Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (112 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
If I understand the issue, a lot of their third party providers that sell it are pushing their products overseas to companies who pay cash instead of supplying the US customers first OR that a lot is produced overseas so the overseas customers are getting supplied first and the products are getting sent to customers here in the States. Something along those lines, so he he is not happy the US custom orders are getting fulfilled and put not he back burner instead. If that makes any sense, there is probably more too it but that was his last tweet..

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
The sound of ambulance sirens is constant. One actually just passed.
Seriously? That's insane. I work in the center of Antwerp (yes, I still go to work) and I don't see any ambulances at all. There are more people in ICU's now, sure, but we're not in that sort of state here at all.

I can imagine that obesity being a risk factor might really hurt the US though...

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Seriously? That's insane. I work in the center of Antwerp (yes, I still go to work) and I don't see any ambulances at all. There are more people in ICU's now, sure, but we're not in that sort of state here at all.

I can imagine that obesity being a risk factor might really hurt the US though...
My house is a half a block from a busy avenue so I of course hear noise constantly, first responder sirens included. But I've never heard it so quiet outside, except for maybe huge blizzards. This is only broken now by ambulances, of which I hear another now.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
If I understand the issue, a lot of their third party providers that sell it are pushing their products overseas to companies who pay cash instead of supplying the US customers first OR that a lot is produced overseas so the overseas customers are getting supplied first and the products are getting sent to customers here in the States. Something along those lines, so he he is not happy the US custom orders are getting fulfilled and put not he back burner instead. If that makes any sense, there is probably more too it but that was his last tweet..
did he not just talk about envoking a rule that prevents this?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Defense Production Act, it gives him the power to say what companies make and where those products go
I think the issue is, despite the company is here ( I think) they have production of products we need that are overseas so the company/distributers primarily are stocking the local overseas markets before sending them here. Supply chain issue I think...

- - - Updated - - -

3M's CEO rebuttal...

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/03/cor...-mask-production-after-trump-invokes-dpa.html

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
You know, I can't speak for other regions in the world, but in Belgium we have a culture of simply driving up somewhere to have a meeting. Part of that is because the distances are limited. Though we are still speaking about drives that take an hour or an hour and a half. I wonder if, after corona, these are things that will be entirely replaced by video calls.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 94)