Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (164 Viewers)

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Also if you wear a mask while you are healthy and it gets wet it's easier for the virus to infect you due to the water in the mask.
Higher Humidity Lowers Flu Transmission. You may be safer from the flu in a humidroom than in a dry one, according to a new study from researchers at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. ... But when humidity levels were raised to 43 percent, just 14 percent of the virusparticles had the ability to infect.

That's why we hope the summer is going to stop it.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Higher Humidity Lowers Flu Transmission. You may be safer from the flu in a humidroom than in a dry one, according to a new study from researchers at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. ... But when humidity levels were raised to 43 percent, just 14 percent of the virusparticles had the ability to infect.

That's why we hope the summer is going to stop it.
I read about SARS and humidity and it was very weird. The virus was OK at warm weather and 20% humidity and warm weather and 80% humidity, but perished quickly at warm weather and 40%... Go figure.

Just take a sauna and you'll kill the bastard at some point.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Robert Koch institute said just yesterday that the generic masks people buy are absolutely useless.
Anyone with half a brain could tell you that, although they do help a little if you already have the virus, as there is some direct prevention of speaking/coughing/sneezing directly into the air en masse.

If you have experience in any manufacturing industry you also know that you would need a proper face fit test and thus suitable air-tight mask with required filter media, which in this case would be something like N95 or superior.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Anyone with half a brain could tell you that, although they do help a little if you already have the virus, as there is some direct prevention of speaking/coughing/sneezing directly into the air en masse.

If you have experience in any manufacturing industry you also know that you would need a proper face fit test and thus suitable air-tight mask with required filter media, which in this case would be something like N95 or superior.
yep, also can’t have facial hair if you wanna wear one and have it be effective

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I heard mask only works for the infected (to stop spreading) doesn’t do much for those not infected.
I think it works fine on the others but people usually make the mistake of not replacing the mask once it gets wet. Also, virus usually sticks around the body for a couple of hours before invading, so washing more often helps.

Last edited:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Yeah, scientists are not sure if it was a bat or a pangolin.

We might have a pandemic because of a quack medicine for a limp dick. I hope it was worth it, but I have my doubts.
about whether it came from an animal or which animal it came from?

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
First case in NY is a 30 something woman traveling from Iran. She lives in Manhattan.

- - - Updated - - -

Second death reported in Seattle. Apparently it has been spreading in a nursing home for quite some time

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 144)