Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (22 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
So Musk was hoarding ventilators?
what would musk even have ventilators to begin with? Did he just make them or he had them laying around and for what purpose did he have them? Between Tesla and his other pet projects, what ones would require them?

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting take on the kids partying in Florida for Spring Break:

Last edited:

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
They've always been at the forefront of scientific discovery in matters regarding cardiology or, ironically, lung disease.
No, USA contribute the most to medical research then in Europe its the UK and Germany. Italian research is generally whack but Italians that have left Italy are pretty good because big industries fund good research. Nobody goes to Italy for medical treatment, its Switzerland for that purpose but for progressive treatment and cutting edge therapy its USA. They're miles ahead and do a great job, if you're rich that is.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
No, USA contribute the most to medical research then in Europe its the UK and Germany. Italian research is generally whack but Italians that have left Italy are pretty good because big industries fund good research. Nobody goes to Italy for medical treatment, its Switzerland for that purpose but for progressive treatment and cutting edge therapy its USA. They're miles ahead and do a great job, if you're rich that is.
Love your contributions here, best one in my opinion, keep it up :tup:

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
what would musk even have ventilators to begin with? Did he just make them or he had them laying around and for what purpose did he have them? Between Tesla and his other pet projects, what ones would require them?

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting take on the kids partying in Florida for Spring Break:

My guess is he bought them and donated them for publicity, but it’s poor judgment from De Blasio to give him publicity like that. The fact that largest city in the US needs a sugar daddy does not do well for public trust in their government.
Musk being an attention whore is nothing new. Unfortunately public rally around guys like him these days.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Can all have a good chuckle at Johnson, but I'd be more concerned that this takes a number of key people (scientists, emergency planners, etc) out for a period and that has an adverse impact on government ability to respond to developments and coordinate a response.

Also, Raab is pencilled in to fill Johnson's role if required. He he a real hardline Tory cunt and doesn't even have the acting/communication skills of Johnson.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Our PM is sending out such mixed messages it's wild
Social distancing but refuses to close schools, says there is no proof kids spread it but keep them away from grandparents because they could spread it.

Hasn't closed non essential retail and even said haircuts are fine but have to be 30 minutes and try to adhere to the 4 square metres apart rule

He has also shut down parliament leaving all major decisions to the executive which is a ridiculous abuse of power. It's honestly baffling, his theory is to save the economy which won't work in the long run when more and more people overwhelm our health care system and can't work anyway.

The government is also playing the blame game on who decided to let a cruise ship dock in Sydney with passengers who have since tested positive. There was no control over the situation and no measures put in place to stop them spreading it. Rumour has it there was an important person onboard with some leverage and that's why it docked with no issues.

It's honestly laughable, listen to one of his press conferences, doesn't answer any hard questions just babbles on for 30 minutes providing more confusion than answers or a plan.

Everyone went on here about ah there is no difference, that leader or this leader bla bla bla. It is not until times like this you realise that such theories are bullshit

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
This might be true in Northern America.

It's just not in Europe. I don't think anyone will see Italy as a particularly progressive country. But the truth is they have some of the most advanced medical departments of the world. They've always been at the forefront of scientific discovery in matters regarding cardiology or, ironically, lung disease. Italians are also notorious for being hypochondriacs and will go to the doctor for just about anything.

And then there are also reports that China managed to contain the epidemic precisely through testing a lot. Surely we're not going to call China progressive?

This fascination Northern Americans have with progressive / conservative is beyond me. As if the world is that easy.
um Italy didn’t start seriously testing until it was out of control, same with China

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
My guess is he bought them and donated them for publicity, but it’s poor judgment from De Blasio to give him publicity like that. The fact that largest city in the US needs a sugar daddy does not do well for public trust in their government.
Musk being an attention whore is nothing new. Unfortunately public rally around guys like him these days.
he’s a fucking Bond villain,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)