Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (41 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I'm obviously not here to defend Trump, but that particular action makes total sense to me. NYC needs all the help it can get.
Seems that way. But also Trump needs to take responsibility for his role in that. He won't because he's a deluded cretin and a bit of an imbecile, but I guess that's another story.

But yeah, the situation in the US is and will be the most critical in the world over the next few weeks, it's a bad mixture of different factors. I just think that once the dust settles on these extraordinary circumstances we'll find past agreements may not be worth the paper they were written on.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
has it ever been warm enough in Finland to drink Corona?
Nope. Tried that today with my friend, we went to the beach. It was only +5 outside. 2 hours and 4 beers later I was glad to get back to home.

EDIT: Actually there has. 2018 summer was dope, it was +30 degrees for weeks. We had heck of an boat trip back then with my friends. :agree:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
The 5G frequency is high, much higher than we should be exposed to because 4G has been shown scientifically in mice to reduce male fertility. That's a strong response. UV light causes cancer but that manifests over a long time, old white people who sunbathe a lot are high risk to basal cell carcinoma, its not deadly but a cancer nevertheless. Imagine all day everyday being exposed to high frequency radiation, it's bound to damage your cells. Those studies will come out but after the rollout of 5G, just like the 4G studies did.

3M have factories in different countries, I'm curious as to how the US will maintain peaceful negotiations that's all.

First of all with all due respect to your girlfriend, my brother was with J&J and I've collaborated with them before. They want to make money, they want products that follow scientific studies for credibility then they do testing to make sure they don't kill people. Once they get those certificates, sell sell sell. It's short term science when the long term implications are ignored, they pay people like me to make sure there is a positive effect of the product and no side effects. I'm an academic scientist, I've tested for them and those who I've dealt with and not in it to help people. Read up on the talcum powder legal cases they've had.

Scientists and virologists know COVID well know in only a few months, you downplay how their role because without the vaccines and medications you probably wouldn't exist. For medical researchers it's our duty to help everyone, same goes for doctors. I work with surgeons who do 5 hour surgeries on very old people, to give that person even a few more months alive is worth it. I've never heard a doctor complain about that, ever.

It seems like you've been dehumanised, the lives of older people are not important to you. You're an intelligent person but not feeling empathy for older people while you believe it's to save the next generation, it's worrying. You can't quantity people like that, you assume the younger people will contribute more but you can't prove that. My professor just retired at 80. He's a pioneer in cancer stem cell research, today he's still the smartest academic I've ever known. I'd save him before any vegan hippy crack inhaling snowflake.

My research centre is next to a hospital, there's a few secluded areas where you see doctors that will go and just cry and scream because of maybe a patient that died or whatever. It's what makes us human, its sad but also great to see.
No.

Again. You are shortsighted. It's not about not having empathy. In fact it's about having a lot of empathy. The quality of life of an 85 year old is not that of a 35 year old. I wish we were far enough advanced to have 85 year olds dancing around, but the truth is they are crippled, have aches and pains all over and are riddled with disease.

Again though, I am not saying we should let all these people die or not take measures to protect them. I am saying though that destroying an economy and destroying the lives of 20-50 year olds is just not worth it when we're doing it to basically extend the lives of 85 year olds with a couple of months.

Measures against corona? Sure. Lockdowns and shutting down economies? No.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I'm obviously not here to defend Trump, but that particular action makes total sense to me. NYC needs all the help it can get.
I think the thing with Trump is that if he does do something that makes sense, it's probably accidental.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
stop having sex with them
Coronavirus isn’t a venereal disease, bro. As long as you wrap yourself up in Saran Wrap, just leaving genitalia exposed, you’ll be safe to have sex with anyone. I swear it.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.propublica.org/article/...-times-the-normal-price-for-medical-equipment

The Trump admin having states bidding against each other and FEMA allowing for massive price gouging and pandemic profiteering.

Unregulated capitalism at its finest! :tuttosport:

Last edited:

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
So my wife’s friend who’s the charge nurse at the hospital got a fever. She’s trying to find a way to get tested but chances are it’s the virus given they’ve been reusing masks/gowns all week long and obviously they’re the ones treating the sick. My wife is now complaining she’s got a sore throat, hopefully it’s nothing.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Good plan. @Mark can bring some of that delicious Quebec maple syrup.

@Fr3sh Where you at, my man? Hope you are keeping safe up there in the Arctic.
I'm good, thanks for the concern.

There's no cases in Nunavut so far, however I doubt it'll remain like that. The schools are closed and to be reopened on the 21st, however that's is to be opened only if there's no cases.

I think it's stupid and they should keep it shut as precaution. There's only one hospital and it's pretty small, it's always packed even before this ordeal. They're not equipped to deal with it at all. And the way the locals live in overcrowded houses doesn't help. Either way, we'll see how it goes, and hope for the best.

Hope you, your family and the rest of the tuzzers are doing good. Much love to you all. Be safe.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Coronavirus isn’t a venereal disease, bro. As long as you wrap yourself up in Saran Wrap, just leaving genitalia exposed, you’ll be safe to have sex with anyone. I swear it.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.propublica.org/article/...-times-the-normal-price-for-medical-equipment

The Trump admin having states bidding against each other and FEMA allowing for massive price gouging and pandemic profiteering.

Unregulated capitalism at its finest! :tuttosport:
The Trump admin? Pretty sure that's the law

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I'm good, thanks for the concern.

There's no cases in Nunavut so far, however I doubt it'll remain like that. The schools are closed and to be reopened on the 21st, however that's is to be opened only if there's no cases.

I think it's stupid and they should keep it shut as precaution. There's only one hospital and it's pretty small, it's always packed even before this ordeal. They're not equipped to deal with it at all. And the way the locals live in overcrowded houses doesn't help. Either way, we'll see how it goes, and hope for the best.

Hope you, your family and the rest of the tuzzers are doing good. Much love to you all. Be safe.
Good to hear you are safe and doing well, my man. Hope the same for your family and friends, wherever they are.

World’s gone cray cray, hopefully it is just temporary and the warmth of summer brings a bit of respite. You staying up north for the summer months?

- - - Updated - - -

The Trump admin? Pretty sure that's the law
I meant, and some governors have requested, that the federal government act as a centralized hub for these purchases and then ships them out to states as they are needed. It’s beyond stupid to be vastly overpaying for medical equipment and supplies in a pandemic because the states have to bid against one another.

Jul 13, 2010
Aw man that's wholesome guys. These disasters really bring people together, but guess what, once the trump topic pops up - forger it. Let's concentrate on Italy, because what happens there can be then predicted in most parts of Europe.

And we want football to resume.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)