Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (55 Viewers)

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
BBC is citing unnamed sources saying 210 people have died of COVID 19 in Iran so far.
Just my guess:
Hookah smoke that you inhale can contain 36 times more tar than cigarette smoke, 15 times the carbon monoxide, and 70% more nicotine than one cigarette. Hookah smokers may absorb more toxins and cancer-causing chemicals than cigarette smokers

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Just my guess:
Hookah smoke that you inhale can contain 36 times more tar than cigarette smoke, 15 times the carbon monoxide, and 70% more nicotine than one cigarette. Hookah smokers may absorb more toxins and cancer-causing chemicals than cigarette smokers
so hookah smokers are more susceptible to getting the virus?

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Just my guess:
While that might be true, the biggest reason for this is government coverup. Earlier this month was the 41st anniversary of the revolution followed by parliamentary elections. Fearing a low turnout it’s likely that government ignored the signs, or simply did not publicize it and just counted them as deaths related to flu. They seem to be taking it more seriously now.

- - - Updated - - -

He means they die more from it.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
I meant that this weakens their lungs.

Also see this :

57 new cases (55 crew members and 2 passengers, of which 52 asymptomatic) and 1 new death (a man in his 80s) from the Diamond Princess cruise ship in Japan.

Out of 57 cases, there are 52 asymptomatic. This is obviously very infective but why are there so many mild and asymptomatic cases?

Also according to the reports so far kids are left relatively unharmed by the virus.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
My doctor doesn’t even know how much I weigh
Back when i had my army medical, i wanted to play my get out of jail card. So when asked if there are any health related issues, I tell them that i only have one kidney. They call my doctor to confirm this...
...Guy says he doesn't know. And he's checked it like three times before.

He's still my doctor :shifty: @lgorTudor

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Back when i had my army medical, i wanted to play my get out of jail card. So when asked if there are any health related issues, I tell them that i only have one kidney. They call my doctor to confirm this...

Looking forward to Pavle’s comment on this post. :snoop:

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
Don't read too much into that, people lying to doctors all the time
Apart from patients lying for ulterior motives, most patients don’t have a clue about what they might have done or with whom they might have come into contact with. Especially with this novel Coronavirus, these guys in the Bay Area might have come into contact with asymptomatic active virus shedders who in turn were clueless.
This is why quarantine is so important in certain situations.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
This is America. Weight is not a stable enough variable to keep track of.

lol it’s actually a reference from Curb Your Enthusiasm

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

Because he felt your prostate doesn't make him an MD.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Don't read too much into that, people lying to doctors all the time
All we have is bits and pieces while trying to see the full picture. This virus can be highly infectious with most cases being asymptomatic and thus with a very low death rate - below 0.01%, it could also be a virus that stays forever in your body and acts like the HIV virus - trying to ruin your immune system but is spreading through air.

We are months away from having a good grasp what the fuck this is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)