Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (164 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
And now I wouldn’t be surprised if restaurants close down around here. I’m curious if there will be any supply chain disruptions in food. I really hope not, but its possible over time.
Oh I expect a huge mess in the US unless they tighten up the measures & close down pretty much everything. The closer to peak the bigger panic. I have a feeling the US will panic a lot more than Europe. Considering the crazy demand I think supply chains will suffer as surely 90% of the people would use it lol. Nobody is prepared for such scale.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Thoughts on gym/sauna?

Stay home or net positive?
Gym can get you infected just like a bus. Many people and many machines. No difference imo.

Been reading some articles and podcasts of doctors, they all laughed at the idea of sauna. They all agreed it doesn't help (regarding corona, just to be clear), despite the heat.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Gym can get you infected just like a bus. Many people and many machines. No difference imo.

Been reading some articles and podcasts of doctors, they all laughed at the idea of sauna. They all agreed it doesn't help (regarding corona, just to be clear), despite the heat.
It boosts your immune system.

Virus dies at that temp, but your body is obv much cooler than outside heat, and sauna isn't a cure if you already have it lol. All kinds of weird info and talk our there now starting with wonky homemade sanitizer recipes.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
It boosts your immune system.

Virus dies at that temp, but your body is obv much cooler than outside heat, and sauna isn't a cure if you already have it lol. All kinds of weird info and talk our there now starting with wonky homemade sanitizer recipes.
It's not a direct heat otherwise your lungs would burn out.

Immune system is quite important but majority of the people are like "let's build that immune system!". Too little too late imo. It's something you work on for a while, or always, and not just in a panic attack. Still, even with a good immune system, if you're in a contact with somebody who has corona, chances are huge you're getting it. But if you're young, fit and with a good immune system, chances are quite low (lesser than 1% surely) that you will die. It's just that you're a walking danger to elders 'cause you can literally kill them (since it's around 20% death rate in Italy for those who are 80+).

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
They block some droplets but not all due to not being tight fitting, etc ..or they don't block any droplets at all aka material is permeable?
THey don't work because it spreads through air and because they don't have air filters plus eyes are exposed. But dunno, I guess it's better wearing one than not having it all. I doubt it's a huge help, though.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
I am afraid the next big transmission channels will be the huge food stores. Every single one of these persons should be put under house arrest in order the toilet paper not go to waste.

Изпратено от моят HUAWEI LYO-L21 с помощта на Tapatalk

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I am afraid the next big transmission channels will be the huge food stores. Every single one of these persons should be put under house arrest in order the toilet paper not go to waste.

Изпратено от моят HUAWEI LYO-L21 с помощта на Tapatalk
Hopefully they lose electricity so they have to eat all the food they bought so it doesn't rot. They get diarrhea and use tons of that toilet paper they bought.

I don't get it. It's like they do nothing but shit all day.

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,478
    You can always eat some stocks, instead. Give Trump a jingle, I am sure he will send you a signed copy of the chart from yesterday.
    It must be pretty sad to be so obsessed with a person you hate. You need to find some mental help once the Coronavirus threat is over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 151)