Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (64 Viewers)

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
I think it's still fair to call it an old people's disease. idk what's going on in south korea but everywhere else you're way more likely to be in critical condition if you're old.

I'm not sure why they're grouping in 20s with the 50s tho. maybe it's just me, but someone is considered old once they're past their 30s
That goes without saying for most diseases, no? Yet we don’t call them an “old people’s disease”. Go back a few weeks when we thought only people over 65-70 were gonna be affected, we know now it’s not the case anymore. I’m not gonna compare a teenager with a 70 year old but there are many actual doctors and nurses who have shared their testimonies on 20 year olds having to rely on ventilators to survive.

30 is old? Lol So 50 is ancient and 65 pre historic? Gotcha.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
That goes without saying for most diseases, no? Yet we don’t call them an “old people’s disease”. Go back a few weeks when we thought only people over 65-70 were gonna be affected, we know now it’s not the case anymore. I’m not gonna compare a teenager with a 70 year old but there are many actual doctors and nurses who have shared their testimonies on 20 year olds having to rely on ventilators to survive.

no, once you’re past your 30s, you can be considered old. So 40 and above

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007

Anybody could die. Some young do. However when you look at the average age of the dead, for example on italy, it' around 80yo. It's a minority of minority of young that will die.

Apr 17, 2013

Older people are more fragile because the risk of commorbidity is greater for them.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
But almost a majority of persons in intensive care and reanimation are young people
We have plenty of young people in intensive care too. But that's because 65+ people are forbidden to go outside. Still, when deaths happen it's usually old people.

Young people can catch it and they can end up with respirators. But it's high odds they are getting out recovered. It's like 99.5% of them going out like nothing happened. But sure, that minority could indeed die.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Apparently the infection rate across the world is +7.4% in the last 24 hours the lowest since the pandemic started.
Good news?
Maybe. I guess that's mainly because Italy and Spain reached the peak so it's gonna get lower and lower. But I doubt % will get lower because some countries are only entering the huge increase. France, Germany, US and others are yet to get huge numbers, so I don't think that number means much... sadly.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Anybody could die. Some young do. However when you look at the average age of the dead, for example on italy, it' around 80yo. It's a minority of minority of young that will die.
that goes for most diseases like I said. The older you are the chances you already have underlying issues are higher, you’ll obviously be more exposed and at risk than younger people. But it is affecting everyone and anyone hence why calling it an old people’s disease is just stupid to me. No one in the health department would agree with that.

here’s some food for thought: take away their ventilators and you’d see a much higher number of deaths in the younger population, their bodies are just better equipped to fight back.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
In the case of young VS old people. I had a colegue in the military school that whenever he would catch a cold or the seasonal flu he always ended in the hospital because he would somehow got pneumonia from it, at least 2 weeks missing from school. Happened 2 winters in a row. He also had his tonsils removed from young age.
He was 19 at the time. Based on that I think he should be considered a high risk subject.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
that goes for most diseases like I said. The older you are the chances you already have underlying issues are higher, you’ll obviously be more exposed and at risk than younger people. But it is affecting everyone and anyone hence why calling it an old people’s disease is just stupid to me. No one in the health department would agree with that.

here’s some food for thought: take away their ventilators and you’d see a much higher number of deaths in the younger population, their bodies are just better equipped to fight back.
In Italy they are taking extreme measures so they put 2 people on one respirator. Such things are only used during the war. You gotta fight with what you have. But their respirators are taken. It pretty much means new cases don't have one. It doesn't mean all of them are going to die. Of course every disease kills older people more and this one isn't any different. It's just that covid attacks lungs way more than others which requires a respirator. Even without one you'd see much more oldies die, it wouldn't be able to compare since 90% of them would surely die. Just because it affects young people it doesn't mean it's as deadly. The measures taken globally are usually only for those older folks and those with underlying diseases, not for the others.

Btw, the price of a respirator is 25-50k euros. But at this point it's not even about the price. You simply can't find plenty on the market as everyone is grabbing for them. Djokovic donated today 1 million to our country to buy 'em. Luckily we're in good conditions with the Chinese so we bought plenty from them. Then again it's quite sad how so much money was spent for wars, armies, ammunition, but now this happens and there are no masks, hospitals and respirators. Talk about priorities, kinda crazy.

Our president tonight said how one of the wealthiest parts of Germany said that hospitals are running out of supplies and if they don't get help they are pretty much screwed, dunno how true that is. But he pretty much said that France is fucked up and Germany ain't far from a huge hit. He also said it's crazy in the US. Not that we didn't know that.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
nobody said the quota among young people was 0%. You report three U30 deaths and meanwhile 2000 oldies die

It's definitely an old people's disease
You went from panicking about young people getting and suffering from it and long term consequences based on weird thing you read on FB to this now lol. Hail emperor Trump and poor grandma.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)