Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (62 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Wow bro you live in fantasy land huh? I live and work in this country. Trump didn’t ride anything. Obama’s years were horrible on business slow and almost recession like. With a miserable 1.2 to 2.0 gdp every year.

The vaccine wouldn’t even been created without trump and his admin as fast as it was and distributed like wise. Remember Biden was vaccinated before he was president not after.

It’s funny how you Canadians listen to your state run propaganda and Just eat it up like a fresh pussy
What a noodle. :lol:

GDP grew 1.62% on average under Obama.

0.95% per year under the orange baboon.

Murican christians really lack intelligence.

Propaganda. Lol. Faux news boy. Did you switch to OAN and Newsmax when fuhrer trump had his post-election tantrum?

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Yeah the second round of ppp was ridiculous so for instance we had to have lost more that 25% of business in the quarter to qualify. We lost 23 so we didn’t. Thankfully we’re smart with our money. So many of our friends are out of business. It’s a shame. The government mandates closures yet puts restrictions on aid to restaurants that are so arbitrary
On the bright side, I guess it could've been worse for you then. Hope all that pent-up demand will make up for at least some of it then.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
EDIT: Started writing before Enron's post, sorry.

The counter to this would likely be the suicide rate as previously mentioned, REGARDLESS OF THE CONCLUSION this separates suicides from homicides and shows them both if you're interested.
https://www.americanprogress.org/is...18/gun-violence-america-state-state-analysis/

Also states the previously mentioned race disparity.

Personally, there definitely is merit to some of it in my opinion and should be addressed. For example: https://www.aclu.org/gallery/marijuana-arrests-numbers

When considering these numbers over the course of 10-20 years, it's easy to see how incarcerations for something useless like this would then contribute to that single parent households statistic posted earlier, which in turn could end up with children or young adults ending up as part of a statistic in the previous reply above.

But I'm going to stop being off topic now :p
Even the homicide rates, 9 of top 10 states are GOP. I guess that bursts his bubble, but we know it won’t. He’ll move the goalposts again,

- - - Updated - - -

@Enron

saw your post. Done. :tup:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Different levels of lockdown for different regions, but yeah still many restrictions in Toronto.

Just this week they started allowing outdoor dining again. But there's a lot of talk about this "third wave" being worse than the last one and harsher lockdowns may be needed again.
You need to move to Vancouver Island or Seskatchatooooooooon

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Different levels of lockdown for different regions, but yeah still many restrictions in Toronto.

Just this week they started allowing outdoor dining again. But there's a lot of talk about this "third wave" being worse than the last one and harsher lockdowns may be needed again.
Go join @Fr3sh in Nunavut. Them -60° Celsius days keep the Covid at bay. ;)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
You need to move to Vancouver Island or Seskatchatooooooooon
VI looks awesome, Saskatoon not so much.

Go join @Fr3sh in Nunavut. Them -60° Celsius days keep the Covid at bay. ;)
I'm waiting on his invitation. I wanna whip out my old Pokemon games and battle him while we toke some fresh Nunavut grown bud

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
The problem is regulation on the wrong problem hurts doesn’t help. If the problem isn’t solved, the person who wants to do harm will find something else to use don’t you get it ? So you cut out the “ assault weapons” and they will use a shot gun or rifle or hand gun or home made bomb. Confront the real problems not the results of those problems.

Also whites going out and not coming back is a mere fraction of blacks in the US doing kind.

https://afro.com/census-bureau-higher-percentage-black-children-live-single-mothers/
Oh yeah, you have stabbings and beatings in countries like China and Japan. But it's nothing even close to the fatality rate. Mass stabbings can happen, but even when they do 90% of the people survive. Any guesses as to maybe why?

By your logic here, we should give all US citizens access to nuclear weapons for that matter. Or at least chemical weapons. I mean, a weapon is a weapon, right? They're going to use it anyway.

But nobody fears getting their face blown off at a gas station for no reason in those countries. America has made everyone unsafe, but it doesn't dare question why or why other countries would not be that way.

Yes, America was built on the violent overthrow of Native Americans and the violent enslavement of Africans (I'm going there) until they got the machines to do their dirty work. But I honestly think it's self-defeating for a nation to believe, "No, we will always kill each other with ever more deadly weapons. It cannot be stopped. So the answer is more deadly weapons."

My man the people doing those murders aren’t buying guns the legal way. They’re not going through the background checks etc so gun control doesn’t stop them. This is the issue and complete misunderstanding by leftists. Gun control only harms law abiding citizens. Criminals, crazy people and gang members don’t follow laws
What you're saying is true of most other nations on earth. And yet, most other nations on earth have 10% of the violent death rate.

We're also taking a false equivalence of harms though. The harm to a law-abiding citizen not getting access to a gun is what? Somehow much more harmful than someone's sister getting their face shot off at the 7-Eleven? How are those even close in terms of harm?

Yes and most of those are in the strictest states but you don’t read.
You seem to think there are border controls and walls between the U.S. states with required customs offices stationed at every connection point.

Weird how Airola is so close to Nipples.
Damn right

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Oh yeah, you have stabbings and beatings in countries like China and Japan. But it's nothing even close to the fatality rate. Mass stabbings can happen, but even when they do 90% of the people survive. Any guesses as to maybe why?

By your logic here, we should give all US citizens access to nuclear weapons for that matter. Or at least chemical weapons. I mean, a weapon is a weapon, right? They're going to use it anyway.

But nobody fears getting their face blown off at a gas station for no reason in those countries. America has made everyone unsafe, but it doesn't dare question why or why other countries would not be that way.

Yes, America was built on the violent overthrow of Native Americans and the violent enslavement of Africans (I'm going there) until they got the machines to do their dirty work. But I honestly think it's self-defeating for a nation to believe, "No, we will always kill each other with ever more deadly weapons. It cannot be stopped. So the answer is more deadly weapons."

What you're saying is true of most other nations on earth. And yet, most other nations on earth have 10% of the violent death rate.

We're also taking a false equivalence of harms though. The harm to a law-abiding citizen not getting access to a gun is what? Somehow much more harmful than someone's sister getting their face shot off at the 7-Eleven? How are those even close in terms of harm?

You seem to think there are border controls and walls between the U.S. states with required customs offices stationed at every connection point.

Damn right
Dammit, I just got the thread under control lol

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Yooo... don't say that!

They're called Inuit.

Gotta add that to my bucket list tho. But I'm going first @Fr3sh
Yeah. Inuit it is. I always forget that Eskimo is no longer an acceptable term. :snoop:

- - - Updated - - -

@X Æ A-12

The CFL team Edmonton Eskimos just changed their name. Apparently after the Redskins name had been dropped from the NFL team, they realized that they should probably change their name too. Lol

Last edited:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
They held a music concert in Spain where 5000 people attended. All of them had to take a test before entering, measure temperature and wear a mask. No distance restrictions.

I wonder if an "option" to take a vaccine will turn into obligatory if you want to lead a normal life. It began with covid passports so if you want to travel you have to take one. I think we're at the beginning of "you have to if you want to...", so I expect such to happen for future concerts, cinema, schools, etc., or else society will turn their back on you.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
They held a music concert in Spain where 5000 people attended. All of them had to take a test before entering, measure temperature and wear a mask. No distance restrictions.

I wonder if an "option" to take a vaccine will turn into obligatory if you want to lead a normal life. It began with covid passports so if you want to travel you have to take one. I think we're at the beginning of "you have to if you want to...", so I expect such to happen for future concerts, cinema, schools, etc., or else society will turn their back on you.
The have to only applies to tests so far. We only have that in some test regions (because we are slow as fuck) so far though. Test in the morning - go to restaurant or cinema etc. and show your result.

But yeah, wouldn't be surprised.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 52)