Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (145 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I'm scared to death about something happening to my little boy. If something happens to me, fuck it. The life insurance policy will more than look after my wife and child, so at least they won't have to worry about the bills.

But man, I don't know what to do. I can't keep him shielded from the world, but every time someone around him sneezes, I damn near have a panic attack.

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #331
    I'm scared to death about something happening to my little boy. If something happens to me, fuck it. The life insurance policy will more than look after my wife and child, so at least they won't have to worry about the bills.

But man, I don't know what to do. I can't keep him shielded from the world, but every time someone around him sneezes, I damn near have a panic attack.
    How old is he now? 3? At least he's not an infant.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
    May 3, 2012

1AB7AC24-1652-47E4-A53B-2BD79363B22F.jpeg

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #334
    I meant that he could be pointed out in history as a fool that puts the economy above the public health.
    I have a hard time believing that Obama would come out and say, "this will kill thousands of people and we aren't prepared." Actually, no politician in the world would do that, as it's all a confidence game, whether it be politics, markets, or sociology.

- - - Updated - - -

He'll be 4 in April. At this point though, when will it get to the point where no age group is safe? We are starting to head down that path now.
    Hopefully the virus dies off as temperatures get warmer instead of mutate into something worse.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
    I have a hard time believing that Obama would come out and say, "this will kill thousands of people and we aren't prepared." Actually, no politician in the world would do that, as it's all a confidence game, whether it be politics, markets, or sociology.
    The policy should be more like - examining cases in the country and putting quarantines wherever you find the virus. The problem is that this will blockade cities, many will go bankrupt, crime rate will spike and so on. So Trump prefers to keep calm until things get drastic.

- - - Updated - - -

Whatever happens we are the men of our families and we should keep calm and give confidence to others. It's our job to protect them and show no fear no matter what and hope for the best.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #337
    The policy should be more like - examining cases in the country and putting quarantines wherever you find the virus. The problem is that this will blockade cities, many will go bankrupt, crime rate will spike and so on. So Trump prefers to keep calm until things get drastic.
    They should be testing more for sure. If they do eventually have to quarantine a huge city like NYC, then the market would be wiped out no matter what anyone does because nobody could even get to the stock exchange!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 130)