Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (255 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I'm sure tons of money were poured into the research. But money didn't speed everything up and money can't possibly speed everything up. It's known how vaccines are being made and how long it takes to make one. It has nothing to do with money (well, duh, it does require money), but it's the steps you need to take in order to have one on the market. Covid vaccines skipped way too many steps, testing phases, and it came out way too fast.

I also don't know how many cases there are. I personally know about two cases where two healthy people died after taking vaccine. They weren't old and they were healthy. I'm not saying vaccine killed them, but reasons were not given, so statistically they weren't even considered. I'm pretty sure there are plenty of those examples.
There are plenty of examples of people dying from Covid, literally millions.

Of course money sped up vaccine production. Bizarre statement. Governments poured billions of dollars at the development stage, essentially buying doses before they existed. But also what the US dubbed "Operation Warp Speed" (other countries had their own version) was the process of putting the infrastructure in place to de-risk the way clinical trials were done for large numbers of people, which sped up the process. But you still needed money put up to create this infrastructure and the work being done in the labs. What usually takes years took months.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
There are plenty of examples of people dying from Covid, literally millions.

Of course money sped up vaccine production. Bizarre statement. Governments poured billions of dollars at the development stage, essentially buying doses before they existed. But also what the US dubbed "Operation Warp Speed" (other countries had their own version) was the process of putting the infrastructure in place to de-risk the way clinical trials were done for large numbers of people, which sped up the process. But you still needed money put up to create this infrastructure and the work being done in the labs. What usually takes years took months.
I'm not saying people didn't die. But you can't and shouldn't believe everything that's out there. For example, I know some countries were paying families to sign how their famility member died from covid while in return they were paid cash. So yeah, there's that too. And no, I'm not stating how covid didn't kill people.

I'm speaking how testing takes months and years. Money can't speed that up because it takes months and years. Such testing didn't even take place with vaccines, they were given a green light so they start with the mass production. They obviously did speed up the process but that doesn't sound like a smart decision imo.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I'm not saying people didn't die. But you can't and shouldn't believe everything that's out there. For example, I know some countries were paying families to sign how their famility member died from covid while in return they were paid cash. So yeah, there's that too. And no, I'm not stating how covid didn't kill people.

I'm speaking how testing takes months and years. Money can't speed that up because it takes months and years. Such testing didn't even take place with vaccines, they were given a green light so they start with the mass production. They obviously did speed up the process but that doesn't sound like a smart decision imo.
Should I believe you instead? Why exactly? Luckily I don't live in a backwards country where that happens. I also believe the science, rather than what politicians say, or a bunch of friends sat around a table.

They didn't test the vaccines, really? I'm sure that's news to the pharmaceutical companies. I think I'll stop here as this is getting too much into bar room talk territory.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I'm sure tons of money were poured into the research. But money didn't speed everything up and money can't possibly speed everything up. It's known how vaccines are being made and how long it takes to make one. It has nothing to do with money (well, duh, it does require money), but it's the steps you need to take in order to have one on the market. Covid vaccines skipped way too many steps, testing phases, and it came out way too fast.

I also don't know how many cases there are. I personally know about two cases where two healthy people died after taking vaccine. They weren't old and they were healthy. I'm not saying vaccine killed them, but reasons were not given, so statistically they weren't even considered. I'm pretty sure there are plenty of those examples.
Dude, you are the king of anecdotal evidence. You knowing a couple people who died after being vaccinated that may or may not have anything to do with the vaccine means zilch. Also, how do you know they were healthy and had no issues at all? Had they just been to a doctor for a check-up of overall health?

Real stats, 6 people in Canada have died (3 under 50) definitively linked to side effects from the vaccine (TTS clotting all of them), there are a couple dozen others under investigation. 44 million doses have been administered to like 27 million people. At least 26,470 people have died of COVID here. 561 people under the age of 50 have died. Those are real stats.

It’s fine saying you don’t want to get it because you worry about long-term effects that haven’t become apparent yet, but short term, even in young people you’re far far far more likely to die from Covid than from the vaccine.

Anyways, I shall trust what the science says here, more than some random people on the internet. Could it turn out wrong in the end? Sure. But it’s a lot less likely its wrong than you and others opposing it.

Last edited:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
For the record, I'm not saying the vaxx is harmful, just saying it shouldn't be forced
I even agree. People think I'm having a logic of growing 5 heads if I take one while that's not a point I'm trying to make. My mom will probably get one and I don't mind. My point is entirely different.

Dude, you are the king of anecdotal evidence. You knowing a couple people who died after being vaccinated that may or may not have anything to do with the vaccine means zilch. Also, how do you know they were healthy and had no issues at all? Had they just been to a doctor for a check-up of overall health?

Real stats, 6 people in Canada have died (3 under 50) definitively linked to side effects from the vaccine (TTS clotting all of them), there are a couple dozen others under investigation. 44 million doses have been administered to like 27 million people. At least 26,470 people have died of COVID here. 561 people under the age of 50 have died. Those are real stats.

It’s fine saying you don’t want to get it because you worry about long-term effects that haven’t become apparent yet, but short term, even in young people you’re far far far more likely to die from Covid than from the vaccine.

Anyways, I shall trust what the science says here, more than some random people on the internet. Could it turn out wrong in the end? Sure. But it’s a lot less likely its wrong than you and others opposing it.
And it's like you're the king of taking a point of out my post totally out of context. But sure, fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 241)