Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (256 Viewers)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I don't think that is going to happen at all.

It has been a year and a half and people are bored. In most European countries the vast majority will be vaccinated by the end of the summer. There may be new variants, but the vaccines should offer some protection against those as well.

And then there's the fact that there are a million other diseases out there as well, you can't shut down your entire society because of a virus that is no longer deadly for 99% of the population.
Maybe, but not if you're Australian

https://globalnews.ca/news/8025944/sydney-australia-lockdown-extended/

Ah yes, I remember when they were doing so well.

EDIT: I just read that they're 12% fully vaccinated. Oh well, sucks to be them.

What is the use of vaccine if we can still get infected...My relative who went to armenia for vaccinate got covid after booster dose
It reduces severity of symptoms and likelihood of death

Last edited:

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
There are many studies that show people who get the vaccine have a smaller risk on ending up in hospital or death. Vaccine can never give you a 100% protection.
It’s pure poison my friend.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe, but not if you're Australian

https://globalnews.ca/news/8025944/sydney-australia-lockdown-extended/

I remember when they were doing so well.

It reduces severity of symptoms and likelihood of death
the effects are going to be Same. weak immune system people will suffer or die. the healthy can create immune without getting covid. i heard that it's dead virus they reverse engineer it.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
You believe in vaccines, right? You think it helps and if you get corona you have less risk? That's fine. Why do you care if I don't take one? It's my life. You got yours and according to science you are protected. If I catch covid and we go hang out, you are safe according to science. Why have lockdowns and measures? You, and majority who took vaccines, which you believe in, took it. What's the issue exactly?
I don’t care if people take it or not, I just wonder why they don’t when so far it’s been proven to work and with no major side effects.

- - - Updated - - -

My niece doesn't want to take it because she has serious white coat syndrome, but she also believe that there is a risk of making her infertile. Suppose she heard it from a friend of a friend who watched a YouTube Karen say it.
lmfao I had to google white coat syndrome, I thought it had something to do with the coating of white blood cells or something

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I don’t care if people take it or not, I just wonder why they don’t when so far it’s been proven to work and with no major side effects.

- - - Updated - - -

lmfao I had to google white coat syndrome, I thought it had something to do with the coating of white blood cells or something
I remember when there was an eye operation like 30 years ago. Some kid fell from his bike and glass went into his eye. It required fast surgery. When they took out that glass, they had to cut a part of his eye (without any big damage). When they finished the operation the patient could see better. He didn't need glasses any longer. After that they started operating using the same routine. When my dad talked to one of those doctors they said "hey, it does work but... you don't know what actually happens in 5, 10, 20 years. These are our first patient and we don't know long term effects". And no, I'm not saying it's a copy-paste case, but one thing is common and that's caution. I don't expect men to become sterile like suggested before, but I can't say they are great and work. I loved old vaccines when you took one, and when we took some when we started elementary school, and after taking it you can't get the illness no matter what. But this shit? Oh you can still get it but hey it's not THAT bad. No thanks.

Either way I find it sad and horrible how they want to force people to take it. IF they BELIEVE they are helped once they took both of the shots, they saved their ass. Why bother those who took the risk? I risk my own life, not yours. That part I don't get.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Many are made by individuals. Majority took the vaccine and so far it seems it's going to be a failed experiment. Now they want to vaccine whole population and you, as an individual, find that reasonable and normal. I do not.
How is it a failed experiment? Maybe in Serbia, in the US things are improving and vaccination is not required.

I, as an individual do not care whether someone gets vaccinated or not. Your life, your decision. I respect that. However, I’m always interested in reasons why or why not. I live in an area where many people don’t vaccinate even basic childhood illnesses like polio or measles so I’m always interested in the reasons.

I apologize if my questions make it seem like I’m pro totalitarian decisions or don’t emphasize with your case.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
How is it a failed experiment? Maybe in Serbia, in the US things are improving and vaccination is not required.

I, as an individual do not care whether someone gets vaccinated or not. Your life, your decision. I respect that. However, I’m always interested in reasons why or why not. I live in an area where many people don’t vaccinate even basic childhood illnesses like polio or measles so I’m always interested in the reasons.

I apologize if my questions make it seem like I’m pro totalitarian decisions or don’t emphasize with your case.
There was a promise how people should stay strong until vaccines come out and that's our cure and escape from the pandemic. However, there's barely any light at the end of the tunnel. Yeah, people here live freely now but imo it's more than obvious it's just a matter of time before we see measures again. IMO that's a failed experiment. It's not like nobody took vaccines. Sure, US maybe took more, but there's no way you guys won't have more and new measures again in the future.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I remember when there was an eye operation like 30 years ago. Some kid fell from his bike and glass went into his eye. It required fast surgery. When they took out that glass, they had to cut a part of his eye (without any big damage). When they finished the operation the patient could see better. He didn't need glasses any longer. After that they started operating using the same routine. When my dad talked to one of those doctors they said "hey, it does work but... you don't know what actually happens in 5, 10, 20 years. These are our first patient and we don't know long term effects". And no, I'm not saying it's a copy-paste case, but one thing is common and that's caution. I don't expect men to become sterile like suggested before, but I can't say they are great and work. I loved old vaccines when you took one, and when we took some when we started elementary school, and after taking it you can't get the illness no matter what. But this shit? Oh you can still get it but hey it's not THAT bad. No thanks.

Either way I find it sad and horrible how they want to force people to take it. IF they BELIEVE they are helped once they took both of the shots, they saved their ass. Why bother those who took the risk? I risk my own life, not yours. That part I don't get.
The thalidomide scandal is an example of what you are speaking about above, but that happened in the 1950s. Regulations for approving drugs and vaccines are far stricter today than decades ago. People are naturally sceptical because of the speed with which they were developed but there were also huge sums of money poured into the research, and its creation was expedited more than any vaccine in history because it was a public health emergency.

Also, you can also make the same case for having the vaccine, because no one knows what the long term effects are for people who have had the virus, especially for those with "long Covid", for whom there can be serious debilitating mental and physical effects even in the short term. Only time will tell for either stance.

There are things you can get from a vaccine such as blood clots or myocarditis, which, like effects from the virus, may be underlying and exacerbated, but the numbers are so tiny (19 cases from 20 million vaccinations for myocarditis with Pfizer or Moderna) that I personally read them as almost negligible. Covid itself can damage the body in lots of ways - lungs, brain, heart and multiple other organs, plus arterial issues, causing blood clots, strokes, heart attacks and permanent lung damage, even (in lower numbers) with young people. There is a 31 year old goalkeeper from Birmingham City who is currently in hospital with it. Obviously there is far greater risk for older or weaker people, but the numbers don't balance the scales in favour of not taking it.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
There was a promise how people should stay strong until vaccines come out and that's our cure and escape from the pandemic. However, there's barely any light at the end of the tunnel. Yeah, people here live freely now but imo it's more than obvious it's just a matter of time before we see measures again. IMO that's a failed experiment. It's not like nobody took vaccines. Sure, US maybe took more, but there's no way you guys won't have more and new measures again in the future.

I guess it really depends on geography. Covid in the US is really not a problem in areas with at least medium vaccination rates. Even areas with high hospitalization rates are manageable (this is likely due to advances in treatment over the last year).

The fall will be a test as many of the vaccinated will need boosters and since they aren’t required it will be up to individual to seek them out. As far as lockdowns go, we’re pretty much past that (here in North America) with the exception of some major cities. Even during the last year the majority of the country never locked down. We had mask mandates, work from home etc. But not lockdown in the European sense.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
The thalidomide scandal is an example of what you are speaking about above, but that happened in the 1950s. Regulations for approving drugs and vaccines are far stricter today than decades ago. People are naturally sceptical because of the speed with which they were developed but there were also huge sums of money poured into the research, and its creation was expedited more than any vaccine in history because it was a public health emergency.

Also, you can also make the same case for having the vaccine, because no one knows what the long term effects are for people who have had the virus, especially for those with "long Covid", for whom there can be serious debilitating mental and physical effects even in the short term. Only time will tell for either stance.

There are things you can get from a vaccine such as blood clots or myocarditis, which, like effects from the virus, may be underlying and exacerbated, but the numbers are so tiny (19 cases from 20 million vaccinations for myocarditis with Pfizer or Moderna) that I personally read them as almost negligible. Covid itself can damage the body in lots of ways - lungs, brain, heart and multiple other organs, plus arterial issues, causing blood clots, strokes, heart attacks and permanent lung damage, even (in lower numbers) with young people. There is a 31 year old goalkeeper from Birmingham City who is currently in hospital with it. Obviously there is far greater risk for older or weaker people, but the numbers don't balance the scales in favour of not taking it.
I'm sure tons of money were poured into the research. But money didn't speed everything up and money can't possibly speed everything up. It's known how vaccines are being made and how long it takes to make one. It has nothing to do with money (well, duh, it does require money), but it's the steps you need to take in order to have one on the market. Covid vaccines skipped way too many steps, testing phases, and it came out way too fast.

I also don't know how many cases there are. I personally know about two cases where two healthy people died after taking vaccine. They weren't old and they were healthy. I'm not saying vaccine killed them, but reasons were not given, so statistically they weren't even considered. I'm pretty sure there are plenty of those examples.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 243)