Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (30 Viewers)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Wait wait wait.

https://apnews.com/605baf01302856a911610e93498bcb6b

Researchers at Milan’s Sacco Hospital announced that they had isolated in four patients an Italian variation of COVID-19, with differences from the strain identified in Wuhan, China, where the epidemic began. They expressed hope the discovery could lead to more targeted treatment of patients.

Research suggests the virus might have been present for some time in Italy before cases started exploding in Lombardy. “The virus has been circulating under the radar for a few weeks,” Galli, the hospital’s director of biomedical and clinical services, told state TV.
How common is this occurrence in other viruses?

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Wait wait wait.

https://apnews.com/605baf01302856a911610e93498bcb6b

How common is this occurrence in other viruses?
Very common. Viruses mutate all the time.
Just like the Spanish flu who had 3 waves with the second the most deadly one.
There were parts in the world where the mortality rate was way higher because the mutation was deadly.
Also those deadly mutations kinda prevents the virus to spread because it tends to kill his hosts very quickly until it dies down.
After the second wave, in the case of the Spanish flu, the 3rd was a very mild strain because the survivors developed imune response to the virus, so few infections, until it died down.

Last edited:

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Very common. Viruses mutate all the time.
Just like the Spanish flu who had 3 waves with the second the most deadly one.
There were parts in the world where the mortality rate was way higher because the mutation was deadly.
Also those deadly mutations kinda prevents the virus to stop spreading because it tends to kill his hosts very quickly until it dies down.
After the second wave, in the case of the Spanish flu, the 3rd was a very mild strain because the survivors developed imune response to the virus, so few infections, until it died down.
This is depressing with the example of the Spanish flu. The first wave is around April and May 1918 and is relatively mild, the second wave is October, November 1918 and is devastating. Let's hope next waves with COvid-19 won't be like that.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
A pro-government activist in Iran who for weeks claiming that Coronavirus is a lie to lower turnout in election died of the virus today. He reported he had “flu” on election eve.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
@AFL_ITALIA what's your cousins take on this?

- - - Updated - - -

I was more worried about people than the virus, and my worry was justified.

You should be more vigilant in a travel heavy area, but no justification for heading to a global recession based on a few unknowns and situation in a few countries.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
50 Year old man from Washington state with unspecified underlying health problems is the first US death.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/1st-coronavirus-death-u-s-officials-say-n1145931

@AFL_ITALIA what's your cousins take on this?

- - - Updated - - -

I was more worried about people than the virus, and my worry was justified.

You should be more vigilant in a travel heavy area, but no justification for heading to a global recession based on a few unknowns and situation in a few countries.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I thought they'd be building bunkers.

Maybe that's why I didn't see anyone hauling rice, beans and water away when I went shopping this week.

Will visit Walmart next week.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wait, leader Trump said nothing to worry about lol.
So far I've seen:
- Creation of the Chinese government to silence protesters
- Is being used by the media to topple Trump
- Is being used by the Democrats to stop Trump
- Is a creation of the US government
- Conspiracy by the vaccine industry, or something (as we've seen in this thread)
- Something incoherent about panic and sheep masses

All from the same person, followed by something batshit insane like
Because you know, crystal and essential oils

Annotation 2020-02-29 210858.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)