Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (81 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Its incredible that they manage to have virtually zero covid there. Even if they managed to contain it from within, how is it possible for a country with such huge borders to keep it out?
I think part of the reason would be that there is no freedom in that country. Government controls everything. Dictatorship, autocracy, authoritarian regime. Whatever you want to call it. They can enforce anything at all on their population. So anytime little outbreaks occur, all personal freedom goes out the window.

First world democracies, can’t infringe upon citizen rights too much, or at least not openly. Which makes it harder to deal with a pandemic, especially one that, while serious, isn’t going to kill off 10% of the population or anything close. Hardest hit states in the US for example are around 0.27% of the population right now. Which is significant but nothing that is going to cause people to follow a bunch of draconian restrictions to a T for.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I think part of the reason would be that there is no freedom in that country. Government controls everything. Dictatorship, autocracy, authoritarian regime. Whatever you want to call it. They can enforce anything at all on their population. So anytime little outbreaks occur, all personal freedom goes out the window.

First world democracies, can’t infringe upon citizen rights too much, or at least not openly. Which makes it harder to deal with a pandemic, especially one that, while serious, isn’t going to kill off 10% of the population or anything close. Hardest hit states in the US for example are around 0.27% of the population right now. Which is significant but nothing that is going to cause people to follow a bunch of draconian restrictions to a T for.
Yeah I'm aware how totalitarian they are. Still I can't imagine even China being able to track the movement over their billion plus population plus whatever movement occurs over their borders.

But if the QR code AFL mentions below is what I imagine it to be and everyone has to have it then yeah, maybe it's possible.

They do have that QR code thing on their phones as well, though I'm not sure how it works and what the system is.
Maybe it keeps a record of everybody you've come into contact with and if you test positive they'll track down all your contacts.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Yeah I'm aware how totalitarian they are. Still I can't imagine even China being able to track the movement over their billion plus population plus whatever movement occurs over their borders.

But if the QR code AFL mentions below is what I imagine it to be and everyone has to have it then yeah, maybe it's possible.

Maybe it keeps a record of everybody you've come into contact with and if you test positive they'll track down all your contacts.
I guess they also own all the media and news outlets, so even if there are outbreaks, they just completely shut down the region and don’t tell anyone how many are actually dying.

Nejc

May 13, 2006
My girlfriend is showing symptoms for the past 3-4 days so we got tested today. For me the irritation after being swabbed is the worst thing so far, she has muscle pain and gets tired super fast since yesterday morning. I guess thats whats next for me

One interesting thing is that I had a runny nose for about a week before like I have every spring but for the last two days my nose and throat ary dry as desert.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
I guess they also own all the media and news outlets, so even if there are outbreaks, they just completely shut down the region and don’t tell anyone how many are actually dying.
The Mexican government was forced to revise its covid death toll and turns out it was 60% higher than previously reported.

"The new figures came after a review of 'excess deaths' and a review of death certificates."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-la...ished revised figures,Covid-19 in the country.

Imagine what China could do.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
My girlfriend is showing symptoms for the past 3-4 days so we got tested today. For me the irritation after being swabbed is the worst thing so far, she has muscle pain and gets tired super fast since yesterday morning. I guess thats whats next for me

One interesting thing is that I had a runny nose for about a week before like I have every spring but for the last two days my nose and throat ary dry as desert.
I hope you both get well soon.

@Alex-444 How are you doing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 59)