Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (25 Viewers)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
What we're witnessing here is the beginning of a new economic crash. This is it. The bubble was there and corona will trigger it. I think countries are preparing for it. There's no way it's not gonna happen and it's gonna be worldwide and worse than the one in 29.
:agree: I struggle to see how it won't be, no amount of fiscal and monetary stimulus can make up the damage of entire economies shutting down for weeks. The world is going to look very different on the other side of this.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
:agree: I struggle to see how it won't be, no amount of fiscal and monetary stimulus can make up the damage of entire economies shutting down for weeks. The world is going to look very different on the other side of this.
World economy is already fucked up. The US debt is too crazy to deal with. Sooner or later that bubble would have blown up but corona thing will surely light it. I can't see it stopping now since everything will go do. It's only a matter of time (read: panic) as the final nail in the head. Virus is yet to peak which will surely make countries put their economy on pause for 2-4 weeks. It's gonna create a total mess that won't be stopped.

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,908
    Looks like the chinese virus will be taking more loans from the commies and more money printing, hoorah
    Any excuse for the Fed to issue more debt. Let's fight the China Virus with the QE Virus. Yaaaaaaaay Fed and CNBC. :scarf1:

- - - Updated - - -

It's only going to make it worse, especially long-term. But just imagine if they didn't issue more debt, the markets would have been down 20% in a single day. I just hope once this is all over with people will wake up to the Fed and demand we take our money back.

Last edited:
    OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,910
    World economy is already fucked up. The US debt is too crazy to deal with. Sooner or later that bubble would have blown up but corona thing will surely light it. I can't see it stopping now since everything will go do. It's only a matter of time (read: panic) as the final nail in the head. Virus is yet to peak which will surely make countries put their economy on pause for 2-4 weeks. It's gonna create a total mess that won't be stopped.
    All of the central banks are doing the same thing though, so I don't know when the debt bubble will burst. Won't last forever.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    All of the central banks are doing the same thing though, so I don't know when the debt bubble will burst. Won't last forever.
    They all do it. But nobody bar the US has 25 trillion debt. Those injections are just postponing it, it's not a solution surely. Btw, can you imagine the stock market, investors and global economy once majority of the counties turn off 80% of their companies? And THAT happens for AT LEAST 2-3 weeks? Man, it's going to fucking hurt.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    All sorts of reports of nursing homes having cases of the virus now. I have no idea how one would protect those places from an outbreak -- unless their staff is tested and quarantined inside the facility itself. Millions of elderly are at risk here.

And while schools have been closed, I see a lot of kids playing together in the streets, and even teens congregating. Beaches are still open for spring break as well, with thousands of kids heading home later this week. Still a lot of spreadin' going on, and not just from the Coronavirus.

Despite everything going on, with lockdowns being ordered everywhere, there are still some folks that I work with pushing meetings in person next week. Such stupidity.
    That's the problem with the lockdowns. You are reliant on people being selfless and doing what is asked of them.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
    What happens to a supermarket if a worker catches the virus? They gonna shut down the store?

They come in contact with a shit ton of people, there's bound to be some sick ones among them.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,918
    Absolutely incredible, but very worrying. I couldn't imagine having a family with kids and waking up one day to that sort of predicament. Nothing is going to be left on those shelves once they get in, and this sort of situation is common theme when the virus is just getting started. We're going to have to find a way to help our communities through this, albeit in a manner conducive of not spreading the virus.

Nomuken

NUMB
    Contributor
    Dec 14, 2009
    It’s real I’ve seen it personally passing by Costco. We’re supposed to be “social distancing” and they’re all cramming together in a dumb panic, like TP is the cure to COVID19 it’s fucking retarded.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,920
    They all do it. But nobody bar the US has 25 trillion debt. Those injections are just postponing it, it's not a solution surely. Btw, can you imagine the stock market, investors and global economy once majority of the counties turn off 80% of their companies? And THAT happens for AT LEAST 2-3 weeks? Man, it's going to fucking hurt.
    It's going to be insane, but the Fed is able to print more since it's the reserve currency. If enough countries get pissed and oil runs out, it's over.

- - - Updated - - -

That's the problem with the lockdowns. You are reliant on people being selfless and doing what is asked of them.
    .. which will never occur, especially in big cities, which makes them ticking time bombs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)