Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (143 Viewers)

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
So far I've seen:
- Creation of the Chinese government to silence protesters
- Is being used by the media to topple Trump
- Is being used by the Democrats to stop Trump
- Is a creation of the US government
- Conspiracy by the vaccine industry, or something (as we've seen in this thread)
- Something incoherent about panic and sheep masses

All from the same person, followed by something batshit insane like
Because you know, crystal and essential oils

Annotation 2020-02-29 210858.png
wow :lol:

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #402
    OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #404
    Lets hope it helps somehow.

I have to say though, I would've liked to have known what "medically high risk" means exactly.
    I would imagine it means the patient is suffering from other illnesses and/or has a weakened immune system.

I'm really beginning to worry about my dad who has been a smoker for many years and also struggled with respiratory illness.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011
    I would imagine it means the patient is suffering from other illnesses and/or has a weakened immune system.

I'm really beginning to worry about my dad who has been a smoker for many years and also struggled with respiratory illness.
    That's exactly what I mean, who exactly would qualify for that term? I have "exercise-induced asthma" (something that only is a problem during really intense sports, for example), my younger cousin close to starting college has pretty severe asthma, and I have an aunt that is a breast cancer survivor. Are we all medically high risk? Are only some of us?

I'm not sure. Italians smoke a lot from what I understand and they seem to be doing pretty well compared to China. Maybe this could convince him to at least cut back a bit?

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #406
    That's exactly what I mean, who exactly would qualify for that term? I have "exercise-induced asthma" (something that only is a problem during really intense sports, for example), my younger cousin close to starting college has pretty severe asthma, and I have an aunt that is a breast cancer survivor. Are we all medically high risk? Are only some of us?

I'm not sure. Italians smoke a lot from what I understand and they seem to be doing pretty well compared to China. Maybe this could convince him to at least cut back a bit?
    Yeah, not entirely sure, haven't seen what the CDC has to say about it. We've been trying to get him to cut back for a long time, easier said than done for smokers.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

What I’ve seen mentioned as high risk underlying medical issues are things like diabetes, heart problems, high blood pressure, smoking related lung issues.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-51674743

If you scroll down in this article it shows rough Coronavirus mortality rates for different issues.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011
    Yeah, not entirely sure, haven't seen what the CDC has to say about it. We've been trying to get him to cut back for a long time, easier said than done for smokers.
    I did manage to find this:

http://weekly.chinacdc.cn/en/article/id/e53946e2-c6c4-41e9-9a9b-fea8db1a8f51

Table 1 has a separate section breaking down some preexisting conditions. Interesting that fatalities were higher in the population with cardiovascular conditions when compared to chronic respiratory diseases. Perhaps it's correlated with age.

- - - Updated - - -

What I’ve seen mentioned as high risk underlying medical issues are things like diabetes, heart problems, high blood pressure, smoking related lung issues.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-51674743

If you scroll down in this article it shows rough Coronavirus mortality rates for different issues.
    I just found the study they're referencing too :D

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
    So far I've seen:
    - Creation of the Chinese government to silence protesters
    - Is being used by the media to topple Trump
    - Is being used by the Democrats to stop Trump
    - Is a creation of the US government
    - Conspiracy by the vaccine industry, or something (as we've seen in this thread)
    - Something incoherent about panic and sheep masses

All from the same person, followed by something batshit insane like
    Because you know, crystal and essential oils

Annotation 2020-02-29 210858.png
    I find it fascinating that Trump supporters who you'd assume to be race realists to some degree don't accept the simplest and most likely theory, namely chinese being chinese

If you hear hoofbeats think horses, not zebras

Last edited:

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
    OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #414
    Makes me wonder if it's not just easier for the regular healthy indivisual to get corona, sweat it off and move on with life.
    Could be. I hope I already had it in January.

- - - Updated - - -

Why does the government keep saying the N95 masks won’t work for the general public, but then they buy them in bulk for their various agencies?

Last edited:

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 131)