Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (23 Viewers)

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Why some people insist on reading TribalFootball during the trading window, I will never understand.

You are what you earn. Nothing more.

Even if your young, you still don’t want to be one of the 20% who get it and has to be hospitalized for treatment with this must death and disease going on. As some of the reports in Italy towns have shown, the mortality rates for non-COVID hospitalizations have also skyrocketed.

USA! USA!! USA!!

Wet markets are a red herring. If it wasn’t for them, it’s not like humans haven’t been encroaching on wildlife habitats around the globe.

In Russia, you are already buddies. You just don’t know it yet.
Are you saying that newsletter is tribal football or not tribal football? Just wanna make sure.

Encroaching is entirely diff from wet markets.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Are you saying that newsletter is tribal football or not tribal football? Just wanna make sure.

Encroaching is entirely diff from wet markets.
I’m saying that any publication that leads with might / could / may be with its news headlines is no better than Trump peddling mythical cures. I get that people need a dose of positive news to balance out the deathwatch out there. But there’s a statistical problem known as “peeking”, and ironically it also applies to the randomized control trials behind vaccines and other medical research. Proof isn’t proof until it’s proven. Until then people are peddling in myths and rumors.

Encroaching is having an even greater impact than wet markets. Wet markets are relatively rare. Encroachment is ubiquitous. Humans are coexisting with wild animals as we take over their habitats.

The problem with these end-of-days-inspiring events is you get every would be quasi-religious nut job cult worshipper coming out of the woodwork with their pet prophecies. “This wouldn’t have happened if humans were more vegan.” “This is the result of the Chinese wet markets.” All that mystical cult crap suddenly loses its prophetic punch when you suddenly point out billions of people all over the world are causing massive human-to-wild-animal proximities. Pet obsessions be damned. It’s always “them” and their “bad practices” at fault. It’s never us.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
I’m saying that any publication that leads with might / could / may be with its news headlines is no better than Trump peddling mythical cures. I get that people need a dose of positive news to balance out the deathwatch out there. But there’s a statistical problem known as “peeking”, and ironically it also applies to the randomized control trials behind vaccines and other medical research. Proof isn’t proof until it’s proven. Until then people are peddling in myths and rumors.

Encroaching is having an even greater impact than wet markets. Wet markets are relatively rare. Encroachment is ubiquitous. Humans are coexisting with wild animals as we take over their habitats.

The problem with these end-of-days-inspiring events is you get every would be quasi-religious nut job cult worshipper coming out of the woodwork with their pet prophecies. “This wouldn’t have happened if humans were more vegan.” “This is the result of the Chinese wet markets.” All that mystical cult crap suddenly loses its prophetic punch when you suddenly point out billions of people all over the world are causing massive human-to-wild-animal proximities. Pet obsessions be damned. It’s always “them” and their “bad practices” at fault. It’s never us.
Chinese wet markets are dangerous because wild animals are stored in close proximity to each other. This creates really unhygienic conditions and can easily lead to the spread of disease and microbes from one species to another. This coronavirus is speculated to have spread to humans from bat via pangolins.
It's highly unlikely for a three way transmission like this to occur outside a wet market.
Many diseases have originated from Chinese wet markets, how many examples of viruses can you give that didn't originate there. HIV, MERS and Ebola are notable examples, but apart from them, there are few and far between.
I don't know why you're so adamant on not blaming a ruthless and terrible regime that commits genocide on ethnic minorities and severely represses any kind of journalism that goes against it.
I have no problem blaming the US, UK, Europe, Saudi Arabia, Russia etc when they cause a problem. They didn't cause this particular problem though. China did.
It's like defending the Iraq war by saying, 'yeah, but what about Hitler'?

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Today was the worst day, with over 60k new cases and 3174 new deaths. Hope this is the peak and they start decreasing.
Some US states only started the lock down this week. Last I heard Mississippi governor is refusing to do it. Apparently Kansas is still allowing dine in services at restaurants and bars. South Dakota the same, etc...

Basically it will still get a lot worse here before it gets better, we're not at the peak.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Russia will get wiped out. They've got these Italian style 3 generational households, poor and religious society in general, significantly fewer ICU beds (normalized by population) than Italy and their Donald is in denial mode, lagging behind our Donald and their rate of new cases in the last 5 days was 33%. They're fucked. Only thing in their favour is low population density in rural areas

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
Chinese wet markets are dangerous because wild animals are stored in close proximity to each other. This creates really unhygienic conditions and can easily lead to the spread of disease and microbes from one species to another. This coronavirus is speculated to have spread to humans from bat via pangolins.
It's highly unlikely for a three way transmission like this to occur outside a wet market.
Many diseases have originated from Chinese wet markets, how many examples of viruses can you give that didn't originate there. HIV, MERS and Ebola are notable examples, but apart from them, there are few and far between.
I don't know why you're so adamant on not blaming a ruthless and terrible regime that commits genocide on ethnic minorities and severely represses any kind of journalism that goes against it.
I have no problem blaming the US, UK, Europe, Saudi Arabia, Russia etc when they cause a problem. They didn't cause this particular problem though. China did.
It's like defending the Iraq war by saying, 'yeah, but what about Hitler'?

Thank god i never interested in any Chinese food i was skeptical about their food ... but now it's confirmed....

Their food business will shut down all over the world from now on ...I believe so

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Thank god i never interested in any Chinese food i was skeptical about their food ... but now it's confirmed....

Their food business will shut down all over the world from now on ...I believe so
The food in other. countries has nothing to do with the chinese in china. the chicken, beef, duck and pork they cook is still sourced locally so you have nothing to worry about

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)