Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (47 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
His words are just meaningless simplistic bullshit, but COVID-19 is 100 times less dangerous than the virus that is Islamic Republic. They recently rejected the help offer from Doctors without Borders, calling them American spies. One of the government officials even cited the Hollywood movie Contagion for why asking for foreign help is against national security.
Agreed entirely. I think my point with Iran, and soon Venezuela, is that it serves absolutely no purpose to toughen sanctions during this time of pandemic and global health emergency to the point they can’t buy ventilators and other medical supplies to combat this pandemic. We (the west/america) are supposed to be the adults here, so we should act like it and if it requires losing a bit of face then lose a bit of face. Otherwise we’re just aiding the Iranian regime in killing off its citizens.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I work with a few Iranians, just your normal people with nutters running their country. The civilians always pay the price for a messed up system, either they suck it up or be brave like the Syrians and sacrifice themselves to bastards like Assad. Regardless of culture, Trump is going to lead a bunch of Americans to their death if they end the lockdown early.
Is that an oxymoron? Surely those two words can't be paired in a sentence :p

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed entirely. I think my point with Iran, and soon Venezuela, is that it serves absolutely no purpose to toughen sanctions during this time of pandemic and global health emergency to the point they can’t buy ventilators and other medical supplies to combat this pandemic. We (the west/america) are supposed to be the adults here, so we should act like it and if it requires losing a bit of face than lose a bit of face. Otherwise we’re just aiding the Iranian regime in killing off its citizens.
You seem to forget that a man-child is "the leader of the free world." I'm surprised he hasn't thrown more tantrums or pushed some shiny buttons to "show them who's boss."

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Complete nutcase. This is what matters to him while he deals with a pandemic :lol2:

I'm speechless. The whole world is going down and this guy touts his ratings.

- - - Updated - - -

Is still refuse to believe it @Ronn
It won't be normalized for me. This guy is the worst person you want in charge in times of crisis, and half of America voted for him.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
That’s very easy to say from the outside looking in. I suspect just empty, meaningless words though in reality.
I admit that I am a lawyer and my perspective is skewed. But honestly, I've had a couple of situations in my life where it would have been much better if we fought as a group and at the end of the day, the only one fighting was me.

At first I was angry whenever this happened. Now I see most people are just too scared. Or maybe I'm just reckless. It's not all black and white.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Agreed entirely. I think my point with Iran, and soon Venezuela, is that it serves absolutely no purpose to toughen sanctions during this time of pandemic and global health emergency to the point they can’t buy ventilators and other medical supplies to combat this pandemic. We (the west/america) are supposed to be the adults here, so we should act like it and if it requires losing a bit of face then lose a bit of face. Otherwise we’re just aiding the Iranian regime in killing off its citizens.
My point is they would not have bought ventilators regardless. Iranian regime is so corrupt that without US sanctions they would've responded more or less the same. What would've been different without sanctions is the economic conditions after this thing is over. Iranian economy was already shattered, and I can't even imagine how it'll be after this.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
FUCK this guy and anyone retarded enough to support him. Biggest scumbag there is!
What’s most fucked is not his base, we all know they are a hopeless, lost cause of bigoted, disgusting turds, but the the red conservatives and independents in the centre who still support this total scumbag. If America elects Trump again this November, I’ll have made my last visit to the country, and I have always loved America and travelling there.

- - - Updated - - -

My point is they would not have bought ventilators regardless. Iranian regime is so corrupt that without US sanctions they would've responded more or less the same. What would've been different without sanctions is the economic conditions after this thing is over. Iranian economy was already shattered, and I can't even imagine how it'll be after this.
:tup: Fair enough, you know more about the regime and its behaviour than I do. That’s sad as fuck and a super depressing state of affairs for what is/was such a beautiful culture. :sigh:

- - - Updated - - -

I admit that I am a lawyer and my perspective is skewed. But honestly, I've had a couple of situations in my life where it would have been much better if we fought as a group and at the end of the day, the only one fighting was me.

At first I was angry whenever this happened. Now I see most people are just too scared. Or maybe I'm just reckless. It's not all black and white.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
This is true, but uprisings in modern nations against modern militaries with governments willing to use them against their own citizens are not quite the same thing as historical uprisings. You rise up in such a nation now and you pray and hope the west invades behind you to support you, or you all die. And even if such regimes are brutal and kill a lot of people, and their citizens mostly live in fear and dire circumstance... most still live, so essentially throwing your life away with acts of rebellion isn’t the first choice for most.

Last edited:

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
What’s most fucked is not his base, we all know they are a hopeless, lost cause of bigoted, disgusting turds, but the the red conservatives and independents in the centre who still support this total scumbag. If America elects Trump again this November, I’ll have made my last visit to the country, and I have always loved America and travelling there.

- - - Updated - - -

:tup: Fair enough, you know more about the regime and its behaviour than I do. That’s sad as fuck and a super depressing state of affairs for what is/was such a beautiful culture. :sigh:
Situation in Iran is a perfect storm of things that can destroy any society. Paranoid leaders, oil money, rampant corruption, class war, religious tensions, etc. Some people see things in the government that I don’t, such adbelieving that government decisions consider them at least slightly. You’ll hear different perspectives from different people.

- - - Updated - - -

It can’t die soon enough

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
I don't know .... but am not fan of Trump nor following his campaign closely .... but the man is doing a great job so far ....

that let feel some countries are maybe lying about their corona stats or not doing their jobs to counter the virus ...

check this out starting @9:00 .... complaining is the human virus ...:ratcafe:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Trump doing a great job? :lol2:

- - - Updated - - -

Love when he talks about how during his first week in office a general came to him and said the American military has no ammunition, so he rebuilt the military and now we have so much ammunition, you wouldn’t believe it how much ammunition we have.”
:rofl:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)