Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (62 Viewers)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
@AFL_ITALIA

Reports of just under 200 coronavirus at home deaths each day in New York City that aren’t reported right now because they don’t have the ability to test them.

I could see it. I would also not discount people dying at home from things such as heart attacks.

- - - Updated - - -

Is the replacement hand-chosen or is there a succession policy?
That much I do not know.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Not good...

What happens if the PM becomes incapacitated? @JuveJay
Chain of command in the UK after the PM is the Chancellor of the Exchequer, Foreign Secretary, and Home Secretary, in no particular order, but it is up to the PM to choose who his most senior minister is, and in this case he chose Dominic Raab, the Foreign Secretary, as his First Minister.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
@AFL_ITALIA

Reports of just under 200 coronavirus at home deaths each day in New York City that aren’t reported right now because they don’t have the ability to test them.

Fuck this shit. Everyone has been worried that we do not count many people who have mild or no symptoms but we also do not count many of the corona deaths too. This is obvious in almost any country which is overwhelmed by the disease.
In the end, the actual death rate may be much higher than 2%.
SARS and MERS were just training sessions by Mother Nature..
Covid-19 is the real deal.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
What's up with the hype with Tiger King? Is it good?
Too much quarantine time, not enough to do.

This can be a scene from a disaster movie where politicians get ahead of scientists and kill scores in the process.
Trump has to own shares.

But it is an approved medication, so i really don't understand what everyone is on about.
I’ve had that stuff for going to some of the sketchier parts of India. It’s not something you really want to take even if you know you’re going to Malariatown. A friend of mine had one of her best friends die from it, and she was a strapping 30-year-old global traveller and fitness guru.

But that’s on-label. The question gets dodgier off-label. That’s when you get into taking blood pressure meds to make your hair grow. That’s dubious as hell. Because all drugs, even the legal ones, have undesired side effects. They just become more tolerable relative to the thing that is directly messing you up.

It is brilliant. Still one of my favorite shows of the last decade.

After 2 seasons and it's one of the best shows ever imo
And thank you for the intro. :D

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
have any of you purchased respirator masks? I have a pack of 10 N95 masks that I bought before the coronavirus issue and have not opened.

I understand the need to leave masks for first responders etc. but if this isn't going to be over any time soon then I am wondering if it is time to be better prepared?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

Trump has to own shares.

I’ve had that stuff for going to some of the sketchier parts of India. It’s not something you really want to take even if you know you’re going to Malariatown. A friend of mine had one of her best friends die from it, and she was a strapping 30-year-old global traveller and fitness guru.

But that’s on-label. The question gets dodgier off-label. That’s when you get into taking blood pressure meds to make your hair grow. That’s dubious as hell. Because all drugs, even the legal ones, have undesired side effects. They just become more tolerable relative to the thing that is directly messing you up.

Thanks for elaborating on the point i made, it still stands though off label is still legal and in the absence of an approved treatment i don't see any legal or ethical qualms with prescribing it.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

Trump has to own shares.

What's funny is that some of those initial tests touting hydroxychloroquine as treatment come from China.

https://www.contagionlive.com/news/results-from-a-controlled-trial-of-hydroxychloroquine-for-covid19

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)