Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (184 Viewers)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
doesn’t say. Pastor says they were healthy, but ‘murican ideas of healthy are a wee bit odd sometimes
Especially Florida.

I might start worrying when I see my peers getting sick and dying but fortunately that hasn't happened yet.

I'm curious what other Tuzzers' experiences have been. Do you guys know a lot of people who have got the cov badly or died?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Especially Florida.

I might start worrying when I see my peers getting sick and dying but fortunately that hasn't happened yet.

I'm curious what other Tuzzers' experiences have been. Do you guys know a lot of people who have got the cov badly or died?
My friend’s sister died. But she had autoimmune disorder.

Vancouver Island has had very few cases during the pandemic, and even fewer deaths. Being kind of isolated helps though. We haven’t had much in the way of restrictions either thankfully.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently a record number of children hospitalized right now too. nothing definitive on delta yet making people sicker, but perhaps has to do with increased viral load?

https://www.laprensalatina.com/us-sets-record-for-children-hospitalized-with-covid-19/

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
My friend’s sister died. But she had autoimmune disorder.

Vancouver Island has had very few cases during the pandemic, and even fewer deaths. Being kind of isolated helps though. We haven’t had much in the way of restrictions either thankfully.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently a record number of children hospitalized right now too. nothing definitive on delta yet making people sicker, but perhaps has to do with increased viral load?

https://www.laprensalatina.com/us-sets-record-for-children-hospitalized-with-covid-19/
Sorry to hear about your friend's sister.

The only person I know who may have died from Covid was my uncle as I mentioned earlier in the thread. But they never did a post-mortem so no one knows.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Especially Florida.

I know a lot of people who had it, said it sucked but otherwise recovered from it without issue.

One of my friends from school was on a vent last December, in his late 30s a little heavier than he should be but not obese. He’s bounced back but has had some long term covid and memory issues.

A couple of guys I worked with in Mexico died during the last year.

My mom works in the covid icu so she sees people live and die all the time. It apparently sucks when you die from it. Better when you don’t.

Though I have to be transparent. I was recently informed that the covid icu is just a ploy because insurance companies pay hospitals an average of $25,000 every time they admit someone to the icu.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I know a lot of people who had it, said it sucked but otherwise recovered from it without issue.

One of my friends from school was on a vent last December, in his late 30s a little heavier than he should be but not obese. He’s bounced back but has had some long term covid and memory issues.

A couple of guys I worked with in Mexico died during the last year.

My mom works in the covid icu so she sees people live and die all the time. It apparently sucks when you die from it. Better when you don’t.

Though I have to be transparent. I was recently informed that the covid icu is just a ploy because insurance companies pay hospitals an average of $25,000 every time they admit someone to the icu.
Yeah I guess being in ICU you will see that stuff more.

The last part... wat?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Yeah I guess being in ICU you will see that stuff more.

The last part... wat?
Lol I know right. I guess it got out at work that a) I’m vaccinated and b) my mom’s a covid nurse. Some of my coworkers feel the need to look out for me. Let me know the bad stuff in the world. It’s kind of sweet but also kind of crazy.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Sorry to hear about your friend's sister.

The only person I know who may have died from Covid was my uncle as I mentioned earlier in the thread. But they never did a post-mortem so no one knows.
Sorry about your Uncle. Sucks to lose family members regardless of what they died of.

I think there are still a lot of unknowns about how deadly this thing is. You have most of the first world that got hit hard by it in the 1800-3000 dead/million range, with pandemic still seemingly quite deadly for the at risk populations if they are unvaccinated, you have Peru deciding to revise their total to include everyone who may have possibly died of it which puts them up at 5800 dead/million (which led to a rural communist dictator wannabe getting elected lol). And then you have third world countries with terrible medical care and no post-mortems on most of the dead, with silly low numbers throughout the pandemic while reports suggest 4-5x the number were actually dying in the worst periods, like India.

I suspect the IFR is going to be around 0.5 when all is said and done, though the variants could change that. Seems like the main benefit of the vaccines is massively lowering the chance of serious illness in everyone and death in the vulnerable. I guess what people make of the risk/reward there is a personal choice. The “not authorized” argument is about to be tossed out the window though, as apparently the FDA is going through the steps to fully authorize the vaccines shortly. Curious to see if the people who gave that as their reason for not getting vaccinated will get the shot now, or just shift goalposts and pivot to a new reason. I suspect the latter.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Especially Florida.

My parents' neighbour died. But he was already like 75 and I just heard that he had been diagnosed with kidney cancer or something. Can't even remember when died, could've been last autumn or maybe this spring.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Especially Florida.

Yeah, a young woman in her late 20s, 10 years younger than I am, died of bilateral pneumonia caused by covid. She had an underlying condition, though, so she doesn't count ... I mean fuck those people, who just jack up the numbers for the rest of us who actually matter ...

Other than that, 4-5 people my age (late 30s) - some of them former HS classmates with no underlying conditions, got their asses kicked by covid. Two of them ended up in a hospital and barely made it out. Only time will tell the extent of any long-term damage, if at all.

There are also a couple of family friends in their late 60s, who didn't make it but they don't count, so no problem there ...

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Based on UK vaccination rates you are more than three times likely to be hospitalized if you’re unvaccinated vs vaccinated.
Not to mention death rates. In states that have given info thus far, it’s in the high 90% range for percentage of people dying that are unvaccinated. Which I would assume is the end goal here, ya know. Not to die. Lol

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
I would urge you to be more careful with statements like this one. This kind of stuff can easily cause split personality disorder in someone, who is both a covid conspiracy theorist and a corporate shill ... Good thing there are no such people around this place

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry about your Uncle. Sucks to lose family members regardless of what they died of.

I think there are still a lot of unknowns about how deadly this thing is. You have most of the first world that got hit hard by it in the 1800-3000 dead/million range, with pandemic still seemingly quite deadly for the at risk populations if they are unvaccinated, you have Peru deciding to revise their total to include everyone who may have possibly died of it which puts them up at 5800 dead/million (which led to a rural communist dictator wannabe getting elected lol). And then you have third world countries with terrible medical care and no post-mortems on most of the dead, with silly low numbers throughout the pandemic while reports suggest 4-5x the number were actually dying in the worst periods, like India.

I suspect the IFR is going to be around 0.5 when all is said and done, though the variants could change that. Seems like the main benefit of the vaccines is massively lowering the chance of serious illness in everyone and death in the vulnerable. I guess what people make of the risk/reward there is a personal choice. The “not authorized” argument is about to be tossed out the window though, as apparently the FDA is going through the steps to fully authorize the vaccines shortly. Curious to see if the people who gave that as their reason for not getting vaccinated will get the shot now, or just shift goalposts and pivot to a new reason. I suspect the latter.
So, basically like the seasonal flu ...

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I would urge you to be more careful with statements like this one. This kind of stuff can easily cause split personality disorder in someone, who is both a covid conspiracy theorist and a corporate shill ... Good thing there are no such people around this place

- - - Updated - - -

So, basically like the seasonal flu ...
Seasonal flu X5-10…. :shifty:

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Lol I know right. I guess it got out at work that a) I’m vaccinated and b) my mom’s a covid nurse. Some of my coworkers feel the need to look out for me. Let me know the bad stuff in the world. It’s kind of sweet but also kind of crazy.
Lol. A lot of people really just have trust issues.

If they don't want it, they don't want it, whatever :boh: At this point everyone knows what they can do to protect themselves as best as possible.

But you'll have people like acmilan screeching on the internet about how they're murdering others and calling for the Gov't to put them in camps.

Yeah, a young woman in her late 20s, 10 years younger than I am, died of bilateral pneumonia caused by covid. She had an underlying condition, though, so she doesn't count ... I mean fuck those people, who just jack up the numbers for the rest of us who actually matter ...

Other than that, 4-5 people my age (late 30s) - some of them former HS classmates with no underlying conditions, got their asses kicked by covid. Two of them ended up in a hospital and barely made it out. Only time will tell the extent of any long-term damage, if at all.

There are also a couple of family friends in their late 60s, who didn't make it but they don't count, so no problem there ...
Could you once, just once, make a decent post?

Why would you read what I wrote and reply in that way?

Fuckin emotionally unstable. Jesus...

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Seasonal flu X5-10…. :shifty:
:shifty:

- - - Updated - - -

Lol. A lot of people really just have trust issues.

If they don't want it, they don't want it, whatever :boh: At this point everyone knows what they can do to protect themselves as best as possible.

But you'll have people like acmilan screeching on the internet about how they're murdering others and calling for the Gov't to put them in camps.

Could you once, just once, make a decent post?

Why would you read what I wrote and reply in that way?

Fuckin emotionally unstable. Jesus...
It is very informative as it represents the reality we live in - the people who matter, either don't get covid or breeze through it; fuck everyone else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 170)