I still try to eat healthy breakfast and liquid dinner. Like soup or protein shake. Helps me retain my weight

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    So my wife just told me she got an email from her hospital that says all doctors (except ICU) will assess their patients thru video calls on iPads from the safety of their homes while the nurses risk their lives. :baus: fan fucking tastic!! What a system!!
    i don't understand the issue here. If doctors don't need to physically be there then why put them at risk too? Anyone who can do the job remotely should do it remotely.

its unfortunate nurses have to be at risk but that isn't justification to throw other people in there who dont need to be.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
    Where your masks, says the Korean doctor ... A rather different message than the one we hear here in the West. Might be because in Korea they actually have masks and we don't ... the masks are on the way, though, and they are very beautiful :baus:

Hong Kong and Chinese docs/virologists also said wearing mask is one of the most if not THE most important thing, and it doesn't have to be N95 to make a diff.

Apr 17, 2013
    I still try to eat healthy breakfast and liquid dinner. Like soup or protein shake. Helps me retain my weight
    At first it was fine, but after 14 days I lose my bearings a little and take bad habits (I know myself if I have no goals I let myself go). I get up at 9:30 and it shifts me everything, I don't know what day of the week it is, and in the day when you get pissed off and you go around in circles in your apartment, the temptation to take a junk food and watch a movie is great for me.
    It pisses me off I got into the habit of swimming 3 times a week, I miss it, and I will have to start all over again.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
    Trump suggested nurses/health care workers might be stealing masks in his briefing yesterday.

“Where are the masks going? Are they going out the back door? How do you go from 10,000 to 300,000... I just don’t see, from a practical standpoint, how you go from that to that... ...I don’t think it’s hoarding. I think maybe it’s worse than hoarding.”

:sergio:

- - - Updated - - -

I’m hopeful Italy is going to start to see a significant drop too, but want to wait a little longer first before thinking they are in the clear from the worst. From their high of 6557 new cases on March 21, they dropped to 4789 new cases on March 23, before spending the last week above 5000 new cases a day. The next couple days should tell us whether they actually have the spread of this under control.
    Why is the number 14 so hard for some of you to understand

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 55)