Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (21 Viewers)

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Momblano tier or ban

Kyle, my neighbour's cousin who used to work at Burger King says they're gonna shut down all the McDonalds around the world. Are you scared?

A lot of people are saying shit like their friend that works wherever is hearing this and that from so-and-so. There's enough misinformation out there already.
Yeah, I don't buy the accuracy of Publix talk, posted it as humor, but lockdown at at least state level is inevitable at some point.

- - - Updated - - -

What we can understand by this probably is that those that are younger than 60 years old can also have it bad, but not to the point of dying in the vast majority of cases. That's my assumption however
They can have it bad if they have other health issues based on large global sample sizes

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2,383
    My wife heard the same from her superiors at the hospital, there's a talk about it happening this weekend. Whether it's just gossip or not if you have to go out to stock more food do it now. That's what we're doing today.
    Illinois just announced a state-wide shelter in place as well.

I think the federal government's strategy is to incrementally announce measures over time to "flatten the curve" of panic and market implications, just like they are doing with the virus. Next week looks to be devastating to hospitals according to the curve, so if a national lockdown is the plan, it will probably happen next week. If it happens later than that, then it's way too late. It's too late even now.

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010
    Are they still claiming to not have new cases? lol
    meanwhile Russia has no coronavirus cases but their pneumonia cases are going through the roof

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-coronavirus-health-russia-idUSKBN216305

- - - Updated - - -

The data showed that the Russian capital, which has 98 confirmed cases of coronavirus, recorded 6,921 pneumonia cases in January, up from 5,058 the previous year. Nationwide pneumonia cases also spiked by over 3 percent year-on-year.
    Yet Moscow’s own health department issued a statement on March 13 saying pneumonia cases in January and February were actually 8% and 7% lower than last year.
    It did not respond when asked why its data was so different

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
    Jan 16, 2013
    Illinois just announced a state-wide shelter in place as well.

I think the federal government's strategy is to incrementally announce measures over time to "flatten the curve" of panic and market implications, just like they are doing with the virus. Next week looks to be devastating to hospitals according to the curve, so if a national lockdown is the plan, it will probably happen next week. If it happens later than that, then it's way too late. It's too late even now.
    It's already devastating. She was telling me about last night. She is horrified! They won't have any more supplies for two weeks so they're rationing and reusing the little they have. So many new cases coming out positive and some were her patients.

At this point we accepted we're both gonna get sick sooner or later, there's nothing we can do. Just hope our immune systems can fight it (especially mine having a condition).

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
    meanwhile Russia has no coronavirus cases but their pneumonia cases are going through the roof

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-coronavirus-health-russia-idUSKBN216305

- - - Updated - - -

The data showed that the Russian capital, which has 98 confirmed cases of coronavirus, recorded 6,921 pneumonia cases in January, up from 5,058 the previous year. Nationwide pneumonia cases also spiked by over 3 percent year-on-year.
    Yet Moscow’s own health department issued a statement on March 13 saying pneumonia cases in January and February were actually 8% and 7% lower than last year.
    It did not respond when asked why its data was so different
    That's because they don't have the covid 19 virus. Instead they have the Wuhan virus.
    Let's hope this blows over soon so we can get on with our lives.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)