Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (195 Viewers)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
But letting it infect 50-60% of the population seems crazy as it would wipe out so many of the old folks :shifty: can't really fight it in that case.
Yeah it is hugely risky. I think the hope is that herd resistance is built up and not passed to old people as easily. I guess they must be confident enough in the death rates of older people and the abilities of the health service in the meantime.

It wouldn't be the approach I'd go for but it is not like it hasn't been thought out and they aren't putting other measures in place.

Who knows how effective it will be, I've yet to see an ideal solution yet. I wouldn't be surprised to see a different tactic in a few weeks time.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Trump says he took a test, and is waiting for the result. Probably the biggest and best test ever!

- - - Updated - - -

Also travel ban will be expanded to UK and Ireland on Monday.

Apr 17, 2013
In France from midnight tonight all non-essential places: cafes, restaurants, cinemas , night clubs...will be closed ...Only remain open tobacconist, banks, postal agencies, food stores and pharmacies.

It's been 1 month since I went to the hairdresser.:sad:

Last edited:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
In France from midnight tonight all non-essential places: cafes, restaurants, cinemas , night clubs...will be closed ...Only remain open tobacconist, banks, postal agencies, food stores and pharmacies.
If it keeps growing next step will only have food stores and pharmacies open.

I get all those but... tobacconist? WTF, why is that important? :sergio:

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,458
    All rice, beans, pasta, chicken, beef sold out at the local grocery store. I guess nobody saw this coming. The masses are starting to panic.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,460
    I hear a number of stores in NY, Vienna, plenty of stores in Italy (and I guess many other town/countries) are pretty empty.
    And now I wouldn’t be surprised if restaurants close down around here. I’m curious if there will be any supply chain disruptions in food. I really hope not, but its possible over time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 185)