Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (94 Viewers)

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3,541
    :rab:

And @Bjerknes was trying to say the ‘Murican government was doing a good job looking after vulnerable people :lol:
    Other first world countries giving people that every 2 weeks for the next few months.
    There will be unemployment filings that will provide $600 a week as well. I never even said they were doing a "good job." I asked you what else you wanted to see, but you didn't answer the question.

- - - Updated - - -

It’s looking like an eventuality. At least the SLC office isn’t under lock down yet, so we’re still making money.
    That's good, but hopefully it doesn't come to that.

Buy on AliExpress.com
    Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    Hope it’ll be the case but right now this is the reality:

- - - Updated - - -

One of the many reasons why my wife and I have agreed to leave Florida for a more progressive state once this is over.
    You’ll get through this, dude. Just take care of yourself and stay safe for the next few weeks and weather the storm. The sun will be shining on the far side of coronavirus and quite a few fantastic states to move to once all this is over.

- - - Updated - - -

https://theintercept.com/2020/03/26/americans-for-prosperity-cdc-coronavirus/

Fuck these right wing pro-corporation, libertarian advocacy groups. Pushing for CDC and Medicaid cuts. And then demanding everyone be sent back to work during the height of a pandemic. Scumbags.

Last edited:

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
    May 26, 2009
    :agree:
    More progressive countries generally listen to science. Conservatives think science is out to get’em.

- - - Updated - - -

The one major dumbass thing our government did here in Canada was to not require mandatory 14 day quarantine for people returning to the country until yesterday. Before that it was just strongly suggested. :lol2:
    Same here :rofl:

Our dumbfuck PM just announced measures that would force people returning to Australia from overseas to have mandatory quarantine in hotels. The hotels will be guarded by our defence force :baus: :sergio:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    and they test more because they’re more progressive. Progressive as in...listen to doctors and scientists.
    It seems the trend is more progressive countries tend to test more and earlier.
    :agree:
    More progressive countries generally listen to science. Conservatives think science is out to get’em.
    This might be true in Northern America.

It's just not in Europe. I don't think anyone will see Italy as a particularly progressive country. But the truth is they have some of the most advanced medical departments of the world. They've always been at the forefront of scientific discovery in matters regarding cardiology or, ironically, lung disease. Italians are also notorious for being hypochondriacs and will go to the doctor for just about anything.

And then there are also reports that China managed to contain the epidemic precisely through testing a lot. Surely we're not going to call China progressive?

This fascination Northern Americans have with progressive / conservative is beyond me. As if the world is that easy.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
    May 3, 2012
    Biggest cunt I've seen so far in the UK is the notoriously cuntish Mike Ashley, who owns Sports Direct (budget sportswear store), Jack Wills (clothing) and Newcastle United. First he tried to keep his stores open even after the government lockdown on non-essential business, by trying to make out that sportswear/clothing was an essential item for people needing exercise, and then it just came out that Newcastle are asking for money towards next season's season tickets.

Also the owner of Wetherspoon (budget large pub chain), Tim Martin, another notorious cunt, who until the last few days was telling people to keep going to pubs like his, then suggested he would not pay his employees the 20% of salary not paid for by the government, and that his staff should not hang around and go and get jobs at Tesco.

Both of them are due to be questioned by MPs.
    Fuck them assholes. I hope people seriously stop giving their business to cunts like these.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    What is the position of the mod team in regards to insulting the Chinese in this thread? There is so much covert, and even open racism towards the Chinese and I don't feel comfortable seeing that.

I'd like to join.

It's not like we have Chinks here other than Badass and JuveJay.

Moderators?
    Agreed. Not much time, but I will try to police more.

Lazy fooks have nobody to blame but themselves, IMO.

Yeah a little bit. Totally expected given the demand surged. I think it’ll go back down.

- - - Updated - - -

What’s the latest on the wall?
    :lol:

Every day Mexico gets closer to paying for it.
    So true.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 78)