Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (69 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Still, if its that high number I doubt they cover even one third of it
A lot of the pricing is decided in advance of contract. What usually happens is refusal and legal settlement for anything that big.

I'd rather die than cover 10% tbh.

Nurse just should sit on my face until I die in peace.
:lol:

And nice catch on the offensive Juventus women Insta post.

Not to be PC, but wtf was Juventus women thinking with that??

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Right. But the risk of people indoors at a restaurant is a concern over transmission, not symptoms. This is why I've long said this idea of a vaccine as a proxy for transmissibility is f'ed up and reflects scientific ignorance and laziness.
Oh I totally agree. My wife’s friend was visiting us for a week 2 weeks ago, and since she was vaccinated, and overly confident, she went to NYC 4 times via train because “she didn’t want to drive in the city “. Now she’s COVID positive with symptoms. My wife’s pregnant and this imbecile put herself and us in danger.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
IIRC it's normal procedure in the US to send medical bills to the patient who then sends them to his insurance as opposed as Europe where the hospital swipes your insurance card and then it's not your problem anymore. Hence all the sensationalist muh $999999999 MRT bill pictures you see everywhere.
Lol no, usually the hospital bills both and then the insurance decides how much they’ll will pay based on coverage level, deductible, etc

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
American health insurance works where it is rewarded not for keeping customers healthy ... but by having dedicated lawyers and departments looking for loopholes to refuse reimbursement. Or at least to delay reimbursements as long as possible so that people give up asking.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
American health insurance works where it is rewarded not for keeping customers healthy ... but by having dedicated lawyers and departments looking for loopholes to refuse reimbursement. Or at least to delay reimbursements as long as possible so that people give up asking.
The whole thing about in-network hospitals and then in-network doctors make it even more bizarre.
(Quick shout out to $5000 ambulance rides, those are the best.)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
This is why I don't care what healthcare system we move to, as long as it works and I get to watch those companies go down in flames.
In a strange way, they deserve my scorn but they are only acting with the financial incentives they are given.

Only when the feds say, "FU, we ain't reimbursing your ass for tossing the patient to the street and having him readmitted for the same thing in 30 days" do people change behavior. This is why it's a joke to think health care in America is some private, market-based system. It's a Frankenstein where everyone has the wrong incentives.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
In a strange way, they deserve my scorn but they are only acting with the financial incentives they are given.

Only when the feds say, "FU, we ain't reimbursing your ass for tossing the patient to the street and having him readmitted for the same thing in 30 days" do people change behavior. This is why it's a joke to think health care in America is some private, market-based system. It's a Frankenstein where everyone has the wrong incentives.
There's going to be a lot of tears around here when @ALC's wife wins the Presidency based on campaigning on this issue alone.

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018

Funny part is that now insurance companies have representatives who decide if the patient is fit enough to be discharged based on his labs and various other parameters. They work remotely, and harrass the physician to discharge the patient and if he stays longer than what the insurance company feels appropriate, the hospital is not reimbursed for the extra stay.
The poor patient gets discharged in a hurry and suffers a relapse and is readmitted. And the insurance company certainly does not want to pay for the readmission. That readmission is a black mark against the hospital and the doctors.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 60)