Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (134 Viewers)

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
4050 new cases in Italy, the lowest since March 17th.
812 new deaths. High, but still below the peak.
1590 patients recovered, the highest number since the start of the crisis.
1648- increase in the number of active cases. The lowest since March 10th.
All in all, promising numbers.

- - - Updated - - -

Daily new cases in Spain are below their peak for the fourth consecutive day.

Last edited:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
This Chinese apologist movement started in the NBA.
That is true.

see... countering the virus ... so far he did good job, i dont know about any other things around him or his politics like i said....

second thing, am talking about the virus, yet you bring something else... and seems you already axed the man from your mind ....

last, am not fan nor hater for him, but honestly,
The steps taken so far, maybe little late, like all other countries , are pretty good ... great for the size of this problem...

The rest about his politics i dont know ... i m just following how he counters the virus.... but so far so good....

In general i believe the US will flatten the curve by end of April...

- - - Updated - - -

May be he is a conman, lets wait till the end of April and see how this pandemic will unfold ...

I just want the USA to counter this quickly , as if not, we are heading into recession and depression and massive job losses all over the world.
I find this interesting. Well, for one because Trump is pretty much a psychopath who believes his role is hosting a reality TV show where he's the star and he's trying to keep the ratings up and not get cancelled.

But many of those who believe he is the worst politician on the planet (a touch of surprise for you all: Bolsonaro is worse) are kind of bewildered how anyone could say he's doing an even functionally adequate job when thousands of Americans are getting the disease and dying while the health care system slowly collapses. It's a real interesting question: what does it take to convince someone of their incompetence even after the unnecessary deaths of thousands of its citizens?

This is more of a rhetorical question. But if you can't convince someone with dead Americans, the dude is pretty much bulletproof of any criticism from some people. So why is that?

Interesting. Seems like a complete shot in the dark, but at this point why not?

Century-Old Vaccine Investigated as a Weapon Against Coronavirus

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-investigated-as-a-weapon-against-coronavirus
Why not? Because untested cures get people killed and give ammunition to the anti-vaxxers is why.

This is one area where I have to agree with a Trump quote: the cure can be worse than the disease.

:lol: Gold.

Can’t wait for the new virus to come out so we can not blame China for it

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/h...Xg-9ifcQIHVo4laOUU_18qEvt0nagqXpFf7D2pvdJss3U
Oh, the old "get rid of wet markets and the problem goes away" trope. :D

Was notified my second cousin in Chicago has the virus, unfortunately he has an underlying condition (diabetes). Knew it would just be a matter of time. There has to be so many people in Detroit and Chicago that have the virus.
Sorry to hear that, Andy. Diabetes is a complication, but not a lot of diabetics are good at managing their health in general. So if he does take care of himself, hopefully it's more of a crapshoot for how his immune system responds (or not).

Don’t scapegoat wet markets. Encroachment is the real problem.
You know I'd agree with anyone who said that. :p

Oh, and winner, winner, chicken dinner:
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/apr/24/real-cost-of-roast-chicken-animal-welfare-farms

Who needs wet markets with that going on everywhere?

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Why not? Because untested cures get people killed and give ammunition to the anti-vaxxers is why.

This is one area where I have to agree with a Trump quote: the cure can be worse than the disease.
Yes but this isn't exactly Karen peddling essential oils, it's a collaborative international study supported by the World Health Organization.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Wtf is this? @Hungarians is this as bad as it sounds?
I guess someone was...hungry for power.
Orban has allways been a mini despot type, but jeez.
there's nothing democratic in it. the lack of time limit is worrying indeed: orbán declared an "immigration emergency" a couple of years ago, and despite the significantly lower number of immigrants (and the fact that hungary is just a transit country for the vast majority of that crowd, basically nobody wants to permanently remain here), he never declared the end of that emergency. he just needs that for his "war" vs everyone (mainly civil organizations, eu, soros). there are no factual conditions for the end of this state of emergency. it's a fucking joke that really grants the government absolute power.

here's the english google translation of the act itself:
https://translate.google.com/transl...//net.jogtar.hu/jogszabaly?docid=00009790.tvj
art. 8 is the key: the parliament should decide when to repeal the act. and since orbán has a 2/3 majority in the parliament, it's completely up to him when to end the emergency. there's absolutely nothing that would prevent him of keeping the country in this situation for the next couple of years. and since there's emergency and the parliament is suspended, you can't go to the streets to protest, you can't ask an opposition delegate to make his voice heard.

a longer recap for those interested:
https://index.hu/english/2020/03/30...orban_fidesz_sweeping_powers_indefinite_term/

so yeah, it's quite fucked up. all we can hope is that orbán still has some decency. otherwise, it means absolute power for him until he gets bored of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 129)